NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy Bitihene is now with Ciliverghe, it's Serie D. Which correct me if I am wrong is 4th division?

If the two Lega Pro divisions have merged as was discussed (formerly C1 and C2) then Serie D should now be fourth tier.

Bitihene is a '97.

Roger Thompson is on the books of Trelleborg in Division 1 Södra although hasn't played a game this season

Nice to see him resurface. Third division in Sweden doesn't look too good but they are first in the league and looking to promote this year. 

Wow, everyone is dropping down a level it seems. Well if they are all starters it aint so bad.

I wonder if Benito has been pushing the players to seek better playing/starting situations. There has been a real push for that this Summer. Personally, I think it's terrific (playing at a lower level than sitting at a higher level).

Agreed. I wonder how much of this recent uptake of Canadian players going to lower divisions where they actually start (rather than higher divisions where they gather dust on the bench) has to do with Floro. On more than one occasion he has commented that some of our players are not starting and are not in top shape. I wonder if there is  extra incentive for players to recognize their abilities/potential and get their butts on a team where they will play regularly and perhaps get seen by better clubs AND be ready to represent their country rather than the alternative. I appreciate that other considerations like getting paid (because it is a job after all) plays into it but I wonder if some of them (Edgar, Hainault, DeGuzman, Straith et al.) have recognized they need to play first ahead of anything else. It means that the Canadian team now has fewer players with unattached fc and we have players in shape.

Of course, now that I have said this, our top GKs aren’t playing . .  bring on Thomas and Roberts! 

It doesn't help losing a handful or so of players that would be at the top end of the pool.

It's a lot of the same players though.

Jackson EPL > league one/unattached

Hainault MLS > 3.Liga Germany

Edgar Championship > league one

REB 2.Bundesliga > 3.Liga Germany

Ricketts Norway/Israel top flight > Turkey 2nd division

de Jong Bundesliga/2.Bundesliga > MLS

Nakajima Cyprus/MLS > Malaysia

de Guzman MLS/Greek top flight/2.Bundesliga > NASL

The only upward/lateral moves off the top of my head are

Henry MLS > EPL/Championship

Jakovic MLS > J.League (arguably lateral)

Hutchinson Eredivisie > Super Lig (arguably lateral)

It's a lot of the same players though.

Jackson EPL > league one/unattached

Hainault MLS > 3.Liga Germany

Edgar Championship > league one

REB 2.Bundesliga > 3.Liga Germany

Ricketts Norway/Israel top flight > Turkey 2nd division

de Jong Bundesliga/2.Bundesliga > MLS

Nakajima Cyprus/MLS > Malaysia

de Guzman MLS/Greek top flight/2.Bundesliga > NASL

The only upward/lateral moves off the top of my head are

Henry MLS > EPL/Championship

Jakovic MLS > J.League (arguably lateral)

Hutchinson Eredivisie > Super Lig (arguably lateral)

Uh, i meant Jono de Guzman, Begovic, Bunbury, Lavery, Ferreira etc.

Archived