Canada vs Denmark - January 26, 2013 - PRE-match

forster01

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were sales for Phoenix from YYZ back in September. I see nothing good now. Tucson will be more expensive to get to because you have to connect in Phoenix or another US city.

EDIT:

The lowest I see from Toronto YYZ right now is $455

The lowest I see from Buffalo is $397

Decent prices but not a bargain...

EDIT 2:

I see $201 from Seattle. Lord Bob, book now! Vancouverites if you carpool to Seattle and hop on the same flight this is a great deal.

woooo..$200 sounds so nice. VanCity-ers do us right and get er going.

woooo..$200 sounds so nice. VanCity-ers do us right and get er going.

It's pretty sweet because if you only work weekdays you can take a half-day on Friday Jan 25th and come back on Sunday (if the game is actually Sat) with prices below $205US if you return Sunday evening.

Found it with United Airlines.

EDIT: Price is Taxes and Fees included.

EDIT 2:

I see $201 from Seattle. Lord Bob, book now! Vancouverites if you carpool to Seattle and hop on the same flight this is a great deal.

I actually already booked from YVR (I don't drive so getting to/from Seattle is awful, especially since I'm leaving after work on Friday) but that is an excellent deal for anyone else!

EDIT: for the curious, I'm going AC558 to Los Angeles, AC4298 to Tucson on Friday night arriving around midnight Saturday, then US Airways 2779 to Phoenix and 504 home on Sunday evening. Total cost about $500 plus, more importantly, zero vacation days.

Yup, for sure. He is still relatively young and he puts up good numbers in NASL. Same with Saiko. At times, I find myself biased against NASL guys (I like to think we are passed the "Adam Braz" days of calling in multiple players at that level) but the reality is we need more depth and truth be told fans would be clamoring to bring in these players if they were putting up the same numbers in England League 2 or the Finnish top flight. So considering they are both 22 and 23 offensive players putting up good numbers I think this should be our chance to see what they can do.

Actually Porter's numbers were not very impressive this year. 5 goals, 0 assists in 24 matches with 1790 minutes. If he gets called it is for lack of alternatives not his play this year. Saiko is more impressive with 7 goals, 6 assists in 22 matches with 1813 minutes as a midfielder. If I were selecting I would call Saiko and Hamilton from FCE.

Actually Porter's numbers were not very impressive this year. 5 goals, 0 assists in 24 matches with 1790 minutes. If he gets called it is for lack of alternatives not his play this year. Saiko is more impressive with 7 goals, 6 assists in 22 matches with 1813 minutes. If I were selecting I would call Saiko and Hamilton from FCE.

I agree with Grizzly. In addition, given how **** our right backs can be I'd call Antonio Rago before I started going down the Bourgault road or stuffing random guys into the position.

Is this game even open to the public?

They may not sell tickets if there are like 10 people interested in going but it should be open.

Major PR disaster for the CSA if it isn't. Fans spending $500+ and stuck outside the stadium?

This would become major news on all the blogs/sites that regularly talk about CanMNT.

They would be forced to respond & compensate if that occurred.

This wouldn't just be a "Lord Bob" rant. It would be a major fail.

Obviously the CSA says next to nothing so: Google Translate!

http://www.dbu.dk/Nyheder/2012/November/Ligalandsholdet_moder_canada.aspx

League national team meets Mexico and now Canada to workout to Arizona in January. Negotiations for a third fight troupe U21 players.

Photo: www.fodboldbilleder.dk

DBU included in the previous week on a training camp for the league national team - the squad of current and potential A-national team players from primarily Super League - in Arizona in January 2013.

Now DBU's agent also had agreements with the Canadian Football Federation in place, adding some workout in addition to the essential, daily exercises to include the two matches of League national team against Canada and Mexico.

The fight against Canada will be played at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson on Saturday 26 January at 13.00 local time, which because of the time difference is at 21.00 Danish time. The fight against Mexico will be played on Wednesday 30 January at 20.00 local time, which is at 04 o'clock at night Danish time on Thursday, 31 January, at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, a suburb of the metropolis Phoenix, 150 km north of Tucson also in Arizona.

