Canada vs Denmark - January 26, 2013 - PRE-match

forster01

If that little **** doesn't know how to practice WITHOUT injuring teammates....

Based on what was in the newspaper article Colin Miller told the players to get stuck in during training. How else are you going to get a bunch of guys who have never played as a team together ready to play a full international with only a few days to prepare without running things at a high tempo? Injuries happen sometimes. It's a contact sport. Think the fact that Dunfield has been made captain suggests that the people looking at it from a professional soccer rather than a journalistic sort of standpoint didn't see anything hugely over the top about it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're an idiot.

No I'm just the type who thinks injuring your teammates in a practice is douchebag territory. Once as an accident is bad enough but twice? If the coaches are encouraging this it shows how little they know. Good luck getting players released by their clubs in the future. Dufield has always been a high intensity but low skill player. Called to camp at all is questionable, but captain? After injuring 2 teammates? WTF?

If that is how Miller runs things I've lost all respect for the man. He can't be gone from MNT soon enough if that is the case.

Welcome to the CMNT where talent is secondary. We'll never get anywhere with old never was beens injuring our younger stars. Brilliant, just brilliant.

No I'm just the type who thinks injuring your teammates in a practice is douchebag territory. Once as an accident is bad enough but twice? If the coaches are encouraging this it shows how little they know. Good luck getting players released by their clubs in the future. Dufield has always been a high intensity but low skill player. Called to camp at all is questionable, but captain? After injuring 2 teammates? WTF?

If that is how Miller runs things I've lost all respect for the man. He can't be gone from MNT soon enough if that is the case.

Welcome to the CMNT where talent is secondary. We'll never get anywhere with old never was beens injuring our younger stars. Brilliant, just brilliant.

What inside information are you basing this rant on? You seem to have taken an incident and made massive assumptions and silly conclusions based on next to no confirmed facts.

So then is today's game even an official friendly, will the caps count to the Canadian players alltime total? I am curious what is the point of an unofficial national team, friendlies do not cap tie players anyways, so does not it matter if you call in your top side, a squad made up of domestic league types or youngsters?

I dont know about how the Canadian FA will handle this game, but the caps do not count to the Danish players alltime total... most countries do not have an actual unofficial NT like Denmark, so their "league NT" frindlies do count as official games and their players are capped... this is just not the case for Danish players....

Dufield has always been a high intensity but low skill player. Welcome to the CMNT where talent is secondary. We'll never get anywhere with old never was beens injuring our younger stars
Considering he's probably the only one in the lineup who got anywhere near the Premiership (one game IIRC), I find never-has-been a little harsh. And considering a knee injury basically later derailed his career one would think he would be cognizant of injuring a teammate or even himself for that matter.

He can't be gone from MNT soon enough if that is the case.
Wow, fire the coach before the game is even played, that's a new record. I don't even think the CSA "Legion of Doom" have topped that.

Anyone have a link to the Sportsnet feed for those of us living in the U.S.?

From Twitter Canada Soccer @CanadaSoccerEN

Big reminder: match coverage begins at 14.30 ET on Sportsnet.ca. Match is on Kick TV in US, *alternative sources* around the globe. #canMNT

From Twitter Canada Soccer @CanadaSoccerEN

Big reminder: match coverage begins at 14.30 ET on Sportsnet.ca. Match is on Kick TV in US, *alternative sources* around the globe. #canMNT

Yeah, knew about the Kick TV option ... was hoping to watch with Gerry and Craig commentating, but no biggie I suppose.

I am using Firefox ... what's the workaround?

Try following these instructions:

http://ohryan.ca/2009/08/15/how-to-watch-comedy-central-videos-from-canada/

but instead of using 12.13.14.15 as the IP address, try using a Canadian IP. Maybe try 204.101.196.48

I am hoping this will work, since Sportsnet will not work for me when I use this script to view some American sites.

Archived