CanWNT to be honored on Sept 7th at BMO Field

Mango

Good news:

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-s-women-s-national-team-to-be-recognized-in-toronto-on-7-september--p151663

“By recognizing this incredible group of athletes on 7 September we hope to give Canadian supporters the chance to express their support and admiration for taking the nation on a great ride with the capturing of Canada's first Olympic Summer Games team medal since 1936 in the Women’s Olympic Football tournament,” said Peter Montopoli, General Secretary of the Canadian Soccer Association.

I'm just following the Canada Soccer twitter this morning and it sounds like there will be a meet and greet with the players before the game and they will be honoured before kick-off.

Any more details on this? My nieces will be at the game and I would love to tell them more information.

Any more details on this? My nieces will be at the game and I would love to tell them more information.

The Women's Soccer Semi Final was the #2 most-watched Olympic event ever on TSN, only behind the Vancouver 2010 Men's Hockey Gold Medal game.

2.1 million Canadians, minute after minute for 22 hours a day, day after day for 17 days; billions more around the world watched the Games. Now you can be one of 80 people to have breakfast with members of the women's soccer team next Friday September 7th, 2012.

Corporate Package- 8 tickets for $2000

Individual Ticket- minium donation of $250

Soccer Breakfast- Friday September 7th, 2012

Jane Roos Gallery: 7:30 am- 9:30 am

Tickets: Call 416-487-4442

Email: Mallory@CanadianAthletesNow.ca

Each guest will receive a CAN Fund London Calling shirt to have autographed by the players.

Califax you emailed Rick Mercer's people right? The WNT being there writes his segment for him, he goes with them to the pregame, to the MNT game and then into the stands. Perfect!

I did a couple times. It would be great if one of the other media guys, Rudi, Ben, Kris Fernandez, Jaime Doyle, looking at you, you beautiful bastards. Just because you are Media, it might hold more weight.

If you it's not too much trouble, try them again on Tuesday and pitch it one last time, would go a long way in help selling out Cuba, and plant seeds for 2015.

Archived