"We will be matched optimally with especially the fight against Mexico. They will probably come up with some A-national team players from their domestic league, so it is also a big mouthful for us, and I know that was the league national team in 1997, "explains Morten Olsen, and elaborates:

"In the fight against Canada, I expect that we will be able to be more game-governing, and it will give us more in the long run, when we think of the purpose of the training tours for the domestic players."

Training The stay is expected to be carried out between 22 and 31 January with the second match placed

Third match against Canada

It will be the third time, DBU ask a senior national team for match against Canada.

The first time was in an official A-match 12th April 1989 in Aalborg Stadium, where Sepp Piontek asked with a squad of players from primarily domestic clubs, nine of them only three years later won the European Championship under the leadership of Richard Møller Nielsen.

Denmark won the match 2-0 on a goal by Lars Elstrup and an own goal by the Canadian central defender Ian Bridge.

In 1995 met League national team Canada in the covered SkyDome in Toronto with Henrik Larsen as the only repeat from A-international match some six years earlier. The former Brondby player Bo Hansen scored the match's only goal.

Extra game at workout

Due to the tightening of the economy also winter training trips for League national team and Under-21 national team, too, is this winter a separate workout for the latter squad.

In return, coach Morten Olsen besides the most obvious players to a league squad in cooperation with the Under-21 national team coach Morten Wieghorst take a group of players who are playing eligible for Under-21 national team.

Thus, there will be a joint training session for a squad of up to 30 players, and therefore works DBU currently in third match at workout for special troupe's Under-21 players.

The combined league national team and Under-21 squad will be taken at a press conference either Monday 10 or Wednesday 12 December.

Sixth time in the U.S., the second time in Arizona

It will be the sixth time, DBU implement a workout for the league national team to the United States and the second time, training camp determined to Arizona.

31st January 1993 played a league team consisting of a large number of A-internationals official A match against the USA in another suburb of Phoenix, Tempe, as part of the workout, which included a match against El Salvador in Los Angeles.

The recent visit to the U.S. is back to Los Angeles in 2007, where the squad continued training trip with matches in El Salvador and Honduras. In 2004, trained and played team also in Los Angeles, in 1997 in both Los Angeles and San Diego and the first time in 1986, also in Los Angeles. During training trip in 1997 met League national team just Mexico, who won the match 2-1.

League team's activities included in country coach's overall work with A-national team, and is subject to the Cooperation Agreement between DBU and Divionsforeningen.

DBU regard League team's activities as an investment in the development of the players for the benefit of the players, their clubs and A-national team.

News League national team 2013

League national team to the U.S.

All about League national team

Read about the objectives of the League national team, previously workouts and more:

IMO the purpose of this camp should rebuilding. It would be easier if a permanent coach was already in place, but I think this camp should be used to cast the net wide and get a look at some players who’ve been off the radar for a while. With that in mind it would be cool if at least another game could be arranged, even if it's against a local side, just to give some new faces a chance to show their stuff.

Players that I would like to see getting a look, not including any of the U20 guys and not including players who must be released by clubs playing games at that time:

GK: Lars, Smits, Chencinski

DEF: Nana, Henry, Morgan, Ouimette, Jakovic, Hainault, Hamilton, Harmse, Trafford, Edwards

MID: Tiebert, Johnson, Dunfield, Bernier, Davies, Saiko, Stinson, Davies, Gage, JBB, Finlay

FW: Ricketts, Porter, Jonke, O’Neil, Sodade

Other priority young players to get a look at (and perhaps cap) if possible: Kajgo, Di Chiara, Pisanjuk, Stillo, Kras, Santiago, Cebara, Fresenga

I would put an especially high priority on Pisanjuk and Cabara as they are young, playing and apparently scoring a goal or two and have options. It would be nice to see REB and Cava in camp, but I think that'll be unlikely.

