CMNT For "Dummies" ?

rdroze

I'm bringing out some folks for the Panama game on Friday, and an issue that continues to pop up is that these "normal, non-Voyageur" people know relatively very little about the national team. Some of them could name a few players, but for the most part the CNMT is a collection of completely unknown persons. Though lacking in knowledge, my people are not lacking in interest, and seem to want to know more.

Are there any good resources out there (web sites, videos, etc) that introduce the team and its members on a fairly basic level? I've seen some of the "inspirational" videos and the recent CSA one, but I guess I'm looking for something slightly more educational and easily digestible that could serve as a quick guide to the team and highlight some of the players to watch.

Any other tips for getting my people educated and interested at the same time?

Read up on recent tournaments so you can see how we've fared over the last few major events. So the 2011/2009/2007 Gold Cup's. The 2010 WCQ run. For a deeper knowing of the team, check out the 2000 Gold Cup and just see how qualification for us has gone over the years (notably the 86 qualification). Wiki will cover that all too. Easy to get through stuff.

Outside of playing a solid match of FIFA '10 World Cup, the wiki page is probably the best for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_men%27s_national_soccer_team#Players

+1

There is no better way to quickly learn about our team (or any for that matter) than wikipedia. Sites like soccerway are useful for stats but don't provide a clear overview like wikipedia, though it has it's flaws obviously.

Yeah, the Wikipedia page is pretty good, and it's where I usually turn to for up-to-date info, but I figure it's a bit heavy on the data side of things; fine for a soccer geek like me, maybe not ideal for the newbies. But yeah, I'll probably pass that link along.

@baulderdash77: that roster announcement video is good, thanks; I wish there was another one for this set of games.

Archived