Where do we go from here? Ending the Culture of Failure

Joe Keeper

I realize that there is no one answer nor is this easy. However today we not only missed out on qualification, we missed out on a leviathan chance to take the culture of football in this country to the next level. This is the lowest point for me as a soccer supporter in this country of all time.

All we can do is rebuild for 2018. Its no good to bitch about it but make no mistake about it, if we do not start getting serious with changing things as of tomorrow,we will not be going to Russia either. The culture of failure has to change because of today. It is not just the players fault. This is the culmination of 25 years of absolute stagnation on and off the field.

So what do we need to do?

My thoughts:

-1)Hart needs to go immediately. He has done some good things, but he has had his shot, and must go. We cannot keep rewarding failure in this country as we so often do with a contract extension. He should not even be allowed to coach the team for the rest of the year.

-2) Then we must begin looking for the right coach next week. We need a man of experience who understands how bad our men's national team is and why. I don't care where he is from but he needs to understand that this whole program needs to be blown up, changed and improved, not just coached.

- 3) Many of the players in the team must retire immediately. We need to start rebuilding tomorrow. Not next year, not after the Gold Cup, NOW! I am sorry, but these players have had their shot, they failed.

- 4) The one saving grace of the men's game in this country is that we actually have some good kids coming through the academies of the pro clubs and in the development systems abroad. These kids need to be brought in and blooded into the national team as soon and as much as possible. Anyone with quality should be given a shot (like Piette) over the next 2-4 years until we put together a highly competitive team that can compete with the best teams in this region and even beyond. Japan, S. Korea and a few upper middle ranked European and better African sides are wonderful examples of the level we should be aspiring to. Once we achieve this, then we can go even further and challenge the big boys perhaps. The academies are our best hope for the future. The whole men's national team needs to be blown up and rebuilt starting this year. Many of the younger players on the team could be used next cycle, but are just not good enough. Even they might need to go in favour of higher quality youngsters along with the veterans. We need time to grow a whole new generation of better players together as a national team talent pool. Absolutely nobody's job on this team now should be remotely safe automatically, just because they are young or have shown some quality.

- 5) We desperately need to learn how to win IN CONCACAF, not in Europe. We need to stop these travel excuses and need to start playing even more games at home and away in the America's. Our whole culture of football in this country identifies more with the European model and state of things. This needs to be shifted, unless we apply to join UEFA (which will never happen). We have to learn to play CONCACAF football and make Canadian football part of the culture of CONCACAF football. Stop these useless European camps and start playing the teams we need to beat in qualifying in our own country and in theirs. Our road to the world cup goes through the stadiums at home or in Mexico, the USA, Costa Rica, T and T, Jamaica and Honduras; not Armenia, or England or Switzerland. We need to learn to win in Concacaf...

- 6) We need to start encouraging the academies to produce a much higher, more technically gifted kind of Canadian footballer who is able to ply their trade at home. The standard is rising, but we will never qualify for the full world cup with the general kind of journeyman football players we do now. Yes, we have produced Atiba, the DeGuzmans and a bunch of others, but on the whole the majority of the kind of player we are producing is still just not remotely good enough at all.

- 7) We need to take our entire men's and women's coaching training and certification program in this country and professionalize it, improve it and demand so much more. Our beloved and much vaunted grass roots numbers and systems will count for absolute ****e unless the people leading them take it more seriously and are raised to a whole new standard never seen before in Canada. Coaches like Yallop and Hart are good, but not nearly good enough.

- 8) The media in this country has improved by leaps and bounds with their coverage of the game in the last 5 years. But it too, is simply not good enough. The media needs to ramp up coverage of the game in Canada and simply start to hold our teams, administrators, clubs, players and infrastructure to a whole new standard. If the media does not demand success, we will not be able to pressure the CSA properly. The media at all levels need to start doing more to encourage fans to support the game everywhere, and quite simply demand success. Stop giving us puff pieces on "how difficult it is to qualify in Central America sportsnet. This amateurish bullsh%t is useless, counterproductive, insulting and is only perpetuating the same culture of failure and fostering the conditions for its reproduction. The media in this country needs to expand, mature and professionalize tenfold.