I think the true "rebuilding" should come post-Gold Cup. We should focus on some younger players but not forget the veterans (as your post implies). After the Gold Cup we move into slowly rebuilding-for-2015 mode.

Why? The only veterans we should include are those young enough to be around for the next WCQ unless we think there are one or two who can teach the young players something. It is possible we might find it necessary to include a few other veterans to make sure the team is not so weak that it is bound to lose especially on a non-FIFA date. Giving youth experience does have to be balanced with not throwing them in the deep end too early and having them play on a team that always loses. However, the only goal of the program should be getting prepared for the next WCQ. The only reason to play a veteran who will not be around for that is if he can somehow do something that will help our players who will be around. Rebuilding for 2015 should have already started.

I actually already booked from YVR (I don't drive so getting to/from Seattle is awful, especially since I'm leaving after work on Friday) but that is an excellent deal for anyone else!

EDIT: for the curious, I'm going AC558 to Los Angeles, AC4298 to Tucson on Friday night arriving around midnight Saturday, then US Airways 2779 to Phoenix and 504 home on Sunday evening. Total cost about $500 plus, more importantly, zero vacation days.

Really tempting LB, also Arizona in January sounds alot better than Vancouver Island in January. I am tempted...

Why? The only veterans we should include are those young enough to be around for the next WCQ unless we think there are one or two who can teach the young players something.

Respectfully disagree. The Gold Cup is important. Not WCQ important obviously. But still important. Starting with the August 2013 FIFA date, we have 2 years to prepare the Next Generation for WCQs. Now we should be 75% focused on the Gold Cup and 25% focused on rebuilding (hence including a few more young players). Once August rolls around, we should THEN be 100% focused on 2015.

I think there are certain tiers of players in our national team, the best ones stick around regardless of age, some might have a shot and then others who will lose their spots to youngsters in the upcoming teams.

Best players (shouldn't be in danger of being dropped): De Rosario, De Guzman, Hirschfeld, Hutchinson, Simpson, Occean

I think most would agree that these players need to stick around for us to remain competitive, no point in swapping all old players for kids and being blown out each game. In the case of Hirschfeld we don't have many options if we're calling 3 keepers. Hutchinson and Simpson are obviously sticking around for a while. Occean seems to still be on the up so can't really count him out.

I wouldn't mind a guy like Dunfield for example being dropped for a youngster like Piette for the 2013 Gold Cup. I think they should just try to mix in that younger generation into lower roles at first, coming off the bench.

This Denmark friendly will be valuable because it will give us an idea of who those youngsters could be...

Bekker, Welshman, Attakora, Henry, Saiko, Hamilton, Piette, Teibert, Stinson, Morgan , Stillo, Cavallini, Fresenga should all be considered for this friendly. Obviously all can't make this squad but they are options.

I think there are certain tiers of players in our national team, the best ones stick around regardless of age, some might have a shot and then others who will lose their spots to youngsters in the upcoming teams.

Best players (shouldn't be in danger of being dropped): De Rosario, De Guzman, Hirschfeld, Hutchinson, Simpson, Occean

I think most would agree that these players need to stick around for us to remain competitive, no point in swapping all old players for kids and being blown out each game. In the case of Hirschfeld we don't have many options if we're calling 3 keepers. Hutchinson and Simpson are obviously sticking around for a while. Occean seems to still be on the up so can't really count him out.

I wouldn't mind a guy like Dunfield for example being dropped for a youngster like Piette for the 2013 Gold Cup. I think they should just try to mix in that younger generation into lower roles at first, coming off the bench.

This Denmark friendly will be valuable because it will give us an idea of who those youngsters could be...

Bekker, Welshman, Attakora, Henry, Saiko, Hamilton, Piette, Teibert, Stinson, Morgan , Stillo, Cavallini, Fresenga should all be considered for this friendly. Obviously all can't make this squad but they are options.

I agree, we need vets around to avoid getting stomped and demoralizing the players. A few leaders and players who play at a high level will raise the level of the younger players and help to get them up to speed in the team.

Archived