Canada vs Denmark - January 26, 2013 - PRE-match

forster01

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good, now that is what I am talking about.

Would have liked to see a Latin American opponent but I am not unhappy to play a team of that quality (even though it will be a "B" friendly).

Edit:

Looks like Denmark are in Arizona to play Mexico on the 30th. I guess the CSA was opportunistic and booked them as well.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/friendly-mexico-vs-denmark-01-30-2013.1977689/

Since its U-21 and players from the danish league, this really needs to be a whole NEW generation of players, with exception of the some

Milan Borjan

David Monsalve

Ashtone Morgan

Doneil Henry

André Hainault

Russel Teibert

Dejan Jaković

David Edgar

Andrés Fresenga

Nikolas Ledgerwood

Julian de Guzman

Will Johnson

Atiba Hutchinson

Samuel Piette

Keven Aleman

Matt Stinson

Randy Edwini-Bonsu

Tosaint Ricketts

Simeon Jackson

Marcus Haber

Lucas Cavallini

I'd replace JDG with DiChiara who now plays in Hungary. We know what JDG brings to the table, but havent seen DiChiara at the senior level. GK is a tough fill for this match. A couple who I'd be interested in seeing Michal Misiewicz and Simon Thomas are currently without club, maybe Genoa would be willing to release Robert Stillo for the match as I don't think Sivasspor would be willing to let Milan go for a non-FIFA friendly. Other than that I like the look of what you suggest Jahinho.

I'd replace JDG with DiChiara

Geeze, totally forgot about him! I agree 100%.

This friendly should serve the purpose of those who needs to prove themselves in order to make the gold cup team.

my biggest fear is that old players who have been out (issey, for an example) will be called to this

Since its U-21 and players from the danish league, this really needs to be a whole NEW generation of players, with exception of the some

Milan Borjan

David Monsalve

Ashtone Morgan

Doneil Henry

André Hainault

Russel Teibert

Dejan Jaković

David Edgar

Andrés Fresenga

Nikolas Ledgerwood

Julian de Guzman

Will Johnson

Atiba Hutchinson

Samuel Piette

Keven Aleman

Matt Stinson

Randy Edwini-Bonsu

Tosaint Ricketts

Simeon Jackson

Marcus Haber

Lucas Cavallini

Jackson, Edgar, Hutchinson, REB and Haber may all be unavailable because this is not a FIFA date, but I like the other choices otherwise.

This is what I would like to see (considering Euro based players who will not be available):

Lars

Stama

Roberts

Morgan

Tiebert

Henry

Jakovic

Hainualt

Ledgerwood

Fresenga

Johnson

Piette

Aleman

Alderson

Saiko

DeRosario

deGuzman

Ricketts

Cavallini

Clarke

Porter

^My good friend Porter i would add for sure

Yup, for sure. He is still relatively young and he puts up good numbers in NASL. Same with Saiko. At times, I find myself biased against NASL guys (I like to think we are passed the "Adam Braz" days of calling in multiple players at that level) but the reality is we need more depth and truth be told fans would be clamoring to bring in these players if they were putting up the same numbers in England League 2 or the Finnish top flight. So considering they are both 22 and 23 offensive players putting up good numbers I think this should be our chance to see what they can do.

This is what I would like to see (considering Euro based players who will not be available):

Lars

Stama

Roberts

Morgan

Tiebert

Henry

Jakovic

Hainualt

Ledgerwood

Fresenga

Johnson

Piette

Aleman

Alderson

Saiko

DeRosario

deGuzman

Ricketts

Cavallini

Clarke

Porter

I like this but would like to see Hamilton from FC Edmonton get the call as well.

I like this but would like to see Hamilton from FC Edmonton get the call as well.

I debated slotting him in there and would not be unhappy for him to get a call (wasn't he named to the NASL best 11 this year?). My only knock against him is that he is already 24, and I would prefer to see those minutes go to a player like Henry. To be fair though, defenders have a longer life span, so perhaps we could bring him in at the expense of Hainualt or Jakovic who are known quantities to us.

I admit I have seen very very little of him, he is a CB but can anyone give more of an analysis? Is he more akin to Hainualt (rugged with average ball skill and passing) or is he more akin to Jakovic (good passer, okay physicality)?

Hell ya. Massive props to the CSA for lining this one up..keep it up.

I'd be very interested in going. for all those in southern ontario or close to any boarder for that matter, keep an eye our for discount airfairs from near by usa cities (buffalo always has cheaper domestic flights)

There were sales for Phoenix from YYZ back in September. I see nothing good now. Tucson will be more expensive to get to because you have to connect in Phoenix or another US city.

EDIT:

The lowest I see from Toronto YYZ right now is $455

The lowest I see from Buffalo is $397

Decent prices but not a bargain...

EDIT 2:

I see $201 from Seattle. Lord Bob, book now! Vancouverites if you carpool to Seattle and hop on the same flight this is a great deal.

Archived