Bryce Alderson

Dub Narcotic

So, if I may recap for a moment:

1. Bryce Alderson has been evaluated on a daily basis by professional coaches whose jobs depend on their judgement being proven correct in match results.
  2. Bryce Alderson has earned a very good salary to train in a full-time professional environment for the past two years. That is on top of the 2-3 years of full-time, professional training that he received for free as a junior player in the Whitecaps' Residency program.
  3. Bryce Alderson was deemed to not be worthy of league minutes ahead of 3 of the best young midfielders in MLS by those same professional coaches.
  4. The professional coaches who made the judgement regarding the composition of the Whitecaps' midfield during the 2014 MLS season were vindicated by a playoff berth, even though they were given zero chance of achieving that 12 months ago.
  5. Nearly half of the Canadian U20 team that drew against England away yesterday were trained in the Whitecaps' system.
  6. Some internet geniuses, having seen Bryce Alderson play a handful of times in their lives have determined that he has been unfairly held back by the Whitecaps' organisation.
  7. The Vancouver Whitecaps hate Canada.

Thanks for coming out, everybody.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea that pretty much sums it up. I mean the TFC wankers have to shiet on Vancouver for something. I mean making the playoffs twice in 4 years is just nothing for a CLUB compared to flailing away and missing the playoffs for like ALWAYS.

And having Teibert rooted to the bench all game. Turned out well for them. 

Yeah I don't support any other Mls sides and I have to agree that the Caps fucking suck at developing Canadians.

Their academy is great... Which almost makes it worse because they hang on to some of the best Canadian kids until they are 20-22, refuse to give them 1st team minutes and then cut them loose.

I'd get it if they were actually good and had a legit chance to win a title but they an average team are filled with international journeymen for the most part.

And having Teibert rooted to the bench all game. Turned out well for them. 

Which game was that? 29 appearances, 22 starts for a career high 1971 minutes in 2014. You are obviously confused deeply.

By the way thanks for Laba. Great player and so young! He'll be helping us to make the playoffs for years to come.

Cheers

I seriously wonder where this board would be without the Whitecaps hate Canada discussion. I don't think that Whitecaps hate Canada applies in this situation because a) Alderson was being paid as a GA-type player and didn't deliver B) Alderson chose to not go to Charleston when it was in his best interest as a pro footballer c) Alderson was often injured and I don't think that it was the team's fault that he was injured. d) Perhaps that there is an elite player that the Whitecaps believe in and that he will be the next Academy product whether it's Bustos or McKendry and that the Whitecaps want to pay them accordingly and not give them minimum wage.

I do believe that sometimes the Whitecaps hate Canada moniker is real. But, please, don't use it when it's good to show your point. When Matt Stinson, Keith Makubuya and Emery Welshman got cut by TFC, we didn't say that TFC hated Canada, because they weren't good enough. Alderson sure was supposed to be the next great player, but even M. Lord Bob wasn't calling him like Canadian Soccer Moses or something to that level because he was supposed to be our best player on that U17 team. The standouts were Piette and Aleman, one who is injured atm and the other who is training with the reserve club.  It happens in pro soccer, look at England's U17 team we faced then. Aside from Raheem Sterling, and Nathan Redmond last year, none can be considered as Premier League regulars. I'm giving this as an example, but chill out people. Perhaps Alderson wasn't as good as we thought that he would become.

Are Whitecaps fans not used to be trolled? Or is this a new thing?

Alderson was dropped because:

a )he was not given a chance, once to play at MLS (he has proven himself at most other levels)

b )Injuries at the wrong time

c )Laba, Koffie and Morales are young. Teibert is also very young. Since Teibert is now a DM, they now have their Canadian project in that role, meaning Alderson wasn't about to get another chance.

Piraux fills the super young prospect role very well. It was in Alderson's best interests to get out of Vancouver, saying that, would have been nice if they tried to shop him around for a loan somewhere before now. Also, the Whitecaps hate Canada because in their last game after posting a very good record with Teibert in the side, they dropped Teibert for a returning Koffie. 

Yea that pretty much sums it up. I mean the TFC wankers have to shiet on Vancouver for something. I mean making the playoffs twice in 4 years is just nothing for a CLUB compared to flailing away and missing the playoffs for like ALWAYS.

Oh ya?! Well we lost in the semi finals of the CHAMPIONS League so HA!  We're better losers.

Also we have 4 Voyageurs Cups.. but Vancouver clearly hates Canada so much they don't ever want to win it.

Assuming Portland fucks up their season again.

Or assuming we get 13 out of 15 points to end the season again. So how did your season end? Did you get 13 out of 15 points at any point in the season? But hey thanks for Laba again. Sending us mini-Mascherano was real thoughtful of you. 

