Canadians abroad: April 19-25, 2013

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 19-25, 2013.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Friend played 90 and SCORED his 4th of the season in a 2-1 loss.

Edit # 1: Just saw that Edgar played the second half for Burnley and SCORED the tying goal in stoppage time in a 1-1 draw.

Edit # 2: And, Massih Wassey SCORED on a penalty (in the 90th it seems) to salvage a 1-1 draw in German 4th division. He has been scoring a lot lately and can hopefully make an upward move for next year.

Combined with the U-17 result, this is starting out as a very nice weekend for Canadians. Keep the goals coming boys!

Singapore

Harimau Muda B 0-1 Home United (Webb)

Germany

Eintracht Frankfurt 1-0 Schalke

Occean stayed on the bench.

Darmstadt 1-2 Saarbrücken

Adam Straith played 90 minutes in central defence.

England

Norwich 2 - 1 Reading

Jackson on the bench.

Doncaster 0 - 1 Notts County

Hume subbed in at 77 minutes.

Swindon 3 - 0 Stevenage

Haber brought on in the 85th for 10 man Stevenage.

12:15 pm ET

Tamworth v Woking (McCallum)

France - Ligue 2

Lens 1-2 Nimes

Al-Shaibani was on the bench.

Netherlands

1st half

AZ Alkmaar 0 : 1 PSV

Atiba Hutchinson in the starting XI

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/182166/1/watch-az-vs-psv.html

2.Bundesliga

Duisburg 1 - 1 Köln

McKenna played his usual 90 minutes as Koln earn a point and are within 2 of a promotion play off.

Italy

Ascoli 0 - 1 Padua

De Bellis not in the Ascoli squad.

Russia

Torpedo Moscow (Di Chiara) 0 - 1 Salyut

Sweden

Gefle 1 - 2 AIK

Stamatopoulos came off the bench in the 87th minute.

Di Chiara wasn't on the 18 man squad.

Di Chiara wasn't on the 18 man squad.

I believe that his team was at home against a bottom of the table team (Salyut) in Russian 1st division (which they are as well). According to the match report that I saw, Salyut went down to 10 men, with the score 0-0, then scored, then went down to 9 men, and Torpedo Moscow still couldn't equalize. I guess what I'm saying is that it's either: (a) sad that JDC can't make the game day 18 on this team, or (B) he's never going to get a better chance to be inserted into the squad then after this match!

I believe Grizz knows a lot about this league and has said that JDC is potentially being hurt by a cap on foreign players ... and the coach has commented that the team is planning on being in the RPL soon; he better check the standings, because they are in danger of going down to the 3rd level!

I believe that his team was at home against a bottom of the table team (Salyut) in Russian 1st division (which they are as well). According to the match report that I saw, Salyut went down to 10 men, with the score 0-0, then scored, then went down to 9 men, and Torpedo Moscow still couldn't equalize. I guess what I'm saying is that it's either: (a) sad that JDC can't make the game day 18 on this team, or (B) he's never going to get a better chance to be inserted into the squad then after this match!

I believe Grizz knows a lot about this league and has said that JDC is potentially being hurt by a cap on foreign players ... and the coach has commented that the team is planning on being in the RPL soon; he better check the standings, because they are in danger of going down to the 3rd level!

Yes the match report you read was correct. Salyut went down to 10 men in the 44th minute and then scored in the 61st. In the 84th they went to 9 men. So yes a pretty bad result for Torpedo against a team that is a fellow relegation candidate though not in a relegation spot right now. Torpedo is also 3 points out of a relegation spot and really need to avoid relegation because it would be a disaster for a club that has been steadily rebuilding after hard times. Also could be a disaster for DiChiara because not sure how many foreigners if any are allowed in 3rd division.

Although it is only conjecture I do think it is the foreigner limit keeping DiChiara off the bench because Torpedo has 6 foreigners now, 3 over the limit of foreigner in a game line up. They are bringing him on away trips which implies he is still in their plans. While it might seem bad that he can not crack the lineup of a lower table team it is likely that as long as the team is in relegation danger the coach is not going to make too many experiments with young players. If they manage to get out of danger I would think we would see him get some time. From what I can gather he was brought in as a player for the future and we should not be too paranoid either, he just turned 21 at the end of January.

For some reason I did not find out, Torpedo played this in the 78000 seat Luzhniki stadium instead of their usual stadium. The day before CSKA and Spartak played a derby match there in front of 67740 fans. Torpedo's match had an attendance of 899. Luzhniki went from this:

OB-XD893_042113_J_20130421145501.jpg

To this:

image?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=1346

and Salyut's away support

image?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=1338

Or in video from this:

Archived