- 8) The CSA is improving but it must also continue to expand and improve. It needs to lead the charge of all of the points I have mentioned so far, leadership, expanding the club game, learning to play CONCACAF football, developing a new standard of player coach, and most of all, it needs to intensify it's efforts to attract new sponsors and play regular games at home and away in the Americas. It is their fault that we are in this mess overall. If they cannot promote, improve and expand football everything in this country, they need to be stripped of power and replaced with the right people. You are on a shorter leash than ever CSA!

- 9) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Everyone in the game in this country, from players to volunteers to coaches, to clubs, sponsors and fans absolutely must get beyond the belief that we need to make the existing conditions succeed on the field and off it in order for everything else to change. We have been putting the cart before the horse for 25 years, if not all time. We have had it DEAD WRONG. We need to change the whole structure of team, player, coach, leadership and financial development before we will ever have any success again. For the longest time we have kept believing that the existing national team must have success before we can attract the likes of Hoilett, the million dollar sponsors. DEAD WRONG! First we must put these things in place through development work and then the team will have success. All we are doing now is waiting for a miracle when we need to create it.

THIS IS THE ESSENCE OF THE CULTURE OF FAILURE IN FOOTBALL IN THIS COUNTRY AND THE REASON WHY IT WILL BE REPRODUCED : WE ACCEPT FAILURE AND THE STATUS QUO AND NORMALIZE IT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IN OUR PROGRAM AND SOCCER CULTURE! WE EXPECT WHAT ALREADY EXISTS TO LEAD TO CHANGE! WE NEED TO CHANGE WHAT IS! Do not seek battle unless it is already won!

How can we expect good results to bring in everything else good, like more fans, money, better players and anything else from the promised land when it is the very lack of these things historically and in the present that prevent us from getting good results? We have it dead wrong!

- 10) And finally, we the fans need to keep demanding that the culture, development and infrastructure, soccer everything, must change off the field before we have world cup level success. We must continue doing everything we have done and even intensify it tenfold. We are the beating heart of and best hope for success. Remember, we must not just support the team, we must drive all of the things I have gone over in this post. Without us at the base, Canada will never succeed.

It is no longer enough to hope and pray for change and qualify Canada for the world cup. WE MUST FROM THIS POINT ON BECOME A REAL FOOTBALLING NATION, NOT ONE OF DREAMERS! Otherwise the only thing we can say "that typifies Canadian football culture and identity" is failure itself.

I will be there tomorrow and for evermore for the game in Canada, but not as we do things now.

The future must begin to change now or our past will forever be our future.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re: the media! It was amazing on twitter how many of our mainstream media guys reacted right after the match and probably said what they really felt! It's sad that it didn't take long for most of them to backtrack and become apologists!

Really though! I mean what does it take?

When is this organization going to find some urgency and say: We need to quality for the WC NOW!!

Point 5 for me brings it home. We don't have a Canadian 'style'. It's a mish mash of professional players who developed at different times at different places by different people. When they get together for Canada they don't instantly click. It may have been short lived but the CSL gave the CNMT a bit of an identity and we were still qualifying for the hex. Now with limited players in MLS and its standard growing the need for D2 soccer in this country is paramount.

I agree with most, if not all.

I propose street soccer courts in every community and futsal instead of indoor soccer.(Must develop technically superior players)

The part about the media spot on, cowards when it comes to the game.

Some things you can't teach. I really believe you need a total footballing mindset as a country to consistently produce technically gifted players. You've gotta really love the sport and the creativity it embodies outside organized formats. That's really hard to replicate in a country where its not number 1. The Americans, despite all their resources, have the exact same problem.

Whether we would have lost 1-0 or 8-1 people would be calling for massive change. Right now we are embarrassed by the loss and blaming everyone. This loss will set us back more than a little bit. Realistically, the loss has cost us any chance of JDG2 and Junior (especially since Jamaica made the Hex). What we don't need is for the CSA to put the MNT into hiding like it did after every other failed qualifying campaign. We need to continue playing matches (especially against CONCACAF countries on the road). There are other teams like guatamala and el-salvador that were eliminated. Get games against them especially on the road and start playing younger players in these matches. Let them feel what it is like to travel to play games in hostile areas. We need to play and we need to raise our FIFA ranking to try and get into other groups where only 1 good team exists. Being the 9th or 11th ranked CONCACAF nation hurts us every qualifying cycle.

Do we get rid of all the players who blew it today. No! We need to still play to keep our ranking up. Give these guys a chance to make up for this by doing well at a Gold Cup and setting us up for our next campaign. Kids are great but they do need veterans around.

