Panama - CANADA 11th Sep, 2012.....WCQ Brazil(R)

canadianfoot

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on what needs to happen at the half is begin to push simeon and de jong higher up the pitch than they are now. They are sitting behind half. This was not our strategy at home as we forced them to make decisions with the ball. I understand we are playing away but someone needs to tell Hart we are down a goal. I suppose he may be playing to keep the goal differential close instead of conceding two and having to beat Cuba by one more? I have no idea.

At some point, bring in Morgan for Jazic. We need more movement. Morgan has iron lungs.

Bring in Pacheco for De Guzman as he is not showing any creativity forward. He just got the ball in a great area and looked directly backwards to the back 4. That ball needs to be spread out wide or to the feet of one of the attackers. Good at home to keep possession, but not down a goal away.

Ultimately, too often do we hope for results that aren't very likely. For once, let's take this game into our own hands and play to win instead of not playing to lose.

Agreed - I will not pin that first half lethargy on Hart. That was not tactics ... Unless Hart told them to go and jog about a bit. Maybe you can say that Hart should have had a man on the back post?

I think Hart was probably thinking let them have the ball at the back. He was trying to play compact and encouraging Panama to come forward, create a turnover and then counterattack with the pace of Ricketts and/or Jackson. Problem is, Panama realized that and just decided to stall and try to kill the game off.

We should have had another another attacker on the roster, end of story. Our lineup is typically with 3 of DeRo, Jackson, Dero and OO. When one or 2 goes down we are ****ed, even with one down we are pretty limited. We should have had another forward in the roster, even if its someone young and inexperienced or not playing at a great level. DeJong is doing well, but still hes more of a LM not a left sided forward in a front 3 and even with him now we are 1 attacker short.

If we don't score early we should go to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, Panama is going to sit back its going to be on us to attack and get numbers forward. Take off Jazic and play Dejong and maybe Ledgerwood as wingbacks with Ricketts and Simeon up top with the midfield 3 of Bernier, Deguz and Hutch.

Agreed - I will not pin that first half lethargy on Hart. That was not tactics ... Unless Hart told them to go and jog about a bit. Maybe you can say that Hart should have had a man on the back post?

I just think Hart took the program as far as his experience can allow, his tactics are timid and it shows in our football. We've stopped playing bush league and for that he(Hart) must be commended. But we have problem scoring and pentrating the final 3rd and part of that is confidence.

It will be an interesting discussion afterwards. I'm not sure Hart can be blamed for that. Normally the goalkeeper decides which post is going to be covered. I personally think a goalkeeper should always have both posts covered. This will save a lot of goals during the course of a season. Hirschfeld should explain the situation to make things more clearer.

What surprised me most is the ''small team mentality'' Canada displayed during the first half. Canada have nothing to fear from Panama (Canada have better individual players and were by far the better team on Friday) but yet they play very very deep. I'm sure Hirschfeld can smell a fart by McKenna and/or Hainault. The pitch is far too big to close down Panama. They can easily win tonight. De Jong, Jackson and Ricketts have looked quite on their game tonight but don't get enough balls and support.

I'd like to see Bernier replaced in the second half and move Atiba further up the pitch as well. He's by far the best player and is much more effective for this team when playing closer to the strikers.

A few times Sim looks like he is going to beat his man and cut in for a shot or give/go, but then he lays it back...movement over. Frustrating.

+1

I honestly think we've got it in us to equalize...whether we can stop a second Panama goal late in the game is another story...

I understand we haven't looked very good this half but remember there is still another 45 min to come. To everyone calling for the players to "run more": for these guys to go chasing like crazy in that heat would not only zap their energy, the team would lose shape and get caught out by a good Panama side. They need to stay smart and do whatever it takes to come away with one point.

I still have faith we have a plan and can get something from this game. I may be delusional in doing so, but I do have faith.

I just think Hart took the program as far as his experience can allow, his tactics are timid and it shows in our football. We've stopped playing bush league and for that he(Hart) must be commended. But we have problem scoring and pentrating the final 3rd and part of that is confidence.

Not sure how much the CSA has in the Bank but IF we don't make it to the HEX/WQ then Hart should be replaced. Yes I must say Hart has limited experience, not to take any credit Away from him thou. We are definitely playing better than a few years ago. But that debate we will have LATER.

I know one thing, I'm sure sick of seeing crosses with one guy in the box..

I'm not sure what that was .. surreal horns, lights off and on, and the whisper commentary, and a strangely lethargic performance. THey look like someone waterboarded them between games.

It's tough when you're playing with ten men plus a back-passing robot like De Guzman. It's rare to see someone with such an aversion to active play. A fascinating psychological case study, perhaps not the guy to play in front of the back four.

We were consciously getting the ball to Atiba in Toronto; he's getting marked out and DeG doesn't have the impetus to make us a threat.

Not sure how much the CSA has in the Bank but IF we don't make it to the HEX/WQ then Hart should be replaced. Yes I must say Hart has limited experience, not to take any credit Away from him thou. We are definitely playing better than a few years ago. But that debate we will have LATER.

fair enough!

Archived