Canada 2015 Opening game

xabuep2

Opening game in Vancouver, but time has to work for European viewers... Then Montreal, then the Prairies. Show off the best looking stadia.
Unfortunately Canada's best looking stadium won't be ready in time, nor a host, Regina. I think our girls should be based in Vancouver, they are comfortable and familiar there.

If Wambach is still playing we start counting to 10 every touch of the ball.....

I think that every time an american keeper has the ball there should be very loud and organized counting.

More on the thread topic though, if our girls have to bounce around all over the country during the tournament then it's essential that all the other teams in the other groups need to as well. Would hate to see them completely travel fatigued going up against a team that has played all its games in the same stadium.

I liked the old system where 4 teams were grouped in one location for first round matches.The last wwc in Germany moving the teams around was not a problem (except for fans) as the country is much smaller than Canada. Even the constant changing of hotels could present a problem similar to the Brazil bus incident. The mwc in Brazil is already being criticized for huge travel requirements for the teams. To maximize revenue put Canada at the largest stadium (Edmonton?). and put the USA at the next largest stadium which is close to the border (Vancouver?). If you were coming from Germany to support your team would you want to play (or could afford) to travel to Halifax, then Edmonton, then Montreal for first round matches. Of course Air Canada and West Jet would probably like that.

I don't care where the play their group games but it would be absolute folly to move them around during this phase. This is a big freaking country: the less time they spend in cramped flights the better. I would love them to be based in Vancouver, but the important thing is to keep their travel to an absolute minimum. If we want to parade them around the country, then let's set up friendlies over the next several months in every major city.

Whether Canada starts east and works west or starts west and works east, I think it would be a mistake to have Canada "based" anywhere. If possible, the Nats should hit three stadiums in three different parts of the country.
The whole idea is for them not to move around, certainly didn't help the 2007 U20 men's team.

The women have built a following in Vancouver and it's the best showcase for them.

I don't care where the play their group games but it would be absolute folly to move them around during this phase. This is a big freaking country: the less time they spend in cramped flights the better. I would love them to be based in Vancouver, but the important thing is to keep their travel to an absolute minimum. If we want to parade them around the country, then let's set up friendlies over the next several months in every major city.

If their opponents are also moving around, as would be necessary, there is no competitive disadvantage.

In most major tournaments, groups don't necessarily play in the same city the entire time, so keeping Canada in one city won't happen. I also don't think the CSA would have much say where the matches are played, as I would assume that's a FIFA thing, just like the schedule and the draw. I think an optimal draw would see Canada start at the opposite end of the country where the playoffs are. For example, if the semis/finals are in Vancouver, then it would be great if Canada played their round robin matches in Moncton, Montreal, and Ottawa, and if the playoffs were in Montreal or Ottawa, then it would be perfect if the round robin matches were played in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. Regardless, Canada is huge, and all 24 teams will be doing plenty of travelling, so while limiting that travel would be great, everyone will be facing a similar situation.

In U-20 Canada 2007 team Canada played the openning game in Toronto , then 2 games in Edmonton.

In 2015 Canada could play the openning game in BC Place Vancouver , second game in Vancouver as well, and finally the third one in Edmonton. Then, put A1 tema for the QF to play in Montreal .

Archived