Steven Vitória

Yohan

13 minutes ago, Brethers8 said:

Has it still not made its way to Canada yet???

Nando's has been in Canada for years. I love it, but there are several chicken places in Toronto (and probably elsewhere) that are superior IMO.

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Nando's has been in Canada for years. I love it, but there are several chicken places in Toronto (and probably elsewhere) that are superior IMO.

Oh I see! There aren't too many other options over here, or at least not out in the sticks in Ipswich. This is making me hungry

9 hours ago, Brethers8 said:

Oh I see! There aren't too many other options over here, or at least not out in the sticks in Ipswich. This is making me hungry

It's the cheeky phrase I was referring to, don't know if they use that reference here!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Floortom said:

Can atone translate this? They mention the upcoming Mexico matches. Is it confirming Vitoria will be called up?

http://www.omileniostadium.com/editions/edition1267.pdf

(via google translate)

Portuguese-Canadian National Team in Canada Mexico-Canada, March 25, at 22 hours

It is not the first time we do it. Not many years ago we interviewed Steven Victory for television and radio where at the time worked.

This time and with the approach of the World 2018 qualifiers and knowing involvement of several Portuguese-Canadians in the selection of Canada, as in the case of coaches Tony Fonseca (deputy), Nuno Santos (goalkeeper coach), of Pacheco, player of Santa Clara, and Steven Vitoria player SL Benfica, where he remains, after being loaned to MLS, behold, the opportunity arose through another Luso-Canadian, head of the Canadian Football Federation with responsibilities in communication, Richard Scott, of interviewing, once again, Steven Vitória. Steven Vitória (born January 11, 1987 in Toronto) is a professional Portuguese-Canadian soccer player of Sport Lisboa e Benfica (although last season has played in MLS) and the Canadian National Team. Steven Vitoria signed for FC Porto at the age of 18 years. In the following years, was the target of a series of loans, starting with GD Tourizense in the third division, then passed the Olhanense, for two years, and helped this team to rise to the Premier League in his second season, working in 18 games, 15 as a starter. Steven Vitória cut all ties with Porto in July 2010, signing with the Estoril Praia Sports Group, the second division. In its debut season in the top flight, 2012-13, he played 27 games and scored 11 goals to finish in ninth place among the best scorers of the league - eight of them penalties - to help his team stay in fifth place and qualify for the UEFA Europa League. Steven Vitoria signed by S. L. Benfica on 16 June 2013, a four-year contract. At the time I said that the day of signing of the contract was "the most important and happiest day of my life." The February 9, 2015, was provided to the Philadelphia Union of Major League for one season. He scored his first goal for the club in his hometown of Toronto, a defeat against Toronto FC, by 1-3. Steven Vitória represented Portugal in 2006 Lusophone Games in Macao, the Championship 2006 European Under-19 in Poland and U-20 2007 World Cup in their country of birth.

In January 2016, Steven Vitória accepted a Canadian invitation for a friendly against the United States on 5 February, and played the full 90 minutes in the 0-1 defeat in Carson, California.  How feels a Portuguese-Canadian player to represent the national team of Canada? "It is a great privilege to represent my country. It's a big responsibility but play at the highest level is the dream I have since childhood. "

In the past we had Pedro Pacheco and Fernando Aguiar on behalf of the Portuguese Community, as lusocanadianos the Canadian National Team. He followed their careers? "I know well the two. I got to play against them sometimes. I do not know them personally, but I know that at the professional level were successful and well represented the community. "

What are your expectations, representing Canada and where he hopes to get the defense of Canada? "It is important to have high expectations and goals also. Mine are always to succeed. In this mode we have to win more than lose. It is also important to take a day's time, one game at a time by setting small targets that will lead to a great! And in this case, we all know what it is. "

Leave a message for the Community Luso-Canadian expecting the same support another lusocanadiano player in Team Canada. "What I ask is simple ... Not just for me but for the entire group that is trying to do their best to represent our country. It is only with your real support we have the possibility of qualifying. "

As this took place his first appearance with the main selection of Canada ?? "It's no secret that Canada has an excellent group of players. Already abia, but now I learned even better. We have some important games ahead. We have a team with quality and we want win. "

How was playing in Toronto last year? "It was exciting. I had come from an injury and was the first time I played at BMO Field. I loved playing in front of family and friends. They were present near 40 family and friends. It was nice to play at home. "

We have already sold more than 35,000 tickets for another game of qualification for the Russian World in 2018, on 25 March in Vancouver, against Mexico, at 22 hours. The next Tuesday, the 29th of March, Canada plays at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, as of 22:30, with two games to be broadcast on TSN2. Benito Floro, head coach of the selection of Canada said: "We want to see a red sea at BC Place." "Canada's support has been excellent everywhere in Canada. What happened in Vancouver in November was wonderful and unforgettable, so we can not expect more of the same in March."

Canada, Mexico, Honduras and El Salvador make up the Group A of the semi-finals CONCACAF on the way to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. In CONCACAF round, Canada will play six games against Honduras, El Salvador and Mexico. Canada adds four points after the first two games with a win over Honduras (1-0) at home on 15 November 2015 and a draw in El Salvador (0-0) on 17 November 2015. Now, will play home and away with Mexico on 25 and 29 March 2016, then faces Honduras and El Salvador at home again in September 2016. it is discharged by the first three. We can only thank Steven victory and wish him to be present in Russia the World in 2018.

Edited by BrennanFan

9 hours ago, Blackdude said:

It's not a friendly, it's a World Cup Qualifier. I do think that it makes a big difference because of that.

You need players in playing mode for this game, even the North-American players situation isn't ideal, with them having played only 2 games before this match. I wouldn't call Vitoria for this one. It's probably also why Haber is coming in, he is up and running.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2016 at 2:57 PM, Canadian Pride said:

Any updates on where Vitoria will be playing his club football next?

Latest rumour is that he will be doing pre-season training with Benfica. Maybe they want to show he is fit so they can loan him again? http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/desporto/steven-vitoria-vai-fazer-pre-epoca-no-benfica/574f61040cf22f3ce42eae05

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Ex Union manager Piotr Novak is the manager there.  Interesting connection.

Wikipedia says he managed there until 2012. Vitória's loan was in 2015. I wonder then how well they actually know each other.

http://lechia.pl/aktualnosci/steven-vitoria-nowym-pilkarzem-lechii-gdansk-9411

So it's not a loan! It's a "transferu definitywnego" and a 3 year contract at the Polish club. I guess he was willing to trade getting well paid by Benfica for one more year for an extra 2 years of salary and a contract that will give him a much greater chance at playing time.

• jordan changed the title to Steven Vitória