Panama - CANADA 11th Sep, 2012.....WCQ Brazil(R)

canadianfoot

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on forster01, too many players playing out of position.

We are still so perilously thin. It is hard for me to believe that 26 years after 1986, and all the hope I had then as a teenage player about how we'd progress as players developed, and we still can't produce enough players to provide meaningful depth.

3 days of hope, that's all we got. That second goal has ****ed us too as now Panama have a better head to head

Irrelevant. Assuming Panama beats cuba they win the group with 12 pts. All we need to do is beat cuba and draw with honduras, doesn't matter what else happens. OUr future is in our own hands.

We have to smack Cuba for a few goals, they will be demoralized and we need to not pull a typical **** performance vs a lesser team. Then we will have to get something in Honduras, hopefully Honduras kill themselves in Panama, get a couple reds a couple injuries and are exhausted and we go down there and pull something out in Central America for once.

Yeah, we did not have much going well tonight at all. Panama was very good, but not exceptional. We were very poor, clearly. I am not sure Bernier offered anything out there, to be honest. Hutch was okay, but not fantastic. We were so damned static the whole game. Our ability to run off the ball, make space, be dynamic was sorely missing tonight. JDG was okay. Jackson fought hard. Can we not take a freaking corner kick even? Bernier was poor, but Johnson was poor last game.

Lots of work to do yet. We have to beat Cuba, but beating them big would help a lot. We need Panama to beat Honduras big time, too. Then it gives us more options in Honduras. We could even lose in Honduras and still advance on goal differential. Right?

Maybe we just don't have the horses, but I worry about Hart's ability to do anything other than the predictable. Maybe that is the best we got, but we have been more creative in the past, have we not? Maybe not this WCQ stint, but several Gold Cups ago we were very dynamic.

Everything will be clear in one month. God help us.

Panama 9 (+4)

Honduras 7 (+2)

CANADA 7 ( +/- 0)

Cuba 0 (-6)

Cuba game is a must then we up to 10pts. And we pray that Panama beats Honduras, then hey have 12pts. And we play Hondurand and Panama has Cuba.....

If we Win and Honduras wins. 10pts each. Panama 9......with last game being Cuba..... Kind of risky.... Holly crappppppp

A Draw Panama/Honduras give 10panama and 8honduras....Canada wind wih Cuba 10....then we need DRAW in Honduras and they need a Win....

We need to find a way to play that allows Hutch to play further forward when we're missing so many other good attackers.
Totally agree, though I fear that Hutch simply isn't wired that way. Who knows. But we need him to function more clearly as an AM. This means slotting Johnson and JDG behind him.

I pretty much hate that our destiny to qualify to a Hex is not in our hands. After the next game, win or lose, we'll either be praying for a miracle either way, as I'm sure Panama and Honduras will go out all out for a cushion and not have to rely on a must win game for either of them on the last day.

I guess this game ends discussion of playing two strikers up front (4-4-2). lol

4-5-1/4-3-3 hybrid is the way to go for us.

Bernier better not be starting next game. DeJong in the other hand, he was impressive. Hopefully we have full roster healthy next month (one of biggest months in recent history for CMNT). Do or die now!

Let's put on Terry Dunfield so JDG can pretend he still plays on TFC and they can both packpass every single time!

Yup. I think he made one fwd pass that i can recall. Just not the same player anymore. Not influential anymore. Its looking like they might have to win in Honduras to advance.

Cuba game is a must then we up to 10pts. And we pray that Panama beats Honduras, then hey have 12pts. And we play Hondurand and Panama has Cuba.....

If we Win and Honduras wins. 10pts each. Panama 9......with last game being Cuba..... Kind of risky.... Holly crappppppp

A Draw Panama/Honduras give 10panama and 8honduras....Canada wind wih Cuba 10....then we need DRAW in Honduras and they need a Win....

Also let's hope Canada scores a lot of goals against Cuba while Honduras lose more than couple of goals against Panama.

Well, reality check. This defense rolled over faster than a cheap hoo... F@k that sucked!

Honduras and Panama will probably tie at which point we'll need only a tie in Honduras, but this defense cannot stand against any kind of real pressure. So you know that won't stand in Honduras.

If Panama decides to help Honduras and lets then win or we don't score against Cuba. We'll you know... No hex, no world cup, low FIFA rankings and a hard group like this next time around.

Confidence level is really low right now.

We sucked, granted. But so many here seem to be giving in with their "see you in 2018" comments. We've never been this far in 15 years, let's enjoy it. We will beat Cuba and if Panama does its job at home, we could only need a draw and possibly a narrow loss to advance. Here's hoping for a big win by both us and Panama next time out.

Archived