NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with Edgar that he can't hold down a starting spot in the Championship? What is his major deficiency?

I'm sure there are other factors but one reason is that apparently Edgar wants to play in midfield while many/most managers see him at the back.  

Deportivo la Coruna B in actuality which means he drops down from the 3rd to the 4th tier. Nice to be on with a big club but would be nice to see him moving the other direction in level. 

I think being signed to Deportivo is a step up.  He's at a big club with more resources and better coaching, I think he'll develop faster there than most clubs and he'll have consistent time with Depor B hopefully.

I think being signed to Deportivo is a step up.  He's at a big club with more resources and better coaching, I think he'll develop faster there than most clubs and he'll have consistent time with Depor B hopefully.

And training with the first team will help him to improve and give him access to better coaching. A loan to a higher division may also be on the cards if he impresses. 

If he has signed with Depor B and is not loaned out then this a step backwards for him. I hope that's not the case and that he's back in 2A.

If you look at the spanish language tweets on it they all mention either "B" or Fabril (not sure the exact translation but implies the academy). The fact that they are associated with a La Liga team is blinding us and creating a positive spin for Canadians wishing he signed with the A team but in actuality he is moving down a level. 

Fisk: a surprise, but effectively we now have two of your young hopes with Deportivo. That is good. It could be perceived as a step down, as some of you think, but Coruxo was a very modest side with no real chance of every promoting. And no one paying attention to them, I honestly had never heard of them until the Fisk signing.

He could have gone up locally either to Deportivo and Celta in 1st division or Lugo in second, pretty well it. Because no one from beyond the region ever paid any attention to Coruxo players. Being a Depor player will give him way more profile and they'll be scouted more thoroughly by other sides.

For those thinking Floro has a hand in this, he may be it does not make perfect sense, Floro is from the Valencia region and coached in La Mancha and Madrid, he has never done anything up there in Galicia, and I would imagine there are 15 clubs from his region he'd have more sway over than Deportivo. So makes me wonder.

Ben has to score this year, last year he notched 3 in one game and one other. Not enough. 

They say here he will likely get minutes vs Sporting Gijon Thurs afternoon.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/torremarathon/cantera/2015/08/12/fabril-incorpora-delantero-canadiense-ben-fisk-procede-coruxo/0003_201508G12P36992.htm

Deportivo will be seeking to keep the first team in 1st division and promote the B team, they really need to get them up to a higher level so they can have more solid back-ups for the first team. So that means Ben will be playing for a competitive squad. And yes, he is likely to get some training time with the first team.

Archived