Under 17 Camp

Keegan

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m17-heads-to-usa-panama-for-november-camp-p152598

Canada m17 heads to USA, Panama for November camp

Posted on 13 November 2012 in Men's U-17 Team

Canada's men's U-17 team will gather for a 10-day camp next week in USA and Panama, with three international friendly matches to be played over the course of the national youth project. Coach Sean Fleming has selected 22 players for the camp which runs 15-26 November.

The camp will start in southern USA with a Men's U-17 International Friendly match on 18 November against host USA. The Canadian team then travels to Panama on 21 November before playing Panama on 23 and 25 November.

Coach Fleming's roster features goalkeepers Marco Carducci and Daniel Milton, defenders Alex Comsia, Mathieu Laurent, Elias Roubos, Kevon Black, Ian Fernandes, Aron Mkungilwa and Samuel Vinson, and midfielders/forwards Hanson Boakai, Marco Bustos, Mikaël Cantave, Marco-Leonel Dominguez, Kianz Gonzales-Froese, Jordan Hamilton, Jordan Haynes, El Mehdi Ibn Brahim, Malik Johnson, Kalifala Konneh, Raheem Parkes, Derick Sequeira and Justin White.

Of note in the Canadian camp, five players are making their national youth team debut: Johnson, Konneh, Laurent, Parkes and White. Of the 22 players called into camp, only 20 will head to Panama on 21 November.

This marks coach Sean Fleming's third project of the 2012 season. The team is preparing for next year's CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship which runs 06-19 April 2013. Four CONCACAF teams will qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013 which runs 17 October to 08 November.

CANADA

GK- Marco Carducci | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

GK- Daniel Milton | CAN / Ajax Thunder

CB- Alex Comsia | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

CB- Mathieu Laurent | CAN / Mississauga

CB- Elias Roubos | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

FB- Kevon Black | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

FB- Ian Fernandes | CAN / West Rouge SC

FB- Aron Mkungilwa | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

FB- Samuel Vinson |

M- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton Reserve

M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

M- Mikaël Cantave | FRA / FC Nantes

M- Marco-Leonel Dominguez | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic U-16

M- Kianz Gonzales-Froese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

M- Jordan Haynes | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

M- Derick Sequeira | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

M- Raheem Taylor-Parkes | USA / VSI Flames

M- Justin White |

F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

F- El Mehdi Ibn Brahim | CAN / Braves d'Ahuntsic

F- Malik Johnson | CAN / Brampton East SC

F- Kalifala Konneh | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps Residency

CANADA A-Z

Black, Kevon | 1996 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton Youth SC

Boakai, Hanson | 1996 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Xtreme FC

Bustos, Marco | 1996 | Winnipeg, MB, CAN | Garden City Community Centre

Cantave, Mikaël | 1996 | Ottawa, ON, CAN | FC Capital United

Carducci, Marco | 1996 | Calgary, AB, CAN | MSB United

Comsia, Alex | 1996 | North Vancouver, BC, CAN | Lynn Valley SA

Dominguez, Marco-Leonel | 1996 | Montréal, QC, CAN | Braves d'Ahuntsic Concordia

Fernandes, Ian | 1996 | Scarborough, ON, CAN | North Scarborough SC

Gonzales-Froese, Kianz | 1996 | CUB & Winnipeg, MB, CAN |

Hamilton, Jordan | 1996 | Scarborough, ON, CAN | North Scarborough SC

Haynes, Jordan | 1996 | Peterborough, ON, CAN | Cavan Maple Leaf

Ibn Brahim, El Mehdi | 1996 | Montréal, QC, CAN | Montréal Petits Crampons

Johnson, Malik | 1998 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton East SA

Konneh, Kalifala | 1996 | |

Laurent, Mathieu | 1996 | Toronto, ON, CAN | Unionville Milliken SC

Milton, Daniel | 1996 | Ajax, ON, CAN | Ajax SC

Mkungilwa, Aron | 1996 | Joliette, QC, CAN | Laser SC

Roubos, Elias | 1996 | |

Sequeira, Derick | 1996 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Chilelindo

Taylor-Parkes, Raheem | 1998 | Tampa, FL, USA | Erin Mills SC

Vinson, Samuel | 1996 | Plantation, FL, USA | West Broward County YMCA

White, Justin | 1997 | |

Nice to see them continue with the trend of going to the host country before the qualifiers.

http://youtu.be/v77RNokzRfI

Raheem Taylor-Parkes is a 98 in the team. Apparently he's eligible for the USA too so we might see him poached, comments on the video appear to say he was linked to Arsenal.

Here's something I've found on Sam Vinson:

Samuel Vinson, West Pines United F.C. 95/96 Premier Black, U15, Defender/Midfielder: Samuel (2014) is a varsity soccer squad member and honors student at American Heritage School of Plantation Florida. Primarily playing left full back for the West Pines United 95/96 Black, he is an ODP Florida State Team and 2011 ODP Regional Pool member known for his speed and strength. A skilled and physical player, strong in the air who always gets into the attack and is a danger coming out of the back.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/espy-winner-among-team-of-month-honorees_aid20132

It also appears he scored in the national championships, which his side, Florida, won 3-0.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/45959/florida-claims-first-national-title.html

On Raheem Taylor-Parkes apparent international options:

Raheem was born in Canada, but moved to Tampa by age 10. Raheem’s mother, Jennifer Taylor, is originally a track and field athlete from Jamaica. Raheem’s father is from the U.S. Neither played soccer growing up

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/pro-prospects:-arsenal-eyes-u14-bnt-forward_aid24306

Canada lost 2-1 in the first game against the States. We scored an early goal, but they had 2 in the second half.

A few of the Whitecaps players were not available as they stayed behind with the Residency team in San Jose for 2 games this weekend. Bustos, Comsia and Haynes will be joining the team tomorrow.

Two consecutive clean sheet victories in Panama? Do my eyes deceive me??

How did HUITEMA do in this camp...any articles suggesting he did well?

I ask as I just peaked at the USSDA web site and see he has played 7, started 6, and scored 6 goals in u18 there. How is this his first national team camp? I also ask as he is from my hometown and I also coached him for just one little u11 season! :) haha....my coaching consisted of "run around a lot and score goals." That was my first team. :)

ps-yes, that's an indictment of the state of youth coaching in Canada....by making fun of myself.

Two consecutive clean sheet victories in Panama? Do my eyes deceive me??

How did HUITEMA do in this camp...any articles suggesting he did well?

I ask as I just peaked at the USSDA web site and see he has played 7, started 6, and scored 6 goals in u18 there. How is this his first national team camp? I also ask as he is from my hometown and I also coached him for just one little u11 season! :) haha....my coaching consisted of "run around a lot and score goals." That was my first team. :)

ps-yes, that's an indictment of the state of youth coaching in Canada....by making fun of myself.

Huitema wasn't in this camp. He was part of the U-18 camp.

Good to see this group getting results. If we could qualify for a second U17 WC it would likely mark a turning point in youth development in this country ie. pro clubs are increasing the learning curve at an earlier age for elite youth in this country.

On a side note, I wonder if Michael Nelson of Aston Villa U18's has been contacted to play for this team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Villa_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy I know you can't always go by wiki. It does show him in the team list as a 1995 there.

Yeah that's kind of incomplete, it only shows his birth year so who knows how accurate it is...but it does seem to imply that the age cut-off for EPL academies is Sept. 1st and not Jan. 1st (which i did not know) so it is possible that he could be a late '95.

Archived