NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luca Gasparotto has been loaned to Greenock Morton (newly promoted to Scottish Championship) until January. Hopefully he can display the same form that he had at Airdrieonians last year that made him Young Player of the Year.

Excited to be joining @Morton_FC on loan until January! Looking forward to the first game tomorrow 

They were just promoted so he will likely play lots of games. Also it is a 25 min drive away from home so he may still play U20 For Rangers.

Marco South is listed to be at AC Este (Italian Serie D) (4) since 2010. I doubt that he is still there. Can anyone confirm? www.transfermarkt.de/marco-south/profil/spieler/159500 . At least, haven't heard anything about him in forever.

Adam Appugliesi is no longer with Magna Azzuri. He is a free agent and will sign with a new club soon: https://twitter.com/AdamAppz/status/629730331998978049

Joseph di Chiara is no longer with his club in Kazachstan www.transfermarkt.de/joseph-di-chiara/profil/spieler/181116

According to Transfermarkt Fabio Possagno is no longer with Dainava www.transfermarkt.de/fabio-possagno/profil/spieler/260290

Should we start tracking him? PARIS NAKAJIMA-FARRAN www.transfermarkt.de/paris-nakajima-farran/profil/spieler/62393

Can anyone confirm if this is still true ? Matthew Groves - Gudja United (Maltese First Division) (2)

Paco Deckers is not listed in the squad on the website, I'd imagine he is no longer there.

Piette's loan to Racing Club Ferrol confirmed by the club on Twitter. 

El centrocampista @samuelpiette nuevo jugador del Racing llega cedido por el @RCDeportivo Bienvenido!!!

Well that's unfortunate. At some point he needs to make the step up. He's still young but he's been at this stage of his career now for the last few years. 

- Fernando Aguiar has retired

- Daniel Marinho is still there, but he is like 4th keeper, so he will play likely for the B team in the Campeanato Nacional de Senioires (Portuguese Third Division)

- There is also Stephen Estaquio (brother of the Fury player Mauro), who plays for Torreense in the Campeanato Nacional de Senioires (Portuguese Third Division)

Troy P-Morgan is still in NZ, but recovering from Knee surgery

Well that's unfortunate. At some point he needs to make the step up. He's still young but he's been at this stage of his career now for the last few years.

This is a step up, he'll be playing in the third tier at a level approx. that of NASL instead of toiling in the fourth tier where the play has been described as PDL. Barring him making the jump to the first team - which would require him morphing from a grunt to the second coming of Diego Simeone - i just don't see how this is a bad move.

According to Transfermarkt Fabio Possagno is no longer with Dainava www.transfermarkt.de/fabio-possagno/profil/spieler/260290

Should we start tracking him? PARIS NAKAJIMA-FARRAN www.transfermarkt.de/paris-nakajima-farran/profil/spieler/62393

Can anyone confirm if this is still true ? Matthew Groves - Gudja United (Maltese First Division) (2)

Paco Deckers is not listed in the squad on the website, I'd imagine he is no longer there.

Paris retired last year and last I heard was an assistant coach or maybe academy coach at a J-League club (this I got from his father in fact), he announced his retirement officially last November, here: http://parisnf.blogspot.jp/2014/11/and-there-it-is.html

This is a step up, he'll be playing in the third tier at a level approx. that of NASL instead of toiling in the fourth tier where the play has been described as PDL. Barring him making the jump to the first team - which would require him morphing from a grunt to the second coming of Diego Simeone - i just don't see how this is a bad move.

Depor loaned out a few players they liked from their 3rd div side after not promoting, so totally agree, a very good move. The step up from 3rd to 2B in Spain is pretty big (physically especially, plus speed, technical, experience), and Racing Ferrol aspires to promote as well, playing in a fairly large stadium that could handle them in 2A.

BTW, not sure if it was said: Piette's new contract with Deportivo is two years, until 2017. 

Marco South is listed to be at AC Este (Italian Serie D) (4) since 2010. I doubt that he is still there. Can anyone confirm? www.transfermarkt.de/marco-south/profil/spieler/159500 . At least, haven't heard anything about him in forever.

Adam Appugliesi is no longer with Magna Azzuri. He is a free agent and will sign with a new club soon: https://twitter.com/AdamAppz/status/629730331998978049

Joseph di Chiara is no longer with his club in Kazachstan www.transfermarkt.de/joseph-di-chiara/profil/spieler/181116

Confirmation about di Chiara from this article. Not much details, just says he left the club in July.

http://vesti.kz/kazfutbol/206670/

As for him not taking an MLS deal, I don't recall him ever getting offered one. He did have some poor things to say about the league in an interview though which were not particularly intelligent to say at the time let alone now after all that has happened to him career wise. And when Gyorio turned down Kansas City that was at a time that MLS was still offering salaries that were below almost being able to support yourself and I seem to recall the extremely low salary was why he turned down the offer. It is possible had he accepted the offer he might have been able to turn that into a better career than he has had so far but he might have also sat on the bench all season making peanuts. It is really hard to criticize someone for turning down an unfair wage. Thankfully the minimum salary has risen to a respectable level now.

Confirmation about di Chiara from this article. Not much details, just says he left the club in July.

As for him not taking an MLS deal, I don't recall him ever getting offered one. He did have some poor things to say about the league in an interview though which were not particularly intelligent to say at the time let alone now after all that has happened to him career wise. And when Gyorio turned down Kansas City that was at a time that MLS was still offering salaries that were below almost being able to support yourself and I seem to recall the extremely low salary was why he turned down the offer. It is possible had he accepted the offer he might have been able to turn that into a better career than he has had so far but he might have also sat on the bench all season making peanuts. It is really hard to criticize someone for turning down an unfair wage. Thankfully the minimum salary has risen to a respectable level now.

This is my recollection too.

I don't recall him offered one either, but I do remember some vague link with MLS. Was this around the time Stephen Hart insinuated a few of our players were being looked at and subsequently passed on due to their passport?

I don't recall him offered one either, but I do remember some vague link with MLS. Was this around the time Stephen Hart insinuated a few of our players were being looked at and subsequently passed on due to their passport?

There was one thing. He dissed Canada saying that Canada is not Italy belittling national team duty and also said that MLS was amateur. That was the only link.

It was $33-40k, hardly penury, and it was his biggest chance for a break as a pro as we know now. Disastrous decision, both then, and in hindsight.

Archived