FC Edmonton signing 5 homegrown

madmonte

I'll borrow someone else's guess from a diff forum board.

"Sadi is confirmed… and there are four reservists who are part of the first team training camp: Chris, Mallan, Ajeej and Hanson. Allan is also a good bet."

Sounds right to me, but the press conf just started...so won't have to wait long to find out.

FCEdmonton‏@FCEdmontonNow

And the 4 players are @sadijalali @MallanRoberts @Sarkaria7 @HansonBoakai & Chris DeGuise from #FCEReserves to sign their 1st pro contract!

A big congrats is in order to all. Well done. Here is hoping you all have long and very prosperous careers in soccer. Just remember, never look too hard for a reason to practice more!

A U17 player with a pro contract is really impressive. Has that happened before for us? I've heard good things about Hanson and Roberts. Thought Jalali was decent with the U17s, didn't blow my mind though.

Also, what's up with Zebie? If he's on the U20s I'd expect him to earn a deal too

Cool thing about Roberts is he JUST officially became Canadian last month, granted full citizenship. You can't teach size.

Edit: I'd talk more about his potential, but I was just now searching for his height and weight and came across a good article that does it for me.

http://the11.ca/2013/02/08/fces-mallan-roberts-the-top-cb-prospect-in-canada-is-set-to-become-canadian/

Have a read! (And I was wrong about citizenship I guess? Was going off a somewhat remembered tweet by FCEdmonton? But resident anyways)

" he played quarterback, wide receiver and safety" - Passed it, ran out and caught it then tackled himself :) I kid.

I am very glad he chose soccer. “I’ll be happy if the opportunity comes to play for the national team, at any level. I’d like to go as far as I can in soccer.” Sierra Leone's loss is our gain. Cap him soon. If half the stuff written about him is true he is a great catch.

FCEdmonton‏@FCEdmontonNow

And the 4 players are @sadijalali @MallanRoberts @Sarkaria7 @HansonBoakai & Chris DeGuise from #FCEReserves to sign their 1st pro contract!

Punjabi :D

lulz, his awkward nature reminds me of myself when I was his age, which isn't too long ago. Hopefully he becomes the Punjabi Gretzky for Edmonton...except for soccer. ;)

Archived