RIP Billy.....

SR

I feel Old now as I remember that 1987 u20 world cup. Domazetis was supposed to be our next star. And we had very good world cup. Tieing nigeria and Italy, and I believe losing closely to brazil. We were in a tough group. I was so happy then to find out billy was coming to the steelers in their first season. But then he never fully developed and his teammate on that cdn side Dominic mobilio surpassed him who also died very young.

Sad news. He was never the CSL scoring champ, but an all-CSL selection in the first year and top-five in scoring twice. His totals in 1990 were close to Pesch and Bunbury. He was a really good player and I always enjoyed watching Hamilton with he, Jerry Adzic and Bunbury and then later with Justin Fashanu.

Pesch, Bunbury and Mobilio ended up being national team regulars (in an era where Catliff and Mitchell were still around and Radzinski and Berdusco were coming up), but Domazetis was very close to being in that level.

An under-appreciated player IMO and at 44, gone far, far too soon.

RIP.

Billy Domazetis was loaned to the Winnipeg Fury (CSL) in 1988 and played prominently in the Fury's playoff run firstly against Calgary and later against the 86ers. I was very fortunate to see a few matches with Billy as an awesome striker with a knack for the goal.

This is sad news. Our sincerest condolences to his family and friends. RIP, Billy....

Archived