How much do they make?

canadianfoot

Any idea as to how much does the staff of MNT make per year?

Hart and Fonseca?

Are we talking here 100k for Hart and say 50k for Fonseca? Or more like 125/150/175/200k..........

Somehow I would be Very surprised if Hart made more than 100k/Year, but hey I would definitely be wrong.

Anyone knows an actual figure?

Just curious as to how deep can the CSA digg in their pockets in case we need new coaches.

Now when I mean how much do they make I am asking the Per Year Figure (NO BONUSES Included, Per Diem, etc)

Should have a voyageurs fundraiser for our next coach

+1

Seriously. This is a good idea. Not only for coach but for any other program expenses although buying tickets to matches and jersey's etc is already raising funds for the national programs. Considering that many on this board already invest heavily in time, effort, and cash it would be nice to raise some funds from a larger proportion of society. OTOH perhaps this should be the CSA's responsibility.

+1

Seriously. This is a good idea. Not only for coach but for any other program expenses although buying tickets to matches and jersey's etc is already raising funds for the national programs. Considering that many on this board already invest heavily in time, effort, and cash it would be nice to raise some funds from a larger proportion of society. OTOH perhaps this should be the CSA's responsibility.

I've thought about this for a while, as long as we could regulate that our cash was going to something good and not directly into the pockets of corrupt officials. Ultimately this leads me to think that anything we do would have to be something direct... for example we have U20 qualifiers coming up in Mexico.. maybe something like having Voyageur care packages waiting for the boys in their hotel rooms that would be something within our budget(s) that would give our players a big lift.

I've thought about this for a while, as long as we could regulate that our cash was going to something good and not directly into the pockets of corrupt officials. Ultimately this leads me to think that anything we do would have to be something direct... for example we have U20 qualifiers coming up in Mexico.. maybe something like having Voyageur care packages waiting for the boys in their hotel rooms that would be something within our budget(s) that would give our players a big lift.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/konradbak/konradbak1101/konradbak110100051/8531746-dominant-sexy-lady-isolated-on-white.jpg

Might be out of our budget but might motivate the guys....ok joke aside now

I agree we could maybe get something for the guys for the Honduras game? If any V's are going there then they could just drop it off at the hotel. Thus avoiding shipping charge

^ My guess would be a little lower than that, but i'd be surprised if he doesn't make at least 200K.

Holger used to make $350K as both coach and TD. Then Yallop was hired as only the coach and was making about the same. Mitchell reportedly was making less than either of his predecessors and Hart i assume must be making less than Mitchell.

Prior to the 2010 WC someone (Marc?) posted the salaries of various international coaches as well as those in Serie A. Roughly half the coaches in Serie A made less than 500K Euros. If the CSA spent just a few hundred grand more on a coach we'd likely be able to get a highly competent individual. Of course, they'd have to find the money *cough* cash reserves *cough* to do so and stop making excuses.

Serious? 200k at least for Hart the King of Donair..........ok the CSA is definitely not getting their money's worth......IMHO

Any unemployeed coaches from the last WQ? Say 2010 or 2006? Someone we can afford that is. For 400k we should be able to get someone with more experience on the Intl Stage but also some CONCACAF Experience, or COMNEBOL.

EDIT: I peeked around and URUGUAY's: Óscar Tabárez (was) is getting 300k per year.

http://www.just-football.com/2009/12/world-cup-2010-managers-salaries-aka/

http://blog.3four3.com/2009/12/12/world-cup-coaching-salaries/

I cut the list SHORT to 600k as that is what I believe we(the CSA) could afford as a Maximum, and not sure about the assistants:

- Hun Jung Moo (South Korea): 600,000

- Morten Olsen (Denmark): 570,000

- Milovan Rajevac (Ghana): 540,000

- Bob Bradley (USA): 400,000

- Radomir Antic (Serbia): 447,000

- Matjaz Kek (Slovenia): 360,000

- Gerardo Martino (Paraguay): 360,000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerardo_Martino

- Rabah Saadane (Algeria): 360,000

- Reinaldo Rueda (Honduras): 350,000

- Vladimir Weiss (Slovakia): 312,000

- Oscar Washington Tabárez (Uruguay): 300,000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93scar_Tab%C3%A1rez

- Kim Jong Hun (North Korea): 250,000

- Shaibu Amodu (Nigeria): 180,000

First of all about a third of those guys would not be a fit for our organization and probably don't even speak english. Then do you think that Oscar Tabarez would cost the same amount for Canada as he does for Uruguay? Canada is not a good job for a lot of reasons, also there is no national pride for all of the coaches on that list that would be willing to take less money. Lastly compared to all those teams we have traditionally had less ability to qualify for big tournaments, we haven't even made the Hex for a while, so there is less opportunity to move up the coaching ranks after leaving the job.

This is shameful. How dare you, all of you. Our team is in THE MIDDLE of qualifying, and you're talking about this stuff. With fans thinking like this, why bother to qualify.

Grow a pair. If you don't have the balls to stick it out in the heat of hope than at least show the balls to keep your fool mouth shut.

**** like this is not what winners think about. Absolutely disgraceful. Hart may not be perfect, but at least he deserves not to be eyed up by a bunch of vultures before he's even dead!!!

Get back onside and support the team.

This is shameful. How dare you, all of you. Our team is in THE MIDDLE of qualifying, and you're talking about this stuff. With fans thinking like this, why bother to qualify.

Grow a pair. If you don't have the balls to stick it out in the heat of hope than at least show the balls to keep your fool mouth shut.

**** like this is not what winners think about. Absolutely disgraceful. Hart may not be perfect, but at least he deserves not to be eyed up by a bunch of vultures before he's even dead!!!

I'm pretty sure he was just having a laugh man.

We should have a Voyageurs fundraiser for the Voyageurs.

I would like to do crazy stuff, since we have taken over the south end... is have a giant canoe go back and forth across the south end of BMO. Just an example.... or just three giant letters W I N that get passed around....

Even if it's not just for a laugh, it only takes a slight alteration in trajectory to spin this as a fundraiser for coaches in general ... future, current, whatever.

As for a V's fundraiser for V's, why not a yearly gala evening? Have as many national team members there as possible, do meet and greets, silent auction, etc, etc. Could be held in conjunction with a friendly or WCQ.

As I write this I realize I would most likely be completely off the hook for helping to organize what could turn out to be a logistical nightmare simply due to geography. Still, it might bring in a lot of cash.

Totally.. Don't get me wrong brother, I am in full force support mode right now. I think this comment rubbed you the wrong way.

Here, I made this for you <3

Archived