Hello from Elliot Lake

wcs53

I only recently found out about this forum, joined up as soon as I did, and figured I should introduce myself. I was born in Scotland, but I have Canadian citizenship now as well. I met my Canadian wife in Germany in 1989, got married to her the following year and moved to Canada in '94. I wouldn't go back to Scotland to live now. Being Scottish, I obviously grew up with football and am a lifelong (Glasgow) Rangers fan. Apart from my daughter, who lives and breathes all sports, there are not many people here in Elliot Lake to talk to about football, so I'm looking forward to participating on this forum. We're also looking forward to getting to more of the Canada National games now that I've joined this group, starting with the game on 2 June.

I only recently found out about this forum, joined up as soon as I did, and figured I should introduce myself. I was born in Scotland, but I have Canadian citizenship now as well. I met my Canadian wife in Germany in 1989, got married to her the following year and moved to Canada in '94. I wouldn't go back to Scotland to live now. Being Scottish, I obviously grew up with football and am a lifelong (Glasgow) Rangers fan. Apart from my daughter, who lives and breathes all sports, there are not many people here in Elliot Lake to talk to about football, so I'm looking forward to participating on this forum. We're also looking forward to getting to more of the Canada National games now that I've joined this group, starting with the game on 2 June.

Hey! Welcome aboard!

Quiet around here now but that'll be changing soon enough.

I'll bet if a gypsy reading your fortune 25 years ago had foretold you're moving to "Elliot Lake, Ontario" you'd have said "What?" and "Where?" and then "I want my money back you fraud!"

Life's funny sometimes like that isn't it? You never quite know where things are really leading to until, for better or worse, you get there. Sometimes unexpectedly and as often as not, surprised.

Huh... That's Canada footie right there in a nutshell really.

Welcome aboard.

I'll bet if a gypsy reading your fortune 25 years ago had foretold you're moving to "Elliot Lake, Ontario" you'd have said "What?" and "Where?" and then "I want my money back you fraud!"

lol! You got that right. 25 years ago I didn't even know that Elliot Lake existed!

Archived