El Director de la Seleccion Nacional Julio Cesar Dely Valdes.....calsl for Revenge !!

Trillium

Front page of Panama America .... sports section, the National coach has called for a Red Sea to invade the el estadio Rommel Fernandez para eljeugo de venganza ante Canada.

Poor Valdes was out coached in Friday night Aurillo Martinez in his column today points out " fue una lastima porque hasta ese momento habia una guerra estrategica entre los entrenadores.... and he clearly believes Panama was outcoached...

As to the Red Sea... Valdes had better remember.... it was parted.... and

Moses held out his hand over the sea, and the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind. It blew all night and turned the sea into dry land. The water was divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on both sides.

Scripture gives us the guide.... as those who read the bible believe, and here scripture says... divide them go with it on the ground with a strong wind .... the soccer gods and the greater gods may well be with Canada on Tuesday night.

Hold it a second: They got moose in Panama?! I don't mind a wounded moose analogy, but the moose is OUR wild rampaging animal, NOT theirs. I would say that after years of brutal officiating and difficult times in CONCACAF, WE are the wounded moose. Beware, the WOUNDED MOOSE have landed!

Im worried about this game because as was in the past 2nd half of last game if panama want to put pressure on us we are vulnerable at times so we need to be sharp and make good decisions that being said my heart tells me 1-1 tie but reality is i dont see us winning this game since we dont create that many chances except on set plays

Im worried about this game because as was in the past 2nd half of last game if panama want to put pressure on us we are vulnerable at times so we need to be sharp and make good decisions that being said my heart tells me 1-1 tie but reality is i dont see us winning this game since we dont create that many chances except on set plays

Personally I am getting a bit weary about those who saw Friday night as a lucky win for Canada and claim that Panama had us on the ropes and that we were shaky at the back, couldn't score up front and blah, blah, blah..........

I was there and did not see it that way. After reading the doubter comments I rewatched the PVRed version last night and wonder what game these people were watching. The first half was clearly dominated by Canada and the stats (which you can look up yourself) verify that impression. Of course Panama brought some of their game in the second half and played well to about the 56 minute where Canada started to push back and things were pretty even for a while. Of course Panama threw everything they had at us in the last 15 minutes but really what do you expect? If you think that it was Canada's poor play that allowed that to happen, then you ignore the fact that Panama is a quality team ranked more than 20 spots above us and have the ability to push back. Did anyone really think Panama was going to roll over for us?? So I pose the question; would you have felt less nervous if you were a Panama fan given the number of chances they gave Canada and how our tactics were clearly getting under their skin? Those are the fans who should be having a lot of hand wringing and sleepless nights.

Personally I am getting a bit weary about those who saw Friday night as a lucky win for Canada and claim that Panama had us on the ropes and that we were shaky at the back, couldn't score up front and blah, blah, blah..........

I was there and did not see it that way. After reading the doubter comments I rewatched the PVRed version last night and wonder what game these people were watching. The first half was clearly dominated by Canada and the stats (which you can look up yourself) verify that impression. Of course Panama brought some of their game in the second half and played well to about the 56 minute where Canada started to push back and things were pretty even for a while. Of course Panama threw everything they had at us in the last 15 minutes but really what do you expect? If you think that it was Canada's poor play that allowed that to happen, then you ignore the fact that Panama is a quality team ranked more than 20 spots above us and have the ability to push back. Did anyone really think Panama was going to roll over for us?? So I pose the question; would you have felt less nervous if you were a Panama fan given the number of chances they gave Canada and how our tactics were clearly getting under their skin? Those are the fans who should be having a lot of hand wringing and sleepless nights.

+1 (and I'll toss in a wounded moose, too).

Beavers and Moose: What could be more Canadian!

So your saying that our inability to create chances in normal play is not worrisome for you? I watched the game and i was happy with the win but there were things that concerned me so what you are predicting a win especially in hostile territory and with panama going to be coming out gun ho?? dont forget the refs are going to be card happy.. i love to be optimistic but i say a tie at best

So your saying that our inability to create chances in normal play is not worrisome for you? I watched the game and i was happy with the win but there were things that concerned me so what you are predicting a win especially in hostile territory and with panama going to be coming out gun ho?? dont forget the refs are going to be card happy.. i love to be optimistic but i say a tie at best

If McKenna had burried his two free headers it would have been a 3-0 result and nobody would be worried about open play chances. Quite frankly, Panama should be worried to death about their inability to cover set pieces. I think Panama will win in Panama, but of the two sets of fans, it should be the Panamanians most worried/concerned about their team's performance on Friday.

I am aware that it is a different dynamic when you are playing an away game and I believe it will be more difficult. I also am not making a specific prediction about the outcome on Tuesday as I think we have two fairly evenly matched teams who will no doubt bring everything they have to this match. True that the lack of scoring from open play is a bit worrisome but there were so many things we did right in that game on Friday that people either didn't notice or seem to be taking for granted. One example is how well we kept our shape and managed to close down a lot of what Panama was trying to do.

Maybe we have been disappointed so often in the past that many are reluctant to embrace the positives just in case it all goes for crap. For myself, I have chosen to throw away the **** colored glasses, rub the crusty residue out of my eyes and embrace the ride that we SEEM to be on. I see the potential here and think the glass is way more than half full. If it goes wrong later I will deal with that crushing disappointment in the same way that I have for the least 15 years; pick myself up, dust myself off and hope for better things in the future. Seems better than sitting on the sidelines as a doubter, saying I told you so if things go in the ditch and having no joy at all.

