2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Roster Dance

So how will he actually LIVE in Carolina? Probably can't move to Carolina on a PDL contract.....I guess he could camp somewhere over the summer. Unless Whitecaps PDL pro players get a living salary over the summer :)

I think Fisk does all right.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard this rumour and it seems odd to me that Carolina would burn their remaining 3 international spots to do this. I could understand if it was Charleston, but Carolina is fairly serious club looking to win NASL. If it comes to pass, it'll be interesting how much time they actually get. I guess any is better than the nil minutes they can expect at the Caps this season.

3 starters on the Canadian U20s and supposedly 3 of our top prospects. I'd HOPE an NASL side would take them on, otherwise we're in serious trouble. Hope this is true, would be a good move and may even open up the door to a Gold Cup call if they perform in NASL.

"The Vancouver Whitecaps are finalizing agreements with USL Pro club Charleston Battery that will send Canadians Bryce Alderson and Ben Fisk, as well as Ghanaian Emmanuel Adjetey, to South Carolina on loan for the season.

...and one more Whitecap could possibly go on loan — forward Caleb Clarke, a Richmond native and Canada U20 player."

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/03/21/whitecaps-set-for-loan-deals-with-charleston-battery/?postpost=v2#content

Aminu Abdallah puts the club at 30 players on the MLS roster, so I guess Aminu Abdallah will not be official until the other loan deals are confirmed. He has a lot of work to do supposedly Rennie said he wants him to gain 20 pounds. Here is hoping he is the next Koffie.

Read an article about him criticizing the racial abuse he received while trialing in Europe, especially while in Russia, maybe MLS can become the leader in the fight against racism in football.

Caps are way too thin at CB, imo after watching the reserves play today. I don't think Rusin's up to being in a top pairing even without his recent knock, and Leveron got completely beat on a flub vs FCE's Cox today. He'll be a decent deputy and may well be the best CB in coming seasons but I don't personally think (after admittedly only seeing him today) he's a replacement for Demerit this year. Clement looks like classic MLS roster fill (big, athletic, American college trained) and should for this season be only emergency cover at best. Is there room salary-wise for a lunchpailer MLS-veteran CB, I wonder? Two years earlier I would have said Adrian Cann fit this bill perfectly.

paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton

I saw Leveron pretty good against SFU last week, and given his pedigree I think he deserves a little time to get settled in. But still, paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton paul hamilton

I'm going to second the Paul Hamilton talk. Let's get a Canadian kid some minutes for once!

Let's start with a trial first :)

A D2 first 11 all star is nice on the resume and he will probably have some options and hopefully aim a level up from where he was. A lot depends on where he wants to try. Others have gone Danish and Scandinavian to check out Europe. Any idea where he is currently? Still in Edmonton?

I just noticed this on his wikipedia entry "During his college years Hamilton also played with the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency team in the USL Premier Development League, and trained with the senior Whitecaps side". Shows him with 10 appearences.

But I'm a -2 on Cann. I don't think he is a valid option at this point.

Hamilton...yeah maybe...it can be a tough sell going from a guy cut from the worst D2 team to starting on one of the hottest D1 teams.

Wouldn't be the first time that ever happened of course. Just depends on the coach and his system, and how he feels the player fits in! I would sure hope they'd be willing to give him a shot though...it would be amazing to see him land, even as a depth option!

One mans NASL all-star is another mans "guy cut from the worst D2 team"

Hey man don't get me wrong, I'm an aspiring Eddie, and Hamilton was my favorite player on the team. I was also crushed to see the release. I really hope coaches like Rennie DO see it that way, I'm just a little skeptical that they will.

madmonte - Hamilton...yeah maybe...it can be a tough sell going from a guy cut from the worst D2 team to starting on one of the hottest D1 teams.

jpg75 - One mans NASL all-star is another mans "guy cut from the worst D2 team"

Funny thing is you are both right. It does make me wonder. Does NASL pick a player from each team for their first 11 all stars? If so that would mean he could be the best of a bad lot. If not it could mean he is even better to get picked while on such a bad team.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Porter was also on that team and has shown real well at the MLS level so far. Here is hoping he gets a trial.

madmonte - Hamilton...yeah maybe...it can be a tough sell going from a guy cut from the worst D2 team to starting on one of the hottest D1 teams.

jpg75 - One mans NASL all-star is another mans "guy cut from the worst D2 team"

Funny thing is you are both right. It does make me wonder. Does NASL pick a player from each team for their first 11 all stars? If so that would mean he could be the best of a bad lot. If not it could mean he is even better to get picked while on such a bad team.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Porter was also on that team and has shown real well at the MLS level so far. Here is hoping he gets a trial.

NASL doesn't pick a player from each team. Being picked at his position, despite playing on the team with the worst record in the league, speaks volumes.

http://nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=3405

• 3 weeks later...
Paulo jr. has been waived by the Whitecaps. He was acquired through the MLS re-entry draft in December and made zero MLS appearances during his time in Vancouver.

“It was a tough decision,” Rennie said. “In that kind of position we’ve got a lot of what we feel are really talented young players and we just felt it might be difficult for him to get in the team.

“We wish him all the best. He’s a really nice guy and I think he’s a fantastic player. I think he’s dangerous and he’ll score goals wherever he ends up.”

- Hmmm. So we have a bunch of talented young players and Paulo couldn't beat them out for a spot. Hmmmm. He is 24 so the young players Rennie is talking about must be younger than that. I wonder who he could mean?

“It was a tough decision,” Rennie said. “In that kind of position we’ve got a lot of what we feel are really talented young players and we just felt it might be difficult for him to get in the team.

“We wish him all the best. He’s a really nice guy and I think he’s a fantastic player. I think he’s dangerous and he’ll score goals wherever he ends up.”

- Hmmm. So we have a bunch of talented young players and Paulo couldn't beat them out for a spot. Hmmmm. He is 24 so the young players Rennie is talking about must be younger than that. I wonder who he could mean?

Mattocks

Teibert

Hurtado

Manneh

Hertzog

Salgado

Hell even Camillo is only 24

Archived