Jdg2 will play for Canada if we get a result today...

Alex

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say this before the outpoor of booing and "we dont want him" cr@p starts. If JdG2 and Junior and others want to come play for us, regardless of their reasoning or timing, we need to say YES! Until they are cap-tied, we need to keep up the ego-stroking and get them on our side. Sure, you might not like them, but they are talented, VERY talented. Even if we do win this game, the squad we have simply doesn't have the talent to pull anything major at the HEX and definitely not at the WC. Throw in a few EPL class starters and we are starting to look like a team that can contend. The idea is...cap-tie them, THEN integrate them into the squad. We can take our time throughout the HEX to integrate them into the lineup and make sure that all others get on board. There will surely be some reluctance and grudging on the part of fringe players, but any real canada fan and player will want the team to succeed! Do what you gotta do!

My pride says screw 'em. However, when I think about the depth it would give us, I have to admit it is pretty exciting. I'll believe it when I see it though. We've been told so many different things about these two that nothing short of them pulling on the maple leaf gets me excited.

I think best bet is for Hart to hold a vote involving every player that took part in this round of qualifying on whether the two should be accepted should we make the hex.

If the players can accept them, we surely can

That is an awful idea. Like I have said. Players who are fringe players and even those who start on a semi-regular basis (dejong) will be thinking "less playing time for me". It's a coach's job to manage egos and talent. Hart is very good at it. Just cap-tie them, then let the vets get to know them personally. They will learn to like them. Rookies and younger players will follow the vets' lead.

Advice to any coach, NEVER allow players to vote on something that could influence their own playing time or spot on the squad. While the idea of every player putting what's best for the team ahead of what is best for them sounds good, it is just naïve.

I think best bet is for Hart to hold a vote involving every player that took part in this round of qualifying on whether the two should be accepted should we make the hex.

If the players can accept them, we surely can

If it was up to the players they would all say yes to let him play.

Jonathan is Canadian. He has his reasons for waiting so long. I say if he wants to put on the jersey let him. We always talk about wanting our best players to play for us so let's embrace him now. Show hiim what it means to be a Canadian. We are compassionate, caring, and an embracing society. If he wants to come home lets show him he made the right decision.

Honeslty, can we lock any threads like this until 6PM today?
I think everyone is looking for a distraction.

This has as much to do with the fact that he got no call-up for the Oct Dutch squad. Even if he does at this point, he is likely to be on the margin of any group of 23 players for Oranje. The Hex would obviously be a turning point; the impetus to abandon his Dutch dream that is slowly slipping away from his grasp.

I don't care about anyone who isn't on the team, I just care about getting a result today and moving on from there! If these two guys had such an interest in their country they would have been on the field today when they are really needed!

It's okay, bring him on, let him sit on the bench for the next few games and earn his spot on the team. I can't say I'm too excited about players who sit on the fence, but at the same time, better late than never "as the Noah remarked to the Zebra who had understood that passengers arrived in alphabetical order!" ;)

I just don't understand why de Guzman would even bring this up now in the first place. I'm sure it's more of a distraction for us fans then the players today but still...

Well the chance is there for JDG to have the game of his life and give his younger brother a chance to play for us!

Archived