Canadians abroad: September 14-20, 2012

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for September 14-20, 2012.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Canucks in action in Finland:

- Nana Attakora played 90 minutes and picked up a yellow card for Haka who drew IFK Mariehamn 1-1. Mason Trafford went 90 minutes for the visitors.

- Frank Jonke went 90 for Jaro who drew 0-0 at HJK Helsinki.

- Riley O'Neill played 90 for MyPa who drew Inter Turku 0-0.

REB not even on the bench today for EB according to Soccerway ...

This will likely happen more often from now on, especially as with Jonas Erwig-Drüppel and Zhang two new forwards are no fully part of the squad rotation. There are 8 forwards for 5 to 6 spots in the matchday squad, and none of them is clearly behind the others. REB will still get minutes, but he will also be rotating out of the squad regularily so others can get minutes too.

There's a good chance he will play for the reserves tomorrow at least.

I saw the game today and OO was very good and it was nice to see him open his Bundesliga account. It seems to me that EF is a very offensive side who doesn't really care about the defensive side of the game (their keeper came up with some big saves on breakaways). The big difference between the OO with EF and the OO with the MNT is support. He always have someone to pass the ball to with Frankfurt but I doubt Canada could play like that.

Something a little odd about this situation if you ask me. I wonder if something has been covered up.

I talked to him. They give him a cortisone shot and received much better treatment from the team doctors in German than the athletic therapist with Team Canada. He is not at 100% but a cortisone shot sure helps.

I saw the game today and OO was very good and it was nice to see him open his Bundesliga account. It seems to me that EF is a very offensive side who doesn't really care about the defensive side of the game (their keeper came up with some big saves on breakaways). The big difference between the OO with EF and the OO with the MNT is support. He always have someone to pass the ball to with Frankfurt but I doubt Canada could play like that.

Replace "OO" with "Friend" and it's 2008 all over again.

Lucas Cavallini got the start as his side - Juventud De Las Piedras - lost 2-0 to CA Cerro in the Uruguayan First Division. Seems like Lucas played the whole 90. As per Uruguayan newspaper El Pais, Lucas got a rating of 6/10 for his performance yesterday, tied for highest performer for Juventud.

http://www.ovaciondigital.com.uy/120917/futnac-664268/futbolnacional/cerro-gano-y-se-desahogo/

Archived