Luis Suarez Chomping at the Bit.

mtlfan

Luis Suarez Chomping at the Bit.

My thoughts on Suarez

Creationists sneer at the thought of evolution and they were extremely peeved to see their thoughts are challenged by a certain striker extrodinaire named Luis.

He lives in what some describe as the Liverpool Zoo where he’s caged except for training and match day. You see Luis thinks he’s a reptile and looking down the bloodline in-laws debate whether his biting technique and reptilian side is his father’s or mother’s side. I hope a quick check on Ancentry.com can confirm this. Now free to wonder the swamps, perhaps a cooking show with Jamie Oliver where he can introduce his favourite dishes and his a new secret sauce. Probably the secret is one part Serbian with a Dutch sprinkle.

Getting back to the creationists they say he’s just a misunderstood cannibal, who is being discriminated against because of his menu selection.

Any other explanations?

Personally I don't like him at all and I don't think I have to explain why. But the other day I was having a conversation with my brother about his last incident and he had some interesting points about his persona. He told me "I like him because he's so obsessed about winning. I always thought that in football, you must be a bad loser and a good winner".

^ Yeah, I love the way he plays the game. I'll laugh my arse off if he wins Footballer of the Year in England. :D But don't think he will because that requires votes which means you have to be liked.

By the way, the FA should be embarrassed for giving him a 10 match ban just for biting another player. Defoe did the exact same thing to Mascherano a few years ago and he got ZERO games! Also Terry got a 4 match ban for doing the same thing Suarez did, and Luis received 8 matches. No consistency!

^ Yeah, I love the way he plays the game. I'll laugh my arse off if he wins Footballer of the Year in England. :D But don't think he will because that requires votes which means you have to be liked.

By the way, the FA should be embarrassed for giving him a 10 match ban just for biting another player. Defoe did the exact same thing to Mascherano a few years ago and he got ZERO games! Also Terry got a 4 match ban for doing the same thing Suarez did, and Luis received 8 matches. No consistency!

I am sure the fact that this was not the first time played a role in the length of the suspension as well. I think 10 games is a fair suspension and good on the FA for doing it.

I am sure the fact that this was not the first time played a role in the length of the suspension as well. I think 10 games is a fair suspension and good on the FA for doing it.

John Terry isn't exactly an angel outside of the racial abuse incident he created. I don't know if 10 games is fair or not, but if Suarez was English he wouldn't miss that many matches, that's for damn sure. The reputation factor only seems to come into play when the player is foreign.

John Terry isn't exactly an angel outside of the racial abuse incident he created. I don't know if 10 games is fair or not, but if Suarez was English he wouldn't miss that many matches, that's for damn sure. The reputation factor only seems to come into play when the player is foreign.

That may be true and if you make a thread about Terry not getting adequate punishment I would agree with you on it. However, Suarez deserved 10 matches and possibly more for his actions so their is nothing to complain about on his behalf.

On the BBC radio show "Fighting Talk" they end the show with a play off csalled Defending the Indefensible.

One of the all time Classics was, "I would have no problems at all inviting John terry to my Childs 4th Birthday Party"

Missed this weeks offering but I sure "Gnasher" has been the subject of many a comment by now.

I really like Diego Forlan. The wrong Uruguay striker continued in form after the World Cup. Have heard very little from Forlan since then.

He's turning 34 this year so age is likely a factor. On the other hand Suarez and Cavani are in the prime of their careers at this point.

Archived