2012 Olympics Match #5: Canada v. USA

Vic

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance by Sinclair and the whole team. However as one of the posters on this forum has stated - "Sinclair doesn't show up for the big games" and "scores all her goals against minnows". Some minnow! Some game!

What happened with the free kick against McLeod??? Did she hold the ball for too long? Crazy.

I don't have rewind ability, but if anyone does, that would be interesting to rewind and count.

The camera broke away just before she kicked but from what I could see it was 12 seconds. It was over 6 seconds

with out question but that pretty much is what all keepers do anyway. This one was one of the extreme rare occasions to

be enforced.

Let's hope the ladies bring home the bronze which would be a huge victory as no Canadian team in the summer Olympics

in any sport has won a medal since 1936. Men or Women.

I started out hoping it wouldn't end up a blow out against us. Great job tactically and in execution; it was anybody's game up until that last goal. The US women played hard but fair, and I don't have any grudge against them. It wasn't their fault some dubious calls were made. I just hope we can recover to play the same way against France. We owe them a good showing.

Disgrace performance from ref. Yanks got lucky in this game. Hopefully now, Japan gives USA a beating and I hope ref for that game ****s over USA.

Canada played well and they shouldn't be ashamed at all. They did us proud! Now we got a bronze medal game against France. I hope Canadian ladies aren't too down for this game.

I started out hoping it wouldn't end up a blow out against us. Great job tactically and in execution; it was anybody's game up until that last goal. The US women played hard but fair, and I don't have any grudge against them. It wasn't their fault some dubious calls were made. I just hope we can recover to play the same way against France. We owe them a good showing.

Canada has a history of not caring about bronze medal games in team sports...well mainly hockey, lulz.

Literally, the odds were not in our favour. A Canada win paid 8.5 to 1. Whatever the officials cost is miniscule compared to the loss caused by a Canada win.

That game was bought. As the ref in the Mexican expose on criminality in Mexican football said, "It's easy to fix a game. We can prevent a team from ever leaving its end of the field."

Canada played so well and did everyone proud. Scott and Sinclair specifically were amazing, hope they feel proud of the game they played. Unfortunately we get screwed by calls every time we are close in a meaningful game vs the USA. Even the American guys in the studio saying the call was bull****. Why do we get the shaft so often, so hard to break through when you seem to never get respect from the refs which is a massive, massive travesty of the game.

Sinclair finally has to win player of the year; just another incredible effort. Can see, finally, the shape of a contending team - hopefully this is the start of the rise for these players. If they can keep it up 2015 will be an incredible tournament for the younger women on this team.

So gutted for the ladies, they won that game fair and square.

Tank was ferocious out there. All of them were. They basically took Waumbach and Morgan out of the game, and if it weren't for the corner blooper and the rope by Rapinoe, the US wouldn't have even been in a position to take advantage of that ****ty ref and her ****ty calls.

*sigh*

Literally, the odds were not in our favour. A Canada win paid 8.5 to 1. Whatever the officials cost is miniscule compared to the loss caused by a Canada win.

That game was bought. As the ref in the Mexican expose on criminality in Mexican football said, "It's easy to fix a game. We can prevent a team from ever leaving its end of the field."

Oh please. Stop being such a sore loser. Officiating was horrendous for both sides. Canada was lucky on plenty of non calls.

Archived