Oh woe is ... them??

tmcmurph

Kind of funny reading this article

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/205?cc=5901

According to statistics compiled by blogger Elijah Miller in an article for MLSSoccer.com, from 2006 to 2011, the percentage of minutes afforded American players fell steadily from 69.97 percent in 2006 to 55.75 percent in 2011, which actually represented a slight uptick from the 2010 mark of 55.15.

The percentage of minutes played by Canadian players actually rose this season to 3.81 percent, up from 3.27 percent in 2011.

Players are classified using the country that they have played for internationally. If a player has not appeared for a country at any level, then their country of birth is used.

------------------------------------------------

So doing some rough calcs 19 teams & 34 games at 90 minutes each = 58140 minutes and canucks got 2215 of them.

Seems like the USA is feeling insecure given their recent form? I don't know why they lump Canada and the USA players into "domestic" when the rules clearly are in their favour and work against Canuck players.

Kind of funny reading this article

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/205?cc=5901

According to statistics compiled by blogger Elijah Miller in an article for MLSSoccer.com, from 2006 to 2011, the percentage of minutes afforded American players fell steadily from 69.97 percent in 2006 to 55.75 percent in 2011, which actually represented a slight uptick from the 2010 mark of 55.15.

The percentage of minutes played by Canadian players actually rose this season to 3.81 percent, up from 3.27 percent in 2011.

Players are classified using the country that they have played for internationally. If a player has not appeared for a country at any level, then their country of birth is used.

------------------------------------------------

So doing some rough calcs 19 teams & 34 games at 90 minutes each = 58140 minutes and canucks got 2215 of them.

Seems like the USA is feeling insecure given their recent form? I don't know why they lump Canada and the USA players into "domestic" when the rules clearly are in their favour and work against Canuck players.

You should also multiply that number by players on the pitch. Jazic for example has played 2235 minutes this season alone.

1279080 minutes played is the correct number (I think haha).

You should also multiply that number by players on the pitch. Jazic for example has played 2235 minutes this season alone.

1279080 minutes played is the correct number (I think haha).

Our players definitely didn't spend 2.4 years on the pitch hahah

Our players definitely didn't spend 2.4 years on the pitch hahah

Oops should have been clearer, that’s the total number of minutes played in the league this year, but yes it's wrong now that I think about it haha. I think there are 323 games this year X 90 minutes = 29070 X 22 players = 639540 minutes and 24366 “Canadian minutes”. Very rough math haha

Archived