Cheers

Which game was that? 29 appearances, 22 starts for a career high 1971 minutes in 2014. You are obviously confused deeply.

By the way thanks for Laba. Great player and so young! He'll be helping us to make the playoffs for years to come.

Cheers

The playoff game van lost to dallas where teibert was on the bench after his career high in minutes....

The playoff game van lost to dallas where teibert was on the bench after his career high in minutes....

Oh so not the regular season games. Right. You are aware he is 3rd in the depth chart at the DM position? Gersh was back and ready and the coach wanted a more physical presence in the middle. Gersh was rusty and I said then that I'd have gone with Russ. Not a big deal. Coaches make adjustments based on a lot of things. Russ played very well at DM, much better than I thought he would, but he is still 3rd at that position. If the other 2 are healthy it is a good thing he can play LM/RM. 

In all sincerity thanks for Laba. Great player.

Cheers 

Oh so not the regular season games. Right. You are aware he is 3rd in the depth chart at the DM position? Gersh was back and ready and the coach wanted a more physical presence in the middle. Gersh was rusty and I said then that I'd have gone with Russ. Not a big deal. Coaches make adjustments based on a lot of things. Russ played very well at DM, much better than I thought he would, but he is still 3rd at that position. If the other 2 are healthy it is a good thing he can play LM/RM. 

In all sincerity thanks for Laba. Great player.

Cheers 

Constantly bringing up Laba? Someone's run out of insults. And Teibert doesn't play wing for Robbo. And saying cheers doesn't make you English. Be happy with who you are.

Constantly bringing up Laba? Someone's run out of insults. And Teibert doesn't play wing for Robbo. And saying cheers doesn't make you English. Be happy with who you are.

But I am not being facetious when I say "thanks for Laba". I am very seriously grateful. He was such a rock in the middle regardless of who he was partnered with or all alone. Truly outstanding. So it's not that I'm running out of insults but I'm just very grateful. Good luck in 2015 and here's hoping you finally make the playoffs. That would be fantastic for Canadian soccer to have all 3 MLS teams in the post season. 

I've always maintained that Russ is at his best at RM. He is versatile and that may be why he is still with the Caps and Bryce isn't? 

Cheers, eh  (is that better?). 

PS. Cheers is Auzzie, Kiwi, English, etc. I hear is a lot more from Auzzies than any other group.

But I am not being facetious when I say "thanks for Laba". I am very seriously grateful. He was such a rock in the middle regardless of who he was partnered with or all alone. Truly outstanding. So it's not that I'm running out of insults but I'm just very grateful. Good luck in 2015 and here's hoping you finally make the playoffs. That would be fantastic for Canadian soccer to have all 3 MLS teams in the post season. 

I've always maintained that Russ is at his best at RM. He is versatile and that may be why he is still with the Caps and Bryce isn't? 

Cheers, eh  (is that better?). 

PS. Cheers is Auzzie, Kiwi, English, etc. I hear is a lot more from Auzzies than any other group.

No problem, I'm just messing with you. I am interested to see Floro uses Teibert. I like him as a DM but I also think he's better on the wing. Plus we have a lot of midfield options already in the pipeline.

No problem, I'm just messing with you. I am interested to see Floro uses Teibert. I like him as a DM but I also think he's better on the wing. Plus we have a lot of midfield options already in the pipeline.

Same. I'm interested where they will line up as Panama is a strong side. Which ever side is weakest at RB/LB put Russ in front to pester and annoy the Panamanian players. His work rate is excellent. I'm also interested how his energizer bunny routine plays out in hot humid Panama. 

So many of these arguments are the same ones that were made about Phil Davies 3 years ago. He wasn't given a chance everybody said. Well where is Phil now? Part time starter in NASL. That is his level. Were the Whitecaps wrong in letting him go? As much as I love Phil and Bryce, you need to earn your chance, and they simply didn't.

Alderson is still young and may still develop into the player we want him to be, but the fact is that it wasn't going to happen in Vancouver. His release is the best thing for the player and gives him a better chance at future success. That is what we need to keep in mind.

There have been posts here stating that he refused a loan this year, where did that rumour come from exactly? I haven't been able to find any legit media source that has stated this?

It isn't a rumour...Bryce told me. I wouldn't use the word refused though. He went to Charleston last year, didn't like his time there, got injured, and this season his preference was not to go back but to stay in Vancouver and fight for a place in the team. I didn't work.

Bryce knew his chances would be limited here moving forward so he wanted to move on. He would not have been happy settling for USL Pro next year. Do you think the Whitecaps wanted to release a young, promising, player they have invested so much time in? He was on a generation Adidas deal, so it wasn't even costing them anything in terms of salary. They could have simply picked up the option, had him play USL Pro and see how things develop. But why would they do that if the player didn't want to be here?

This is best for the player.

Archived