CONCACAF U17 Championship 2013

I would attribute Flemmings success to the talent at his disposal. We all know the players coming through the system are technically, tactically, and professionally more advanced than their predecessors.

For what it is worth, I have had coaches who worked directly with Hart at NTC Atlantic and they say he is a great soccer mind. Hart is very well respected in the soccer community. I would be surprised if you have spoken with coaches involved in Canadian soccer that share your opinion of him. I also have a friend/teammate who has played at NTC. Once again, nothing but great things.

Flemming on the other hand is not spoken about with the same admiration. Not to say he is a bad coach, but certainly Hart appears to be admired more.

Ironically, Harts time with King of Donair highlights his coaching ability. That team regularly challenged for national medals in a tournament dominated by the big four provinces. I believe they won under Hart as well.

I have no problem with him helping out with our youth teams. Not using a guy with his knowledge and credentials is a waste of resources. Say what you want but at the end of the day he is a former senior national team coach (not to mention he got us the closest to the HEX in recent years)

I agree with with your comment attributing Fleming's recent success to the better talent at his disposal rather than his coaching talents or abilities. Does any one know his coaching resume ? Has he coached anywhere else other than NTC Prairies ? If so what his record is ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have personally heard something different.

Whether you believe Hart is a good trainer/coach/tactician/or whatever else, is your opinion. But this last statement has to be the worst rationale for keeping him around with our youth teams.

Hart was under qualified and should never have been given the positions he has held in the first place. Surely Hart isn't now more qualified for a youth coaching position based on having been a previously under qualified manager for an older team!?

What? Of course he is more qualified, you get experience by being there and doing things, you do realize everyone is inexperienced at some point right? CSA has a real problem with untested coaches at almost all levels, Hart was given the top job and failed (and I don't mean just not qualifying, but he failed based on some of his decisions) but he is still very qualified to coach at the youth level, and with regards to the CSA there isn't a wealth of people kicking down the door trying to take up youth positions. So we really can't waste the guys we have, and especially the guys who by all accounts is very committed to the cause and willing to admit mistakes which shows a level of intelligence and ability to improve.

What? Of course he is more qualified, you get experience by being there and doing things, you do realize everyone is inexperienced at some point right? CSA has a real problem with untested coaches at almost all levels, Hart was given the top job and failed (and I don't mean just not qualifying, but he failed based on some of his decisions) but he is still very qualified to coach at the youth level, and with regards to the CSA there isn't a wealth of people kicking down the door trying to take up youth positions. So we really can't waste the guys we have, and especially the guys who by all accounts is very committed to the cause and willing to admit mistakes which shows a level of intelligence and ability to improve.

If I was suddenly appointed Prime Minister of Canada (obviously an exaggerated example but hopefully shows my point) and then I left because I wasn't up to the job because I'm obviously not actually qualified for the job, that doesn't mean that I would suddenly make a good Senator because I was previously the PM. I'm still not qualified for either position!

And to clarify, I am not saying Hart's helping out is a big issue based on this comment, as I said by saying if anyone thinks he is a good tactician/trainer, etc, then that's fair enough. I'm saying Hart being in a position he never should have been in (MNT manager) should never been considered as a reason why he is considered an appropriate appointment to be working with our youth sides. If you think his other attributes are up to the task, then fine, but his time as MNT is of no relevance IMO based on said reasons.

Hart hasn't been through it before though, has he? When has Hart qualified any team he has managed for anything?

You know that applies to the majority of our coaches though, right? Also, I don't think qualifying for events necessarily means the coach knows what he's doing. Mitchell was pretty adept at qualifying for the U20 tournament, but he was a disaster as a MNT coach, much moreso than Hart.

I would attribute Flemmings success to the talent at his disposal.

However Dasovic failed with that same group. I think Fleming deserves some credit. While you can attribute some of the skill to these kids' setup, he's deploying them in a fashion that exploits their talents. Those kids were playing some nice football against Jamaica. Also, his substitutes in that game were pretty spot on. I think Fleming has shown that he's a decent coach.

As for Hart, I'm not sure what everyone's so worried about. At the very most, he's picking up cones for the team. He's not some sort of puppetmast trying to bring about the downfall of Canadian soccer. Also, don't forget that he and Fonseca were inseparable for two years, so if anything, whatever knowledge he would be imparting would no doubt be endorsed by our technical director as he is probably understands Fonseca's vision better than anyone.

Also, constantly bringing up the King of Donair resume is getting annoying.

You know that applies to the majority of our coaches though, right? Also, I don't think qualifying for events necessarily means the coach knows what he's doing.

Of course I realize that, though he has failed in 4 straight campaigns if I recall it correctly. Which is brutal.

As for Hart, I'm not sure what everyone's so worried about. At the very most, he's picking up cones for the team. He's not some sort of puppetmast trying to bring about the downfall of Canadian soccer.

He could be a double agent for Vancouver Whitecaps, and they are teaming up in their hatred of Canada! ;)

He's not some sort of puppetmast trying to bring about the downfall of Canadian soccer. Also, don't forget that he and Fonseca were inseparable for two years, so if anything, whatever knowledge he would be imparting would no doubt be endorsed by our technical director as he is probably understands Fonseca's vision better than anyone.

Thank you El Hombre! And even if Hart is completely unqualified, Fleming doesn't have to listen to anything he says. It's like some people think Hart will be a "Grima Wormtongue" to Fleming.

Somebody who knows how (Blackdude?), please make a même about Hart with this pic:

ae62647b-a2af-4be0-8c21-c4cc3dbd6a6f.jpg

I think Fleming has done a fine job with this team, they looked so much better than Jamaica technically and they didn't panic even when losing in the second half! I haven't seen enough of these players to comment much on his starting lineups although Hamilton really seemed to change things in our favour when he came into the match, I do think I would start him! As Fleming has said, this is a great opportunity tonight for the kids to play in a hostile environment which hopefully some of them will learn from as they progress to older age groups! I'm looking forward to tonight's match!

Archived