2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Roster Dance

Point was MLS coaches at the time weren't giving Tiebert like players a chance, even of they were capable. I'm not trying to discuss USL vs MLS 10 years in the past.

Talented teenagers like Magee and Gaven were playing in MLS 10 years ago. Before that, it was Donovan and Beasley.

I'm not sure why you think it was somehow different then.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this. Young kids need to play regularly. If you can only put the players on the bench and play him 15 minutes every 2 games, it's not enough. You need to give them an opportunity to play the most gamens possible at the highest level, and if they're not ready to start in MLS, you need to give them every opportunity so that when they come back to Vancouver, they are better players than they were when they got loaned out and that their learning curve will be higher than to get some minutes here and there in MLS.

Did Caleb Clarke get more experience by playing in Germany with the Augsburg second team than by getting the Hertzog playing time? I think so.

Did Alderson get more experience in Charleston? I don't know because he got injured.

As for Adekugbe, I'll wait until next year when he will have a full camp with the first team. Then, we will be able to see that.

Talented teenagers like Magee and Gaven were playing in MLS 10 years ago. Before that, it was Donovan and Beasley.

I'm not sure why you think it was somehow different then.

Those are different. Not every prospect coming through has the potential of a Donovan or the physical tools of a Beasley. Yes, MLS always left room for young players who could immediately make an impact, but that's different than investing in someone and bringing them up to speed. It has never been a very developmental league.

Archived