BTW, these comments are not aimed at you or your post; it just happened to be the one I replied to after reading a number of others that seemed excessively negative. My main point is this: If as a Voyageur you are nervous about this upcoming match; just think what it feels like to be a Panamanian fan who has just seen some big weaknesses exposed in the Canaleros. Today I would rather be in our position than theirs.

Allez Les Rouges!!!

If McKenna had burried his two free headers it would have been a 3-0 result and nobody would be worried about open play chances. Quite frankly, Panama should be worried to death about their inability to cover set pieces. I think Panama will win in Panama, but of the two sets of fans, it should be the Panamanians most worried/concerned about their team's performance on Friday.

Not really, as a panamanian fan, I am concerned but not about our overall performance on Friday. Our defense was very able to cope with the pressure mounted by Canada on the first half (Yeah there was the Mckeena header to the post, but not much more appart from that, we also blew a couple of good chances). One stupid mistake blew it all, a mistake that happened in fact when Canada was not looking that good. To get to the hex the formula is, win all games at home and scratch some points on the road. You won your home game, now we have to do the same. I think more than concerned about Friday's game we are a bit pissed off because we let go a point that was almost in the pocket and we have lost part of the leverage we had won with the victory on Hondurian soil.

What DOES concerns me is that very likely Canada will park the bus "Chelsea" style and we will have to figure how to brake that lock, defense being the best attribute of the Canadian Team.

Not really, as a panamanian fan, I am concerned but not about our overall performance on Friday. Our defense was very able to cope with the pressure mounted by Canada on the first half (Yeah there was the Mckeena header to the post, but not much more appart from that, we also blew a couple of good chances). One stupid mistake blew it all, a mistake that happened in fact when Canada was not looking that good. To get to the hex the formula is, win all games at home and scratch some points on the road. You won your home game, now we have to do the same. I think more than concerned about Friday's game we are a bit pissed off because we let go a point that was almost in the pocket and we have lost part of the leverage we had won with the victory on Hondurian soil.

What DOES concerns me is that very likely Canada will park the bus "Chelsea" style and we will have to figure how to brake that lock, defense being the best attribute of the Canadian Team.

I appreciate your input on this and regardless of which tactics are employed and the final outcome, this looks like it has the potential to be an epic battle.

I think the special attn the Panamanian fans are giving our boys suggests that they both respect and fear us. If you look at it from their perspective we defend well, we're dangerous on set pieces and we've got more punch in our counter attack than ever before. For opponents Canada is tricky opponent. With Occean out we will have change our tactics going forward somewhat... We need to play balls over the top and into space behind thier CB's instead of aerial balls directly at our target man.

The golden frog (err actually toad) is wounded... or extinct. Beware the extinct toad! He's just like a Panamanian, cute lil fella.

2pncw.jpg

Holy cow Joe! Did I just see a golden toad swallow a beaver and a wounded moose??

Right back at you boys, just as I said: you did your duty in your field and we did ours, and no whining about the ref necessary since he was not at all an important factor.

Peace boys, take it easy and one game at a time

Cheers

Holy cow Joe! Did I just see a golden toad swallow a beaver and a wounded moose??

Right back at you boys, just as I said: you did your duty in your field and we did ours, and no whining about the ref necessary since he was not at all an important factor.

Peace boys, take it easy and one game at a time

Cheers

Better team won on Friday, better team won last night. No excuses on the referee, no excuses on the Panamanian support, nothing. All I can say now is: please beat Honduras (and comprehensively if you can) on Oct 12th and we will take care of the rest. Peace.

Better team won on Friday, better team won last night. No excuses on the referee, no excuses on the Panamanian support, nothing. All I can say now is: please beat Honduras (and comprehensively if you can) on Oct 12th and we will take care of the rest. Peace.

Jambo, there is no solidarity in soccer between Central american teams and specially not between Panama and the rest of Central America. For so many years we had been the Soccer Cinderella of the area, not until fairly recently have we reached a level of gameplay that has earned us some respect, and still the more traditional soccer teams of the Central America dont acknowledge that progress. So believe me, we want those three points against Honduras, and if that takes them out of the Hex so much better for us. No offense intended but I rather face you guys in the Hex that a pumped up Honduras team, after all they just went to the last World Cup and didnt look specially bad (only manage one point, but they did not get trashed).

The Honduras-Canada game on the last date is going to be HELL.

Jambo, there is no solidarity in soccer between Central american teams and specially not between Panama and the rest of Central America. For so many years we had been the Soccer Cinderella of the area, not until fairly recently have we reached a level of gameplay that has earned us some respect, and still the more traditional soccer teams of the Central America dont acknowledge that progress. So believe me, we want those three points against Honduras, and if that takes them out of the Hex so much better for us. No offense intended but I rather face you guys in the Hex that a pumped up Honduras team, after all they just went to the last World Cup and didnt look specially bad (only manage one point, but they did not get trashed).

The Honduras-Canada game on the last date is going to be HELL.

Agreed on all your points. And no offense taken, if I were Panamanian, I would want to see Canada in the HEX as well instead of having to go to San Pedro Sula/Tegulcigalpa again; and that's if I were speaking perfectly honestly. Let's hope we play you again next year.

Archived