2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Roster Dance

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Matt Stinson and Kevin Cobby are on trial with the Caps this week.

Good on Vancouver, I can't see either one sticking though. Stinson should spend a year overseas or in NASL and maybe he can get a contract and play a big role on the Ottawa NASL team for next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^Right, here's the link.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2013/06/vwfc-trade-defender-rochat-dc-united

Personally, I'm happy about this, only because it ends the debate about him taking up a Canadian slot. He doesn't, he's gone. End of story. Doesn't matter what side of the debate you are on, there no longer is a debate, at least as it relates to THIS player.

except for the fact that it opens a new debate ie Gershon Koffie... Right now Teibert and Clarke are the only 2 players on the Caps roster with Canada listed as their nation, with a requirement for 3 on the roster that must mean Koffie has his residency and they're counting him now no?...

except for the fact that it opens a new debate ie Gershon Koffie... Right now Teibert and Clarke are the only 2 players on the Caps roster with Canada listed as their nation, with a requirement for 3 on the roster that must mean Koffie has his residency and they're counting him now no?...

3rd string keeper Simon Thomas is the 3rd Canadian.

Rochat got traded to DC United for a 2015 second round pick and a conditional 2016 pick.

The Caps hate Canadians! Even fake ones! :)

Seriously though that is a really low return for a player like Rochat. Unless there is something we don't know about like a conflict with Rennie and Rochat or something similar, the Caps must have something planned. The trade does not make any sense unless it is a salary dump because they have a better signing coming.

From what I know his contract was coming to an end this season. So the Whitecaps traded him for "something" at least. Otherwise he was free to walk away seasons end. Correct it does hurt in a way but Rochat wasn't cheap if I recall, I do wonder if the Whitecaps got some allocation money maybe as well. But I do hope Managment has something up their sleeves because with Rochat gone and if YP gets injured we're f....

The Caps hate Canadians! Even fake ones! :)

Seriously though that is a really low return for a player like Rochat. Unless there is something we don't know about like a conflict with Rennie and Rochat or something similar, the Caps must have something planned. The trade does not make any sense unless it is a salary dump because they have a better signing coming.

Even if this was a salary dump. It is a terrible trade. We could of easily dumped non everyday starters to relieve cap room. Cannon, Davidson, Harvey, Hertzog, Rusin. All guys I would of dumped before Rochat, and if you take any 2 of them you basically would of cleared the same amount you do by dumping Rochat.

Rochat was not making that much money and was earning every dime of it.

We trade a quality everyday fullback for nothing. I don't get it. Rennie is starting to look worse and worse, sadly.

Archived