Hart failed to react when we went down 1-0 and 2-0. Will a new coach be better? Maybe but until the CSA gets rid of Hart or he quits, he is what we have and he needs to continue to work on getting players into the fold and finding the next generation of players. There were alot of young Canadian Players on Twitter upset about the loss. Monslave posted comments about if he gets the chance in the future in a game like this that he would win it. Is that realistic, probably not but at leat the kid wants to be on the pitch representing us. Major countries have failed to make a world cup and bounced back to get to the show, France even won in 98 after failing to be there in 94. I know we are not France but we finally have young players in academies and maybe that will bear fruit one day.

We are fans of Canadian Soccer because we believe that in the future a day like today might be completely opposite and we'll be the set of fans looking forward to the next stage. Boston Red Socks fans went through years of suffering and Cub fans continue to suffer. It is part of being loyal to your team. Better days will come. Keep the faith.

Some things you can't teach. I really believe you need a total footballing mindset as a country to consistently produce technically gifted players. You've gotta really love the sport and the creativity it embodies outside organized formats. That's really hard to replicate in a country where its not number 1. The Americans, despite all their resources, have the exact same problem.

The kids today are being taught "kick and chase" and do not understand build up and proper movement. I play pick-up in my community and the kids(teens) are so fustrating to play with because they have all the talent but not the footyIQ to play the sport effectively.

Kids in this country still think its a physical game and not a mental one. Their excuse for being terrible "this is not a real 11 side", We play small side(which builds touch and movement).

Based on the kids I play pick-up with the game is in a very poor state technically and tactically in this country.:(

Very good points here re: development. My comment here is on a winning mentality though.

We lack technical ability and have to improve our player development by leaps and bounds if we are ever to compete consistently at the World Cup level, however, that is not why we lost today. The team in front of us today wasn't that good. The problem was that our players, many of whom admitted that this was the game of their lives, played simply pathetically.

This was the second worst loss in CMNT history. It was by far the worst loss in a meaningful game in our history. Argentina didn't beat us as badly in Argentina when they were expect to compete for WINNING the World Cup. If we are ever to develop a winning mentality, losing, especially loosing like this should simply not be tolerated and players, coaches, etc. should be held accountable.

In ancient Rome when the roman legions were crushed by Hannibal at Cannae, the survivors were not coddled, they were banished from the Italian peninsula. When Hart chooses his honor and quits (or the CSA decides it's not cheep enough to wait till he does to save them the severance money), we should do as Nigel Reed says (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opinion/2012/10/no-hex-just-humiliation-for-canada-in-world-cup-qualifying.html?cmp=rss) and hire a real coach...

The first thing that real coach should do is ban anyone who started that debacle from playing for colours for the next year.

We need more self respect and we need less tolerance of failure. We need to start building that into the culture.

There are many reasons why I think Canadian players wilt under pressure. Unlike the players we were playing against today our players didn't grow up with the constant pressure of trying to play their way out of poverty; they didn't grow up with the constant media and fan pressure players get in Europe; and they didn't grow up playing in competitive technical environments (relatively speaking). But regardless, the lack thereof shouldn't excuse complete and utter mental capitulation like what we saw today, and I think we'll never win unless we demand a lot better, and in so doing create some of the mental toughness that was clearly lacking here.

I am gutted. Absolutely crushed. They say hope is the cruelest emotions and what I feel right now... well, I'm normally not a very emotional guy, but I haven't been this upset in a while.

As I watched the shameful display by CMNT, I was angry. Angry at 11 men in the field who apparently were playing in the biggest game of their career but played like scared, bullied kids. Mental toughness has always been a challenge for Canada, and these guys just simply failed. They disgraced their nation today with their gutless 'effort'. A little sad that guys who deserve to play in WC like DeRosario or Hutchinson won't get the chance, but no failure deserves a reward.

I am pissed off at Stephen Hart, who is a nice guy, but he failed at his job, which was to prepare his team. First, is the lack of mental preparation. Second, are a bunch of questionable calls. Klukowski instead of Marcel de Jong? Just exactly what has Klukowski done lately to deserve a starting spot over someone who is playing in Bundesliga and has played well for Canada? Not to mention Klukowski has been shambles last few times he played for Canada. And Ledgerwood over Hume? Seriously?

