Steven Vitória

Yohan

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Vitoria is quietly having one of his best pro seasons. Think that's  goal #7 in 28 games. Perhaps talk about phasing him out of the CMNT  is premature 

It's not so much his ability as the fact that he looked geriatric at the World Cup which can partially be explained by the level of competition but he can't play multiple 90s in short succession.

40 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

It's not so much his ability as the fact that he looked geriatric at the World Cup which can partially be explained by the level of competition but he can't play multiple 90s in short succession.

These are the key words. Within our region I think a 36 year old CB scoring 7 goals at a mid table Liga Nos side is pretty damn good. I think he'll hang around for another year or two yet...

Our defence looked poor at the WC because Herdman forgot he had more than 3 midfielders in Qatar and kept fit guys on the bench in favour of Atiba and Eustaquio who weren't 100%.

I still maintain it wasn't so much that we were outclassed it is simply that Herdman got it completely wrong in how he managed the squad, mainly in the midfield.

18 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Our defence looked poor at the WC because Herdman forgot he had more than 3 midfielders in Qatar and kept fit guys on the bench in favour of Atiba and Eustaquio who weren't 100%.

I still maintain it wasn't so much that we were outclassed it is simply that Herdman got it completely wrong in how he managed the squad, mainly in the midfield.

He didn’t though IMO. He gave us the best chance to win in hindsight. Without that formation we wouldn’t have employed the high press that troubled Belgium. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He didn’t though IMO. He gave us the best chance to win in hindsight. Without that formation we wouldn’t have employed the high press that troubled Belgium. 

I don’t think anyone had problems with how the squad was set up against Belgium. It was the subsequent games that were questionable.

• 2 weeks later...

Chaves gave up their chance at a UEFA Conference League spot.

They didn't apply for a license. It will pass to the next team if they finish in a spot

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/chaves/detalhe/chaves-abdica-de-inscricao-na-uefa-nao-temos-estrutura-para-abracarmos-um-projeto-dessa-dimensao

3 hours ago, rydermike said:

Chaves gave up their chance at a UEFA Conference League spot.

They didn't apply for a license. It will pass to the next team if they finish in a spot

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/chaves/detalhe/chaves-abdica-de-inscricao-na-uefa-nao-temos-estrutura-para-abracarmos-um-projeto-dessa-dimensao

that seems like a major oversight..