Canada vs. T&T, August 15, 2012 Game thread

loyola

Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

Russell Teibert, Evan James & Lucas Cavallini waiting in the wings in hope of their first cap. Likely to be a number of subs 2nd half.

Ouvrir

Répondre Retweeter Favori

2 min Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

Subs for #canMNT: Teibert, Cavallini, De Jong, Beaulieu-Bourgault, James, Pacheco, Borjan.

Ouvrir

3 min Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

Veteran left-back Ante Jazic captains the side for the third time in his career. Lots of experience all over the pitch for #canMNT.

Ouvrir

4 min Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

So Doneil Henry earns his first senior cap for Canada at the age of 19. Big night for him. #TheFuture #canMNT

Ouvrir

5 min Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

TRI XI v #canMNT: GK Williams ©, Power, J. Jones, Mitchell, Gonzales, Peltier, Daniel, Leon, Molino, Jorsling, Roy.

Ouvrir

7 min Canada Soccer ‏@CanadaSoccerEN

#canMNT XI v TRI: GK Hirschfeld; Hainault, Jakovic, Henry, Jazic ©; De Guzman, Dunfield, Ledgerwood; Johnson, Bernier, Ricketts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if that's just the back four named in no particular order, or if that order means, with McKenna out, it is likely going to be Jakovic and Edgar in the middle with Hainault on the right side?

Yes thats how they line up. Hainault has played some RB for Houston.

PS Edgar isn't with the team, its Henry.

Pains me to see our only Swedish 2nd divison player starting and our only Bundesliga player on the bench, even though I'm not sure offhand how to reconfigure it so that Marcel would start. Reminds me of Imhof who was often the odd man out even when at the top of his game.

So i'm thinking:

--------------------Lars-----------------

Henry----Hainault------Jakovic----Jazic

---------------De Guzman---------------

Ledgerwood-Dunfield-Johnson---Bernier

----------------Ricketts-------------------

Or something like it...

Yes thats how they line up. Hainault has played some RB for Houston.

PS Edgar isn't with the team, its Henry.

I meant Edgar and Jakovic in the middle for the next match. I would assume wherever Hainault is playing today is where he'll be playing vs Panama bc you want him playing today in the role that he'll be playing when WCQ restarts.

I meant Edgar and Jakovic in the middle for the next match. I would assume wherever Hainault is playing today is where he'll be playing vs Panama bc you want him playing today in the role that he'll be playing when WCQ restarts.

I doubt Hart would break up the Hainault-McKenna central pairing if both are available.

So i'm thinking:

--------------------Lars-----------------

Henry----Hainault------Jakovic----Jazic

---------------De Guzman---------------

Ledgerwood-Dunfield-Johnson---Bernier

----------------Ricketts-------------------

Or something like it...

To me that's the strongest line-up but I will be disappointed in Hart if he plays Hainault at RB today and then in the middle vs Panama.

Interesting line up... I guess Hart wanted to get as close to his starting XI for the Panama game so as to use this game for proper prep after all. Im glad to see this, after so many people said that this game was just basically a mini camp to get a look at some new faces. Good to see Hart taking this game seriously...

Hopefully we will see a more attacking line up as the game wears on. I am anxious to know what Cavalini can offer us up front. I am still mystified as to why Edwini-Bonsu was not called up. This kid needs to get a look in soon. This game would have been perfect.

On a stranger note, I noticed that this game is not listed on FIFA's website. Can anyone comment on this?

Surely this game is recognized for ranking points....

I doubt Hart would break up the Hainault-McKenna central pairing if both are available.

Isn't McKenna injured though?

++ If I'm not making sense I apologize as it's 12.30 at night and I've jsut come back from the Northern Ireland match where I had a few jars of the good stuff

Archived