I'm mad at Kevin McKenna, who is supposedly the captain of this team, but I couldn't find leadership on the field. Mental shutdown was very evident after the first goal went in, and for the guy who is suppose to be the prime motivator on the pitch, just inexcusable.

I am disgusted, because I feel that the National Team program has suffered a serious setback. Instead of the momentum generated this year growing, all pissed away and might have to start from scratch again. All the corporate sponsors waiting to give money to CSA, gone. Because nobody really wants to sponsor a loser, and the fact is, only wins will get you more money. And if we want to build better infrastructure and to grow the game in Canada, we need money.

All the support for the national team built past two years? Gone. Yes, the Voyageurs will be at the stands, but the days of getting 16-18k for Canada games are gone, and for a long time. Because without meaningful games to keep up the momentum, who would remember the national team in 2015? People have short memories. All the Euro snobs and Canadians who'd rather support their 'home country' over Canada will look at this result and only confirm what they know; Canada sucks at soccer and aren't worth supporting. And they rightly deserve to look down at Canada. When 2015 comes around again, they won't remember all the positive results from this version of WCQs; they will only remember 8-1 humiliation.

All the youths who look for inspiration to play the game? I feel bad for them, because men's game need heroes too. Who looks up to losers, especially losers who gets destroyed 8-1? I hope all the talented kids choose to stick with soccer and Canada, instead of quitting the game or play for another country over Canada. But I'm not very hopeful on this.

How the heck do you piss away the best chance ever to make the World Cup? Make the Hex, finish 4th and play New Zealand or better, Tahiti or whoever because New Zealand has been slipping too! It would have done so much for the country and the game in Canada but all for naught! We will never get a chance like this. But I think I'm just pissed because I dared to hope, only to be disappointed yet again. And it's not even the refs' fault (for most part).

But I think deep in our hearts, we kinda knew that Canada wasn't good enough, and we relied on hope and luck more than anything else. I just hope that CSA gets the right message and lesson out of this experience and make the right changes.

So where do we go from here?

First, is a statement action from CSA. This means Hart has to resign, or be fired and a new head coach is hired. He must be reputable and respected coach, someone recognizable. So that this be a clear signal of intent that CSA is serious about men's game in Canada. I know this means spending money that CSA doesn't have, but another Hart will not be enough. We need someone better. This move would not just be for the supporters, but for the players to realize that Canada is serious about soccer, and for all the wishy washy guys like Jonathan de Guzman or Junior Hoilett that investing their international career with Canada is actually worth it.

Develop a philosophy and stick with it. USA has decided to adopt Klinsmann's vision. Whether this will work or not remains to be seen, but USA will not go half assed to change how soccer is played in US. Top football nations have their own identity. Canada needs to do the same. Hiring a head coach who will implement this new Canadian philosophy will be the first step.

Invest in youths. We need to change the mentality of how players are developed in Canada, and in order to see the fruits by 2022 WC, we need to make these changes now. This means investing in coaching, by changing CSA coaching qualification to UEFA standards, to support coaches to learn in top European academies until Canada develops own infrastructure to produce top coaches. These coaches would go to youth level clubs to teach them to play soccer in more technical way. CSA would have to hire a reputable coach to start the reform from top down. It will take a lot of years, but we need to start now.

For right now, CSA needs to identify top youth programs in Canada and give them priority for funding. Bring best prospects for camps across Canada as often as possible. Use Canadian MLS teams facilities. Why not? They are there, and cheaper than CSA to start own training facility.

Develop a proper D2 program. Give the youths a chance to play at least semi pro soccer. Even if this means CSA has to set up regional leagues. Cost too much to setup a proper national league, however, players need games with decent competition in order to develop.

Work with MLS to get Canadians to be considered domestic players. Because Canadians needs to play in professional leagues as much as possible, and MLS is the easiest way, especially considering how fast MLS is growing as a league. Apparently with some lobbying in Washington, MLS might be able to get an exemption to US labour laws to get Canadians to be considered as domestic.

Cut back women's program as much as possible. I know this will not be a popular move, but the fact is, men's program is where the money is at, and what counts in the minds of most people. With Women's World Cup being hosted in Canada in 2015, of course the money has to be spent to keep women's team competitive, but in the end, without success in men's program, the game will not grow in Canada.

Set a goal of reaching the Hex for 2018 WC and for sure make the World Cup 2022. This is a very doable goal, but it has to start now.

