Sign in to follow this  
Olympique_de_Marseille

Honduras-Canada Post-Game Thread

I'm over the 8-1 loss. I had hoped for a draw but in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't likely.

What I will always infuriate me about this campaign is the tie at home to Honduras. We knew going in we had to win all our home games and get a result in Cuba.

Cripes that was depressing.  Does anyone have a link to either Mckenna's half time interview or Hart post game.  I thought i remember Hart resigning the next day.     

On 10/19/2012 at 7:29 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

I'm over the 8-1 loss. I had hoped for a draw but in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't likely.

What I will always infuriate me about this campaign is the tie at home to Honduras. We knew going in we had to win all our home games and get a result in Cuba.

Truthfully, I'm still not over that loss or that damned tie at home. After that tie, I knew we were finished.

19 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Mega bump from 2012

I know it sucks to remember but the current and former Sportsnet guys did an interesting look back at 8-1 on this podcast.  Apparently Junior and JDG2 were committed to play the hex if we got through it.  

https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=68235706&refid=asa

Ah yes, I remember being super stoked that once we got through to the Hex and added Junior and Jdg2, we'd surely have enough firepower to make the world cup. Both versions were obviously better than their current versions, and both players would have obviously been considered tier 1 players, to use a Herdman ranking system, but neither of them were Alphonso Davies or Jonathan David level, who are both better and younger than Junior and Jdg2 were in 2012. Funny to think back at the things that use to get us excited back then. Very thankful for where the national team is currently at. 

That was a good interview, but it's disappointing how much he wanted to come back to Canada and nobody wanted to give him a chance. I would've loved to have him at York 9.

Larson is annoying, but Onesoccer is putting out a lot of interesting content this last couple weeks.  Manella, Waterman, LBG, Bustos, Hume, Fisk, Nanco/Awuah, lots of cool CPL tid bits to tide us over.