Sellout is now official!

Admin

CWNT = Cash Cow

Would be wise for the CSA to push for an additional game vs the US in the western Canada.

Congrats to all! Massive

...we have to fund our mens sqaud somehow ; )

In BC Place.... that would be great.

Just hours after tickets went on sale, the June 2nd rematch was sold out.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-v-usa-rematch-sold-out-p153552

We will have some tickets on sale next week. The exact number I am sorting out right now.

Stay tuned if you want to go and you don't have tickets yet.

Yeah if you have any extras next week I would like some.

EDIT: Never mind I just ordered one for the Hard Core section (normally stand here when I go alone anyway...too intense for friends and family). I was just asking before for friends and I'm getting tired of the phone tag I'm playing with them. Their loss.

I'm bringing some friends who've never been to a Canada game (I don't think). I've told them they will be standing and singing and yelling - but is there a condensed version of the songs with some youtube links to help them come prepared that I could share with them?

It's months away but I'm pretty excited. I know it's just a friendly but I want to show this team how much they mean to us and send a message to all (potential) members of the Canadian national programs how much we will support them.

great to see such strong support from the public, we gotta make sure though the hardcore voyaguers are all still there

Yup. Twenty thousand shrieking schoolchildren is all well and good, but this team deserves the best coordinated support we can offer.

That's why it's vitally important, to ANYONE BRINGING FRIENDS TO THE GAME: Make absolutely sure they know what they're there for. They're not there to "soak in the atmosphere" of being in the supporters section -- they're there to be a PART of it.

At the end of the day, I'd rather the south end have a bunch of newcomers who will fully buy in to getting excited about Canada (even if they wouldn't know Christine Sinclair if she passed them on the street) than a whole bunch of folks who got jazzed up when they were introduced to the CanWNT at the Olympics but who'll sit on their hands for 90 minutes.

I'm probably sounding like an exclusionary jackass, but honestly, getting the deal that we (the Voyageurs) do for these games entails some responsibilities. And that means anyone who buys tickets in the section has a responsibility. So, please, be conscious about who you're giving/selling tickets to in the supporters section, since they will ultimately (in some small way) reflect upon all of us.

(Plus I don't really want to be yelling angrily at strangers. Those days are behind me, I think.)

Maybe this is the wrong thread (as it should probably go in planning), but in keeping with the rewards and challenges of a sell out, I wan't to explore again the possibility of putting our more simple chants on the screen.

Ooo Ah Canada

Canada (clap, clap, clap)

Certainly the counting when solo has the ball

It would do wonders to co-ordinate what could be a cluster****.

Guest Future CanWNT
Maybe this is the wrong thread (as it should probably go in planning), but in keeping with the rewards and challenges of a sell out, I wan't to explore again the possibility of putting our more simple chants on the screen.

Ooo Ah Canada

Canada (clap, clap, clap)

Certainly the counting when solo has the ball

Sounds like good idea to me if its possible.

At the last CanWNT v USA game at BMO Field, in 2009 or whatever, the "Voyageurs section" (such as it was) consisted of about 30-40 ambling around in sections 112-113. Section 111 was essentially all U10 girls teams, but we found that simple chants and repetition (e.g. "Canada! (clap clap clap)") really got them on board after a while. And once they felt they had a hang on it, they REALLY got into it.

THIS is what we need to aim for on June 2. We need to realize the audience and embrace it. The massive won't catch on. The bounce won't work. But if we keep things SIMPLE, and take an inclusive attitude towards the youngsters/families who will surely be filling most of the stadium, then we can really harness that energy, I think.

And oh yeah, everyone's gonna start counting as soon as Solo touches the ball. That's a given.

THIS is what we need to aim for on June 2. We need to realize the audience and embrace it. The massive won't catch on. The bounce won't work. But if we keep things SIMPLE, and take an inclusive attitude towards the youngsters/families who will surely be filling most of the stadium, then we can really harness that energy, I think....

Perhaps though, someone could compile a list, write down some chants, or generally create a "NEED TO KNOW" list / links. For the future even. I think that if something is available, we may find that more folks will be "onboard" in the future.

;)

I think its good to do some of the better songs too; that way people know there is more to learn and get involved with. Plus that I cannot chant CA-NA-DA clap clap clap for 90 minutes, my voice and brain wont allow it. So my energy will drop after a while.

Perhaps though, someone could compile a list, write down some chants, or generally create a "NEED TO KNOW" list / links. For the future even. I think that if something is available, we may find that more folks will be "onboard" in the future.

Such lists have been made, and I'm sure they'll be made again and distributed on this forum and at the pre-game party.

But the thing is, those U10 teams and families and whoever else is making up the majority of the stadium won't be visiting this forum, and won't be dropping by the pre-game party (though they're certainly welcome to). So it's up to us to lead by example.

Such lists have been made, and I'm sure they'll be made again and distributed on this forum and at the pre-game party.

But the thing is, those U10 teams and families and whoever else is making up the majority of the stadium won't be visiting this forum, and won't be dropping by the pre-game party (though they're certainly welcome to). So it's up to us to lead by example.

We were planning a song recording session last year.

Now we can do it since there is some time before the next game.

I'll set it up.

Archived