Panama - Honduras pre-game thread

xabuep2

Any news about this game can be posted here.

According to Honduran newspaper Diez , the game to be played in Rommel Fernandez stadium is sold out . More than 29.000 tickets have been sold . The Panamian fans have called the game as " El partido de la clasificación" ( the match of the classification). In the comments of the Newspaper forum shows the rivalry between the two teams..

http://www.diez.hn/La-Seleccion/Ediciones/2012/09/22/Noticias/Se-agoto-boleteria-del-Panama-Honduras#idc-cover

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news about this game can be posted here.

According to Honduran newspaper Diez , the game to be played in Rommel Fernandez stadium is sold out . More than 29.000 tickets have been sold . The Panamian fans have called the game as " El partido de la clasificación" ( the match of the classification). In the comments of the Newspaper forum shows the rivalry between the two teams..

http://www.diez.hn/La-Seleccion/Ediciones/2012/09/22/Noticias/Se-agoto-boleteria-del-Panama-Honduras#idc-cover

If Panama wins they are through to the hex.

The Panamanians are now also dicking around the Hondurans, cutting their previously agreed allotment of 1,200 away tickets to just 300. http://www.diez.hn/content/view/full/82859#.UGPAV1Ew-uM

There's also been some choice remarks from the head of the Extreme Roja, who claims that ese día va a hervir y lo que vamos a cocinar serán hondureños Or, it's going to boil that day and it's Hondurans that are going to cook. He also said that what Canada experienced will be nothing like what's waiting for Honduras. It's too bad I'll be at BMO as this match would be a great one to watch. http://www.diez.hn/Inicio/Ediciones/2012/09/21/Noticias/Honduras-vivira-un-calvario-en-Panama#.UGPBxFEw-uO

Panama-Honduras should be kicking off after the Canada-Cuba match.

edit: Yup. CAN-CUB kicks off at 7:45pm ET and PAN-HON at 10:05pm ET (9:05pm Local)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/index.html

Will Sportsnet broadcast this one? If they have no plans to, somebody start tweeting them, we know they can get a live feed. I'd watch this at Shoeless after the match at BMO field.

Will Sportsnet broadcast this one? If they have no plans to, somebody start tweeting them, we know they can get a live feed. I'd watch this at Shoeless after the match at BMO field.

only people who really care about Hon-Pan match are the Voyageurs and that's it...

only people who really care about Hon-Pan match are the Voyageurs and that's it...

Can't disagree with you Yohan. When we cannot fill our national stadium to watch canada play, how many people are actually going to care about the other game in the group? (obviously I know if canada was more condensed we would be able to fill the stadium easily)

Was just thinking about the Honduran card situation and how some Panamanian acting could help us by getting some Hondurans suspended. Well, turns out the Hondurans have only picked up 2 yellows (Figueroa and Sabillon) in their 4 games so far and both were against us. Losing Figueroa would be a big blow so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Was just thinking about the Honduran card situation and how some Panamanian acting could help us by getting some Hondurans suspended. Well, turns out the Hondurans have only picked up 2 yellows (Figueroa and Sabillon) in their 4 games so far and both were against us. Losing Figueroa would be a big blow so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Wait, do you miss a game with 2 yellows(one game after the other) or just 2 yellows(from any two games)?

Wait, do you miss a game with 2 yellows(one game after the other) or just 2 yellows(from any two games)?

2 yellows from any two games. So for instance a yellow in game 2 at Canada and a yellow in game 5 at Panama gets either Figueroa or Sabillon suspended for game 6 at home against Canada.

THe Honduras 23-man roster is up (for both their game against Panama and their game against us):

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2933324,00.html

EDIT:

Things of note:

Carlo Costly IN

Wilson Palacios OUT

Also called in some new young players

So the manager says he's leaving Palacios out for lack of playing time but he calls Costly who is unattached...

Didn't know that, but he just signed there last Saturday and only has one appearance.

and they are a side that just gained promotion, so not a top team in Greece. + due to the Greek debt crisis and poor economy most clubs are facing smaller revenues and are cutting back and selling players. Our hope is that he won't be at his best.

International players called for Panama

LEGIONARIOS CONVOCADOS

Porteros

Jaime Penedo – Municipal (GUA)

Luis Mejía – Fénix (URU)

Defensas

Luis Henríquez – Lech Poznan (POL)

Felipe Baloy – Santos Laguna (MEX)

Román Torres – Millonarios (COL)

Volantes

Amílcar Henríquez – Deportivo Independiente Medellín (COL)

Nelson Barahona – Atlético Huila (COL)

Armando Cooper – Godoy Cruz (ARG)

Gabriel Gómez – Philadelphia Union (USA)

Delanteros

Blas Pérez – FC Dallas (USA)

Luis Tejada – Deportivo Toluca FC (MEX)

Yairo Glaize Yau – Sydney FC (AUS)

Rolando Blackburn – FK Senica (SV)

There is another group of 11 players from the local league, but the core of the team is right here, if the Canada game was full this is already a sold out, nice.

BTW some good news:

Tejada scores in his first two games with his new squad Toluca in the Liga MX of Mexico, and Blas score twice playing again SJ Earthquakes, BTW CB Bermudez and Chavez from Honduras played for SJE:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-09-29-sj-v-dal/recap

Interesting article about the evolution of Panama's national team and how the coaches are molding the football landscape in that country.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2936956,00.html

I like the quote:

"Indicative of the country's ascending regional status, Panama heads Group C in the semifinal round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying for Brazil 2014, leading traditional regional heavyweights Canada and Honduras with two matches left to play."

"Indicative of the country's ascending regional status, Panama heads Group C in the semifinal round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying for Brazil 2014, leading traditional regional heavyweights Canada and Honduras with two matches left to play."

Man, i was going to point out that we were in the same semi-final group with Panama in 1996 and 2000 and finished ahead of them (won the group in '96) and as recently as a decade ago they were in the wilderness in CONCACAF so that's why they'd view us as heavyweights. Then it hit me, 1996 was 16 years ago. That's how long it's been since we made the Hex. That's inexcusable. I've spent almost my entire 20's and 30's waiting for the MNT to qualify for the Hex again. *shakes head* We HAVE to make the Hex. We just have to.

Man, i was going to point out that we were in the same semi-final group with Panama in 1996 and 2000 and finished ahead of them (won the group in '96) and as recently as a decade ago they were in the wilderness in CONCACAF so that's why they'd view us as heavyweights. Then it hit me, 1996 was 16 years ago. That's how long it's been since we made the Hex. That's inexcusable. I've spent almost my entire 20's and 30's waiting for the MNT to qualify for the Hex again. *shakes head* We HAVE to make the Hex. We just have to.

You've echoed my feeling exactly. I also want 5 more home games to attend next year, and the odd away one too.

That would be sweet. It doesn't look like it will be on TV. If anyone brings a laptop/iPad or something else with USB wireless internet or data to Shoeless and can show the Panama-Honduras game I will buy you a beer.

...and an HDMI cable to plug into an HD TV.

Archived