Do whatever to search for any players eligible for Canada. There are a lot of talented footballers who aren't committed to a national team that has Canadian connection. Find them. Give them a chance to play for Canada. Because the senior program needs a shot in the arm right now.

Retire a lot of over 30 players. I appreciate their dedication and service to the national program, but they are holding back the players who needs game time to fight for 2018 WCQs. The transition has to be gradual, but guys like Klukowski, Jazic, JDG, DeRo needs to retire right now.

Identify and develop a top striker. Canada needs at least one, preferably two striker who can finish. Because having even one of these guys can carry the team, just like Drogba or Eto'o did for many years. I don't know if Canada will have one for 2018 WCQs, pretty doubtful, but by 2022 WCQs if Canada can't develop at least one top striker, this simply won't be acceptable. Identify and develop a top playmaker. Because you need someone to get the ball to the striker.

Play friendlies. Do not cheap out. Schedule a game, especially with CONCACAF or South American teams to get Canadian players used to playing against that style, also to get them used to playing in hostile environments. No more considering hosting USA a 'coup'. Bring in quality opposition to Canada. You can only develop team chemistry by playing competitive games, and I feel that one of reasons why Canada went so for this WCQs is because of all the games the team played together, even against minnow oppositions.

I forced myself to watch all 90 mins of this ****show, because I felt that I needed to bear witness to this debacle. I hope this is a wake up call for a lot of people especially at CSA. But I remain in hope that one day, we will get it right and that we will make the World Cup by 2022.

Very good points here re: development. My comment here is on a winning mentality though.

We lack technical ability and have to improve our player development by leaps and bounds if we are ever to compete consistently at the World Cup level, however, that is not why we lost today. The team in front of us today wasn't that good. The problem was that our players, many of whom admitted that this was the game of their lives, played simply pathetically.

This was the second worst loss in CMNT history. It was by far the worst loss in a meaningful game in our history. Argentina didn't beat us as badly in Argentina when they were expect to compete for WINNING the World Cup. If we are ever to develop a winning mentality, losing, especially loosing like this should simply not be tolerated and players, coaches, etc. should be held accountable.

In ancient Rome when the roman legions were crushed by Hannibal at Cannae, the survivors were not coddled, they were banished from the Italian peninsula. When Hart chooses his honor and quits (or the CSA decides it's not cheep enough to wait till he does to save them the severance money), we should do as Nigel Reed says (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opinion/2012/10/no-hex-just-humiliation-for-canada-in-world-cup-qualifying.html?cmp=rss) and hire a real coach...

The first thing that real coach should do is ban anyone who started that debacle from playing for colours for the next year.

We need more self respect and we need less tolerance of failure. We need to start building that into the culture.

There are many reasons why I think Canadian players wilt under pressure. Unlike the players we were playing against today our players didn't grow up with the constant pressure of trying to play their way out of poverty; they didn't grow up with the constant media and fan pressure players get in Europe; and they didn't grow up playing in competitive technical environments (relatively speaking). But regardless, the lack thereof shouldn't excuse complete and utter mental capitulation like what we saw today, and I think we'll never win unless we demand a lot better, and in so doing create some of the mental toughness that was clearly lacking here.

You make a good point! but the "Winning mentality" isnt just soccer but athletics period!, not including Hockey.

Winning! and being the Best are just not in Canadian vocabulary.(to polite)

It would probably take another two generations before we could change the loser mentality.

Learning how the play in CONCACAF is a very good point that was hammered home yesterday. One away goal and being outscored 10-2 against the two qualifiers from our group should be the source of ridicule. We need to play in regional tournaments in Central American and Caribbean countries at the U17 and U20 levels. Camps in places like Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador with matches against their national youth teams or even good club sides will help prepare our future national teams.

If there's one good thing about this horrible loss it's the visibility of it. The CSA really can't hide anymore. It's going to be really interesting to see what Peter Montopoli does here.

My guess is that he will use women’s success as a shield.

MY NUMBER 1.

The quota of Canadian players on Canadian teams MLS needs to be increased. If the people who run and own Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal don't like it then they can go **** off and run teams in the US. Right now Toronto FC barely have enough players to fill a game day roster and would rather play young Americans (who aren't that good - when was the last time Toronto won?) then dress any young Canadian players. Toronto would rather have a shorted bench then bring these young Canadians players to Central America, a place these players really need any kind of experience they can get.

