Steven Vitória

Yohan

Interesting club to land with. They have some Poland NT regulars and some periphery national teams players for countries like Bulgaria, Croatia etc.  

They finished 5th last year. 

Interesting that there are some other players from Portugal in their set up as well. None that are capped with Portugal though. They also have a player on loan at Benfica B.

Edited by Obinna

41 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

http://lechia.pl/aktualnosci/steven-vitoria-nowym-pilkarzem-lechii-gdansk-9411

So it's not a loan! It's a "transferu definitywnego" and a 3 year contract at the Polish club. I guess he was willing to trade getting well paid by Benfica for one more year for an extra 2 years of salary and a contract that will give him a much greater chance at playing time.

Benfica was likely desperate to sell him as well given that he was in the last year of his contract. He was originally signed on a free by Benfica, so it's possible Lechia got a good deal, although it's still to be seen if he can secure a starting role with a fairly good club in Poland. I would imagine Lechia acquired him to be a starter, but he's still a high-risk commodity given how little he's played in the last four years. That said, he was decent in MLS and has looked solid in three caps for Canada despite presumably not being fully in form. And given the relative notability of the league and the expectation that the club will compete for European football, Lechia could be a good spot for him to re-build his career.

Edited by Zem

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wikipedia says he managed there until 2012. Vitória's loan was in 2015. I wonder then how well they actually know each other.

Could be a Philly staffer who's been around put a bug in Nowak's ear. Nowak probably pays attention to MLS still

Pretty big drop in playing level from both Portugal or even MLS to Poland but he should get a lot of playing time. Also might get a chance at European football with Lechia and Poland is one of those leagues that should be better than it is so it could possibly be on the ascent. Would have preferred him to sign with a midtable Portugese team like he used to play for though. Still the main thing is that he is playing and should be match fit for September.

Edited by Grizzly

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

Do we know how much he was making at Benfica?

Well, $400 000 USD at Philly. Since he was playing very little (if not at all) before that loan at Benfica, we have to assume he was making at least that much or more; with Benfica likely wanting his salary off their wage bill.  €350 000/year would therefore be my minimum guess.

• 5 months later...
44 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

What is his contract situation? Is he loaned from Benfica to Lechia Gdańsk or was it a transfer. I seem to recall he had one year left??? hopefully he moves somewhere he can play during the summer.

He moved there on a free transfer

Still half a season left to break into the team. If he can get a chance and take it, that could be very good for both him and us. His club is tied for first right now. If they finish at the top they qualify for 2nd round UCL qualifying next season. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm not sure what happened to the to the other Steven Vitória thread. It looks like it got deleted.

On 12/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, bfque8 said:

PORTUGAL

[PRM] Steven Vitória has the start for Moreirense against Tondela.

• 21': Steven goes off with an injury.
  • FT: Game finishes off as a 0-0 draw.

Anyway, here is the video of his injury yesterday (nothing gruesome) :

https://desporto.sapo.pt/video/KINcr6mAZVJ5Apfe19Lk

It's not clear how bad it is.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 12/20/2020 at 10:52 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm not sure what happened to the to the other Steven Vitória thread. It looks like it got deleted.

Anyway, here is the video of his injury yesterday (nothing gruesome) :

https://desporto.sapo.pt/video/KINcr6mAZVJ5Apfe19Lk

It's not clear how bad it is.

He is out of the care of the medical staff and back to regular training so it wasn't anything too serious; he isn't training at 100% intensity just yet.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-12-27/moreirense-boas-noticias-para-cesar-peixoto/872996

I assume he won't start on Tuesday vs Santa Clara, but it's a good sign.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • jordan changed the title to Steven Vitória