For the full T.O. Voyageurs experience vs. Panama, what hotel do you recommend?

Mapleblood

PM Tuscan. He's flowing down with a bunch of Sask V's ... I dunno where they are staying but they could help out I think.

I think we are staying in separate places so I'm not sure we will be much help, although Tuscan will have more info than I will. I am at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport (read: in the middle of nowhere and not close to anything). OTOH I got a room for $80/night so that is helpful. I know a couple of the others are staying by the airport as well. After being on the TTC site looks like public transit to downtown from the airport takes 1hr+.

In other words, if you've got the cash stay downtown.

After being on the TTC site looks like public transit to downtown from the airport takes 1hr+.

Just to give everyone a heads up, 192 airport rocket is a TTC bus that goes directly from Pearson to Kipling Station. Kipling will take you east, all the way into down town area.

Dufferin Station is where you want to get off to get close to Gossip/BMO/Lamport. Make sure you have a transfer, and take a bus south/

Just to give everyone a heads up, 192 airport rocket is a TTC bus that goes directly from Pearson to Kipling Station. Kipling will take you east, all the way into down town area.

Dufferin Station is where you want to get off to get close to Gossip/BMO/Lamport. Make sure you have a transfer, and take a bus south/

Is the rocket an express? In other words do you need to pay extra for it? Or if I get a week pass will that cover it?

I think we are staying in separate places so I'm not sure we will be much help, although Tuscan will have more info than I will. I am at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport (read: in the middle of nowhere and not close to anything). OTOH I got a room for $80/night so that is helpful. I know a couple of the others are staying by the airport as well. After being on the TTC site looks like public transit to downtown from the airport takes 1hr+.

Last time I flew to Toronto for a CMNT game I took the redeye, then the airport rocket and the subway across town during morning rush hour on very little sleep. I don't wish that experience on anyone, but I can say the bus is reliable.

As another option, the Airport Express bus is about $40 return to downtown. It goes right to the door of about a dozen downtown hotels, and everytime I took it, advertised arrival departure times have almost been exact. A cab from the airport to downtown, one way is probably around $60 now, I haven't done that in a few years. Considering that the Sept 7 weekend has a major film festival in town, most downtown rooms are $300+. Would be cheaper to take a free shuttle to an airport hotel, and shuttle back to airport to get Express downtown.

As another option, the Airport Express bus is about $40 return to downtown. It goes right to the door of about a dozen downtown hotels, and everytime I took it, advertised arrival departure times have almost been exact. A cab from the airport to downtown, one way is probably around $60 now, I haven't done that in a few years. Considering that the Sept 7 weekend has a major film festival in town, most downtown rooms are $300+. Would be cheaper to take a free shuttle to an airport hotel, and shuttle back to airport to get Express downtown.

I usually stay at one of the Marriotts downtown as they are rather central and generally aren't too expensive on weekends. But as mentioned, because of TIFF, many of those hotels are going for $250-400 a night. I would also suggest one of the hotels near one of the subway stations, for example, the Novotel in North York is less than 30 mins from Union Station; might be cheaper and easier to get to after the game.

We always stay at the Strathcona. Very central, about $150 per night. Sometimes they run promos on their website with glitches that allow you to book rooms for $15 per night (has happened twice to friends I know who've travelled for games this round).

Less about hotels but I've always wondered what happens after games? I always end up at Gracies but is there a place most people go?

Wow so many questions to comment on here. OK from the top:

For myself, I've lately relied on going to that booth in the arrivals section of Pearson and asking them to set me up with a hotel room in the airport district, which usually runs around $90/night. I was planning on doing that again, but would TIFF end up filling up those hotels as well? Do you guys think it'd be wise to get the hotel room booked today or tomorrow?

I'm starting to wonder, maybe for the Cuba match we should all select a hotel and make it THE hotel everyone should try to get a room in, for partying. That's essentially what happened for the Detroit away match, where tons of us ended up at the Travelodge in Windsor (the one right on the waterfront). Led to some decent partying.

When it comes to getting downtown, it usually takes only 45mins to an hour from the airport district we've found. You can either take the express that goes directly from the airport to Kipling, or get on a bus that gets you to a subway station near where your hotel is. Just plan accordingly and you'll be fine. I love the subway, and wish Saskatoon had one just so I could ride it. It'd probably have two stops here lol.

For Friday, if you're playing in the supporters vs. supporters soccer game, make sure you plan to get to Lamport (via Dufferin station and a bus transit heading south) at least 15mins before 2 so we can get stuff organized.

That's essentially what happened for the Detroit away match, where tons of us ended up at the Travelodge in Windsor (the one right on the waterfront). .

Oh man, the ol Travelodge... taht's where I usually stay too ... so cheap and dirty lol

Please help a couple of wayward souls pick a home away from home. The object is a full weekend of fun (Thursday night to Sunday) with convenient game access.

If you are with a few people, I recommend using airbnb:

https://www.airbnb.com/

Essentially you rent someone's apartment for a few nights. Not always worth it if you are alone, but multiple people = a nice place with alot of room for very little money each. I'm from Toronto, so I've never used it here, but I looked up a few apartments that might do you well and a very close to BMO (in Libery Village):

Assumed check-in friday the 7th and departure Sunday the 9th.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/576291

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/662380

If you don't have a hotel yet, I might have a suggestion... that is if you are coming in the night before and are willing to get arrested.

If I get the wavelength on which you are going for this (and I may be completely off), did anyone end up doing it in June?

If I get the wavelength on which you are going for this (and I may be completely off), did anyone end up doing it in June?

No, it was 'inaccessible' and we can't post anything about it on this forum.

I shouldn't even have wrote that.

In fact I will delete it all later.

Archived