Panama - CANADA 11th Sep, 2012.....WCQ Brazil(R)

canadianfoot

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad to say it, but aside from a breakout or two, this team looks far less hungry than the one that played last Friday. I am starting to think Panama's much-discussed sleep deprivation and demoralization strategy may be working...

Not really I would say apart from a few mistakes we are playing quite well. In the 2nd Half we will need to sustain probably another 10-15minutes of attack. IF Panamas decides to even, they might just park the bus and sit it out.

EDIT: HONDURAS 1 - CUBA 0 in the 34th Minute

Sorry but we need a more experience coach. Like Herdman did the with the girls, we need to go to the next level.

We finally have the talent level, but we dont play with the confidence needed. I would like to see julian out for a more technical pacheco playing closer to the strikers with hutch dropping back.

If we keep Panama from scoring and can steal a goal in the second half, this will go from being a disappointing and lethargic performance to an epic performance and masterclass in tactics.

We just need that second half goal.

I agree but we're not really getting any chances. We waste 5 minutes at a time watching their back 4 pass the ball around until we get it back and begin a build up that may or may not work and return to the next cycle of 5 minutes.

Question is WHAT CAN HART do? Should he move anyone around?

Agreed - I will not pin that first half lethargy on Hart. That was not tactics ... Unless Hart told them to go and jog about a bit. Maybe you can say that Hart should have had a man on the back post?

Well, if he does nothing and we get one off of a set piece or a quick break in the second half, that's all we need. But we'll need to start running at players more to try to draw more fouls in dangerous areas which is something Hart can affect.

A few times Sim looks like he is going to beat his man and cut in for a shot or give/go, but then he lays it back...movement over. Frustrating.

Archived