The closest example I could think of in world ootball is Wellington Phoenix. A New Zealand team that plays in the Australian A-League. Of the 29 players on their roster 21 of them are New Zealanders.

Here's my take:

Stephen Hart will be relieved of his duties and will go back to open Technical Director position. There is no doubt he will remain within the CSA. That's the CSA's nature and I do believe Mr. Hart has a place in the organization but in won't be in a coaching capacity.

The CSA will demonstrate leadership by commissioning the second study with Rethink Management by picking one direction from the recommendations put forth in September. It might not necessarily result in the creation of league but the PR optics will be enough to demonstrate

The OSA will be the model implementation of LTPD and set the standard for the rest of the provinces to follow. The CSA should enforce the implementation of the principles and force a timeline for implementation across the country. It's taken enough time and should be implemented by 2014.

I'd like to see an expansion of the Voyageurs Cup....but not in the traditional sense. I would like to see a youth tournament for the U-18 that would rotate around the country every year. Like the world juniors, every year a new site will be selected where the academies go play and world class youth academies are invited to play in the tournament. Thus, places outside of Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto can see the standard that's required for players. Basically, a rotating Dallas Cup in Canada and possibly upgrading facilities across the country as the tournament is rotated.

I think a lot of posts above sum up a lot of what should happen as well.

The 1st thing that needs to change is the system of electing the highest officials of the CSA from within the same broken system that has not been working for 2 decades. We need people with real vision and commitment, not people who just talk about it and haven't done anything to back it up. Obviously, soccer has not advanced in Canada contrary to CSA's objectives. You don't need to be a genius to figure that out.

The 2nd thing that needs to be done is that we need proper domestic leagues with a promotion/demotion system similar to any other country in the world. Why we feel that we can continue to operate in a vaccum from the rest of the world is beyond me.

Once you have the 1st issue resolved, you can start focusing on the 2nd issue and only then can you start attracting good foreign players, develop players domestically, and build a real fan base. Charging people $90 for tickets and $15 a beer to watch less than mediocre club soccer by players barely making more than minimum wage is not going to build a fan base or develop soccer in this country. Anyone who doesn't realize that doesn't even desrve to work as a marketing co-ordinator for the CSA, let alone be a decision maker.

MY NUMBER 1.

The quota of Canadian players on Canadian teams MLS needs to be increased. If the people who run and own Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal don't like it then they can go **** off and run teams in the US. Right now Toronto FC barely have enough players to fill a game day roster and would rather play young Americans (who aren't that good - when was the last time Toronto won?) then dress any young Canadian players. Toronto would rather have a shorted bench then bring these young Canadians players to Central America, a place these players really need any kind of experience they can get.

The closest example I could think of in world ootball is Wellington Phoenix. A New Zealand team that plays in the Australian A-League. Of the 29 players on their roster 21 of them are New Zealanders.

Completely agree with this! It's been painful to watch TFC play so poorly with as you say a short bench and young guys like Stinson and Henry aren't even getting on the pitch! I honestly think the team would be more competetive with a bunch of young Canadian players than these fringe Americans that Mariner insists on starting! In 86 when we actually qualified for the World Cup many Canadians were playing big roles for NASL sides!

Here's my take:

Stephen Hart will be relieved of his duties and will go back to open Technical Director position. There is no doubt he will remain within the CSA. That's the CSA's nature and I do believe Mr. Hart has a place in the organization but in won't be in a coaching capacity. /QUOTE]

No way he's going back to TD position. He has already stated that TD position is a "thankless job" and requires a lot traveling and scouting to develop younger talent. Plus he's not suited to be in a technical position. He's a great people manager and a lot of players like / respect him but tactically, he's naive and uninnovative.

It has more to do with the lack of funds in the CSA. Unless these new sponsorships have given the CSA more money to hire someone of quality. Historically, they have been cheap and honor contracts despite poor performance. Hart won't quit because there isn't another job for him.

It has more to do with the lack of funds in the CSA. Unless these new sponsorships have given the CSA more money to hire someone of quality. Historically, they have been cheap and honor contracts despite poor performance. Hart won't quit because there isn't another job for him.

I'm hoping the sponsors come up big, because we need to get that next level of coaching and it takes money. I actually think that Hart will resign as Head Coach, but end up with another role within the organization somewhere.

But someone needs to get this program used to the idea of winning sooner than later.

Archived