12 year old Michael Thornton and the perception of TFC Academy

jpg75

If this kid ends up in Italy or Spain i'd say there's about a 1% chance (or less) that he plays for another country. If he goes to England i think that rises about 10 or 20 fold. There's also the chance he pulls a Hoilett and decides to focus on his club career because we suck and don't have a real coach.

The kid's twelve. In a decade when we're worrying about senior call-ups I'd say there's a good 40, 50% chance we've hired a coach by then!

The kid's twelve. In a decade when we're worrying about senior call-ups I'd say there's a good 40, 50% chance we've hired a coach by then!

I hear the CSA has their eyes on a very successful semi-pro coach who lets his players "express themselves" on the field.

I was going to say the same thing. If anything leave it alone, and let him be. I hope he does well, but it is very, very, early and the vast majority of these early childhood phenoms fade away.

I hope he does very well for himself, but even the best 12 year old in the world has a ton of things to learn about the game and the pathway to professionalism.

Archived