Honduras-Canada Post-Game Thread

Alot of players were absolutely awful not one was decent, however i do not share the opinion that some of these players should never put on a jersey again you win like a team and you lose like one!

Agreed. Only Michael Klukowski should never put on the jersey again. He pissed in The Soup before we Tasted it. Everyone else I will forgive.

Agreed. Only Michael Klukowski should never put on the jersey again. He pissed in The Soup before we Tasted it. Everyone else I will forgive.

Yes he was atrocious.

Atiba busted his tail off tonight and to a degree I felt a couple others did (JDG, Jackson, Ricketts and Hume)...just failed to execute.

3 goals, through Hainault's legs. Stunned.

Time to transition I guess. Goodbye to DeRo, JDG, McKenna, Jazic, etc....time to go forward with the next generation.

Mckenna should be gone, hes old and he was awful today and he was the captain. Besides his distribution is always bad, I think we are ok in CB going forward, I'm ok with Edgar, Hainault, Jakovic, Henry, Attakora. Although Hainault has looked bad in the 2 losses this round, hes still young and his mistakes were down to hesitation and not closing down fast enough, should be easy to adjust.

Hopefully at the next Gold Cup Canada gives guys like Tiebert, Cavallini, Edwini-Bonsu, Piette, Henry, Morgan, and Haber a chance. Would love to see some young players come in to try to change the mentality on this team.

What would a Canada team made up of players all under 30 years old look like?

Edited by Bertuzzi44

I felt like Atiba and Julian gave their all today, they really looked like they were committed but our Defense and Forwards were so bad kind of hard for the midfield to make up for that when they are being book ended by bags of ****.

Give some credit to Hume too. He deserved a goal for his effort in the second half even when it was clear that we weren't coming back. This might be his last game as well so at least he was playing for pride.

I feel Atiba played well. Cavallini had some good moments but he did miss a good shot (with no keeper in net!). He's clever though. Did you guys see where he feigned a header to allow the ball to make it to (Ricketts?) feet. Then Ricketts messed up. He can also hold his own vs 1 or 2 guys (when 3 Hondurans crowded him he lost the ball). Otherwise he can beat defenders more easily than Ricketts or even Jackson.

I felt like Atiba and Julian gave their all today, they really looked like they were committed but our Defense and Forwards were so bad kind of hard for the midfield to make up for that when they are being book ended by bags of ****.

Yeah, I agree Atiba and JDG were at least trying out there. The D was just shocking beyond belief. Especially McKenna, Hainault, and Kluks. I didn't notice so much awfulness from Edgar, but I'm not sure ...

I feel Atiba played well. Cavallini had some good moments but he did miss a good shot (with no keeper in net!). He's clever though. Did you guys see where he feigned a header to allow the ball to make it to (Ricketts?) feet. Then Ricketts messed up. He can also hold his own vs 1 or 2 guys (when 3 Hondurans crowded him he lost the ball). Otherwise he can beat defenders more easily than Ricketts or even Jackson.

TBH i believe he was one of our best today, and that's saying something

8 to 1? Best chance at the Hex in 16 years and fans have to endure utter humiliation. I had gotten over the Olympic meltdown against Cuba but now there's a fresh wound with the prospect of another World Cup to watch without Canadian participation. There is also the prospect of more of the Canadian public, more young potential talent feeling that Canada is useless in this sport. Can't argue with them based on today's result.

Yes, it's time to start anew and bring in some young players. We certainly find ourselves with the time to give them experience. On that topic, the CSA will have to spend the money and give our next team more preparation playing away to Central American sides. It won't be WC qualifying but it will be the best we can do for them.

C'mon U20s. Give us hope for the future. Please!

I am sure we'll get the " at least there's the Gold Cup" comments pretty soon. The ****ing Gold Cup is the Spengler Cup of football, a poor man's tourney. The sad part is that we have to wait until 2016 for another chance at World Cup.

Yup , this is what I said to Avery @ 81' , 3 more years before a sniff at 2018 ,blow it up !And lulled into a feeling of adequacy pounding on minnows , they get exposed by Panama and now Honduras ..

Edited by roue

Bring back Holger Osiek or anybody with a good WCQ track record and not coached in a CSL, MLS or "King of Donair" club. Tired of seeing disappointment of not making a Hex the last 15 years, let alone qualifying to a WC in 26 years and counting

Holger was great qualifying for 2002! I loved watching Canada in the Hex and then Korea/Japan. The best part was dominating T&T in the second round.