message to people who claimed that they had been embarrassed by Sinclair's comments

sincforpm

As the debate for Canada's flagbearer is heating up, there are numerous people who claimed that they were embarrassed by Sinclair's unsportmanlike behaviour for her uncalled for post game comments. Therefore she is not worthy of being a flagbearer. Well, I have a message for all these pretentious hypocrites: Up yours!

These are the people who probably haven't even watched the game but had just watched it from TV highlights and the now infamous comments.

First of all, when Sinclair was being interviewed, she just started diplomatically till the reporter asked her if she felt that she was robbed. Sinclair then let her outburst of emotions took over. She was voicing what millions of Canadians felt at the time and I support her 100 per cent. In fact, she is to be commended for speaking out the truth instead of speaking like a diplomatic robot. As of today, Sinclair remains defiant and is still sticking to her comments of the game was being called unfairly and Team Canada had the victory taken away from them.

For all those sorry souls who claimed that they were ashamed to have Sinclair to represent them, guess what, she certainly doesn't need any of you and she has more guts and patriotism than all of you combined.

My apologies for this rant but it bother me to no end that after what Sinclair had done for Canada, she gets this kind of shxx from people.

As the debate for Canada's flagbearer is heating up, there are numerous people who claimed that they were embarrassed by Sinclair's unsportmanlike behaviour for her uncalled for post game comments. Therefore she is not worthy of being a flagbearer. Well, I have a message for all these pretentious hypocrites: Up yours!

Let's consider turning this around. I'm embarrassed for the people that believe they were embarrassed. These people are missing the boat, as they don't recognize that we have all witnessed one of the greatest moments in Canadian sport in many years, and Christing only said what perhaps 10,000,000 Canadians that tuned in at some part of the game, felt, and would say it themselves if given the chance. It's one thing to call or not call a foul as we all see the game slightly different and we have all been there before, but when that referee pulled tht call out of her ass, when it wasn't called on anyone else for even longer infractions, this smacks of trouble.

Hope you are not directing this to people on this forum....

I doubt many people here feel that way at all.

If anything we would have lent her our megaphone.

My apologies. My rant was definitely not directed at anyone in this forum as I know you will all support Sinclair. I was so enraged that I had forgotten to clarity this. My sincerest apologies once again.

My apologies. My rant was definitely not directed at anyone in this forum as I know you will all support Sinclair. I was so enraged that I had forgotten to clarity this. My sincerest apologies once again.

No apologies necessary!

If it weren't for rants on this board for topics like this, it would be mostly empty! LOL!

Welcome aboard.

Mission 2015 starts soon!

We all saw what happened in that game. We have been following this sport for long enough to know what a bs call is. Canada was robbed, plain and simple. Somebody had to say it and in this case it happened to be her. I respect her more for saying it than being diplomatic about it. keep calling it horse**** and people will see it for what it is. People who accept being robbed are just suckers. Nice guys always finish last. I wold rather look guiltily at the mall than innocent in prison.

We had a good chance to win taken from us by a highly unusual series of calls, true. How do we know this? Because we almost never see a ref call the 6 second rule, and never without a warning first. And we base this judgement on being experienced fans of the game. Fine.

If you are an experienced fan of the game you also know that saying that the result was decided ahead of time is worthy of sanction. NOt saying you were robbed, not saying you thought the ref was unfair. If you openly say that the result was decided in advance, that it was effectively a fix, expect the governing body to act. If you say it in most leagues or in the midst of a tournament you can expect a sanction. A game, or two, or a fine, some sort of punishment.

If you don't think so, then you do not know enough about football to judge a 6 second rule, sorry to say.

Now let's take it a step further. It is a like a tactical foul, you have to take them every so often. Even if it means that Sinci has to sit out. If you never make a stink and never get charged for it, the refs and governing bodies will run all over you. Sometimes a coach has to run onto the field, sometimes the ref needs to be mobbed on the pitch and you have to take a few yellows for it. You have to make a stink and give them hell, because it works: the pressure FIFA feels from the US in women's football is just that, they are scared of them, so they gift them results, allow them to do NIKE ads when all publicity is explicity prohibited in the Olympics, and let Wambach ref after the fact (got that Colombian player a two game suspension) and during (counted out the 6 second offence for the ref, when she should have been carded for doing so). Wambach was the fourth official for FIFA in this tournament, and they allowed it because no other federation puts any sort of pressure on them except maybe Brazil.

So Sinclair for flagbearer, but if you think the calls were bogus you should know enough to admit what she said deserved a sanction.

This is what Scott Murray of The Guardian had to say

"The greatest knockout match in major-tournament football since 1982"

,,,,,,,,but a wee bit can be attributed to the Norwegian referee Christiana Pedersen, who spent the last few minutes of normal time juggling custard pies while furiously pedalling a miniature trike with square wheels, an act she's clearly lifted wholesale from popular working men's club entertainer Howard Webb.

With Canada leading 3-2, and Pedersen repeatedly honking her horn, the referee paused her comedic parping to penalise Canadian keeper Erin McLeod for holding on to the ball for 6.00000000000000001 seconds. Given that nobody in any form of professional football has been pulled up for this since the days crossbars were made out of tape, balls were made out of solid varnished teak, and women players were kept locked in the FA's basement while the menfolk grappled with each other and their own inadequacies, this was a peculiarly harsh decision. Especially as Rapinoe's subsequent free-kick led to the late penalty which denied Canada victory. "It was taken from us," said coach John Herdman, moaning like an old househusband. "The referee will have to live with it. We'll move on from this but I wonder if she will be able to," he added, in what was clearly an arch reference to Pedersen's trike, the wheels of which are a shoo-in to fall off any time soon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/07/the-fiver-women-football-olympics

Archived