Final 2012 MLS Salary List for Canadian Players

nolando

According to here: http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/October%201,%202012%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

De Guzman--------------------$1,910,746

De Rosario------------$663,190

Johnson--------------$243,750

Jakovic --------------$228,000

Hainault -------------$163,125

Bernier ---------------$149,333

Cann -----------------$134,750

Jazic -----------------$117,500

Dunfield ---------------$86,000

Alderson --------------$75,000

Sutton ----------------$65,000

Teibert ----------------$60,600

Morgan ----------------$56,000

Henry -----------------$45,100

Lindsay ----------------$45,100

Clarke -----------------$44,004

Cordon ----------------$44,000

Stinson ----------------$44,000

Makubuyu --------------$44,000

Sodade ----------------$33,756

Roberts ----------------$33,750

Ouimette ---------------$33,750

James------------------$33,750

Looking at this list, I wonder if Gyorio turned down 33 K or 44 K? I also wonder if he regrets it now.

Also...

De Guzman------------------------------------------------------------------------$1,910,746

De Rosario---------------------------------------------------$663,190

The other 21 Canadians in MLS combined------------- $1,765,685

Glad to see Johnson's salary up there at #3. That is a fair deal for both sides imo and as a TFC fan I'm jealous of a deal like that as we've had players half as good as Johnson make that or even more! Even the Bernier deal for MTL is impressive, he's making half of what Robinson made at TFC and he's had twice the year Robbo ever had, god love him.

Dunfield is fair value but I'm afraid he'll ask for a raise and get it soon. I mean who wouldn't looking up at some of the players around you and what they're paid... I believe another Canadian did that once. **** deals lead to more **** deals or trades.

Do you think TFC would be a better team with just all the Canadian guys in the league with them?

Without a doubt.. Bernier, De Rosario, Hainault, Jakovic, Johnson would all be upgrades and De Guzman would also be a lot better around those players too so he'd start. Jazic is better than Morgan for now as well, but not for long. I'm confident Teibert would start too.

Dunfield is fair value but I'm afraid he'll ask for a raise and get it soon. I mean who wouldn't looking up at some of the players around you and what they're paid... I believe another Canadian did that once. **** deals lead to more **** deals or trades.

And that is the biggest problem with over paying for players, the ones who are underpaid soon ask for more than they are worth and the cycle of over payment keeps on going.

I like O'Dea and Eckersley but paying those guys 840 grand combined is way too much. TFC are totally overpaying for what they are getting in that position. I believe the next highest paid defender is making around 300 grand.

FWIW Jamison Olave, the best defender in the league (imo) makes $250k (but I believe only $200k against the cap?)... once again an RSL deal.

But Eckersley tries hard so lets keep him.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/2012-rsl-salaries.1944953/

Just look at some of the value RSL is getting out of these deals/players. Compare them to current/past TFC deals and try not to cry.

• 2 weeks later...
I like O'Dea and Eckersley but paying those guys 840 grand combined is way too much. TFC are totally overpaying for what they are getting in that position. I believe the next highest paid defender is making around 300 grand.

I think Eckersley's contract amount included his transfer cost. He's making $210 I read. So he's well paid but not insanely paid. I imagine O'Dea's contract amount is somewhat similar.

I think Eckersley's contract amount included his transfer cost. He's making $210 I read. So he's well paid but not insanely paid. I imagine O'Dea's contract amount is somewhat similar.

But in the end, those are resources that are allocated towards these players regardless of what their actual salary is. If that transfer cost is equally amortized over the life of the contract, these were crap deals for TFC.

The club can't afford to tie up that kind of salary for these types of players.

Archived