17- F- Olivier Occean | GER / Eintracht Frankfurt

18- GK- Milan Borjan | TUR / Sivasspor

19- FB- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC

20- M - Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact Montréal

22- GK- Kenny Stamatopoulos | SWE / AIK Fotbol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many central midfielders (JDG, Hutch, Johnson, Bernier, Ledgerwood, Pacheco, Dunfield), not enough wide players. But really no major surprises. Klukowski has been supplanted by Morgan and Jazic, it appears.

I'd rather see Nakajima-Farran or even Teibert in the team instead of Pacheco or Dunfield.

Too many central midfielders (JDG, Hutch, Johnson, Bernier, Ledgerwood, Pacheco, Dunfield), not enough wide players. But really no major surprises. Klukowski has been supplanted by Morgan and Jazic, it appears.

I'd rather see Nakajima-Farran or even Teibert in the team instead of Pacheco or Dunfield.

Considering we play with three central midfielders that only leaves a backup for each player +1 extra. So not really that many, also remember that Hart has used Ledgerwood in many positions other than centre midfielder.

No Klukowski is all I notice from the omissions (beside the obvious ones)

To me, Left Back is a highly contested position...I like Klukowski who wasn't chosen, and I like Jazic and Morgan, but I'm STILL choosing De Jong for the starting role, personally. With him on the left, and Edgar on the right, we definitely have some skill out wide that way with fullbacks pushing forward. And JDG and Hutch are more than adept at covering their runs, so think of it that way and you'll be more pleased with our chances out wide.

When your team is struggling for goals even against a not-great Honduran defense at home I'd have loved to seen Hart mix it up. Cavallini, Teibert, Edwini-Bonsu, something. Especially Edwini-Bonsu, who is now actually starting to worry me. Not more of the same old crap.

Wont happen but I'd love to see Occean / Jackson up top. The only guy we really miss is Simpson, but of course he's hurt.

-------------Occean / Jackson ------------

-- Simpson ------- Atiba ------------ De Ro

Would be a very nice offensive setup. Interested to see how Hart lines them up, we really need some @#$@%^& goals!

Players brought in are upgrades from those they replace.

Plenty of MLS guys who are in season.

I think we are looking good.

I am not worried about all lack of wide players. Bernier can play out there don't forget. Ledgerwood is also RB depth. Dero plays wide for us. Jackson and Ricketts can play wide. We aiiiiiiiiiight!

When your team is struggling for goals even against a not-great Honduran defense at home I'd have loved to seen Hart mix it up. Cavallini, Teibert, Edwini-Bonsu, something. Especially Edwini-Bonsu, who is now actually starting to worry me. Not more of the same old crap.

I'd like to agree with you, but those 3 players combined have played maybe 2 full matches in the last 6 months. I am worried about REB too: not that he wants to part of the MNT, but rather that he simply won't be good enough in the near future.

It would have been a nice surprise to see Cavallini or Teibert, but I am okay with the squad. REB is worrying alright, because he can't get minutes in the B2! Tiebert is not getting MLS minutes but at least he was at a camp and played well. REB is more of an unknown.

I'd like to agree with you, but those 3 players combined have played maybe 2 full matches in the last 6 months. I am worried about REB too: not that he wants to part of the MNT, but rather that he simply won't be good enough in the near future.

We can't call Edwini-Bonsu because he isn't playing enough league games; better call Tosaint Ricketts?

I'm not saying I'd cut Ricketts, of course. He brings quite a bit this team needs and ought to be on it in spite of his club situation.

^ There's a few key differences. Ricketts has already proved himself at a level above Finland. REB was signed to compete for a B2 job and has been deemed not good enough to start, for now. It remains to be seen where Ricketts will fit in with his team when his Dresden move goes through, but I think he'll play.

There's also the fact that Ricketts has been a proven decent performer (I won't get carried away and say he's been anything better than that) for the MNT.

We can't call Edwini-Bonsu because he isn't playing enough league games; better call Tosaint Ricketts?

I'm not saying I'd cut Ricketts, of course. He brings quite a bit this team needs and ought to be on it in spite of his club situation.

Why would we call REB? Forget club form...he has no senior international experience. His chance was T&T game and he wasn't called.

Would have liked to have seen cavallini personally. Similar to Occean body-shaped wise, would be able to run at tired defenders. If we were ever in need of goals in the last 10 mins of one of these two games, I would of let him run around.

Other than that, the squad looks pretty good. Really getting anxious for these games now.

Why would we call REB? Forget club form...he has no senior international experience. His chance was T&T game and he wasn't called.

I don't think "of course Hart shouldn't call REB; he didn't call REB this other time" is a reasonable argument. If he could be wrong once he can be wrong twice.

It's true REB has no senior international experience, but he's got as much international experience as you can get without playing for the senior team and everybody gets their first cap somewhere. Canada has a lethargic, one-dimensional attack which fades late in games and lacks any impact substitutes or anybody who can play wide; that seems like Edwini-Bonsu's element to me. He's not a sure thing but nobody is.

Interesting, according to the listing there are four CB's: Edgar, Hainault, Jakovic and McKenna and three FB's: Jazic, DeJong and Morgan who all play on the left so no right FB's. One of the CB's will move over but it does highlight that this is a weak spot for the team.

Interesting, according to the listing there are four CB's: Edgar, Hainault, Jakovic and McKenna and three FB's: Jazic, DeJong and Morgan who all play on the left so no right FB's. One of the CB's will move over but it does highlight that this is a weak spot for the team.

David Edgar played well at right back in Canada's matches this past June and the job looks to be his for the time being. It may be a weak spot, but with Edgar there it's far from the weakest position on the pitch.

Archived