Canadians abroad: December 7-13, 2012

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for December 7-13, 2012.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Borjan played 90 again as Sivaspor lost 3-1 to Galatasaray. First goal was really terrible, he seems to be playing poorly recently. Not sure how long Borjan will continue to start if he keeps letting in at least one weak goal per game.

We all love Milan to death, but I gotta agree with Grizz on this one. The first goal was atrocious, the second was bad, and the third probably okay to give up, but not sure why he didn't jump in the other direction (would have covered way more net).

If I were the manager at Sivaspor, a new goalie might be on my January transfer window wish list... :/

We all love Milan to death, but I gotta agree with Grizz on this one. The first goal was atrocious, the second was bad, and the third probably okay to give up, but not sure why he didn't jump in the other direction (would have covered way more net).

If I were the manager at Sivaspor, a new goalie might be on my January transfer window wish list... :/

I think the only thing that might allow him to get a few more looks is IIRC the last poor outing his team had, they missed several good scoring chances and two of the goals he let in were brutal turnovers right in front of goal. This game Sivasspor definitely could have been up 2-1 and IIRC the third goal was another cheap turnover. Point being, yes Milan is letting in weak ones, but he is not the lone goat in the team losing out on points.

Kevin Mckenna went 90 in Koln's tie with Eintracht Braunschweig. REB came in as a winger in the 76th minute.. a goal was scored to tie the game in stoppage time for Braunschweig, not sure if he was a part of it.

He wasn't, the goal came after a corner kick. I was already ready to become somewhat miffed, after Eintracht missed a pk in the 79th minute, and Cologne than took the lead in the 88th minute. But the late goal and awesome goal celebration were kinda worth it. Oh, and Kumbela with a great goal in the first half.

REB wasn't involved in any noteworthy scenes, I think, but I am happy for him to get in earlier than usual.

Archived