Are there any updates on injuries??

I noticed that there isn't much recent news on the status of Chapman, Zurrer or Gayle. The last we heard was about three days ago and that was that the team was "hopeful" that Chapman "might" be ready for the Sweden game. That didn't happen but we haven't heard too much about the prospects for the Great Britain match. I was under the impression that maybe the tournament was done for Zurrer and Gayle but not too sure whether that is a correct assumption. Anybody have a clearer grasp on this question?

Gayle and Zurrer have been replaced...

Thanks for that; I was under that impression but couldn't remember what I had read, or where, that gave me that impression. I guess that was how Nault ended up back in the line up. Still curious about what the prognosis is for Candace Chapman. If she is, or will be, match fit that would seem an important upgrade to the back line; especially if we meet USA in the quarter final match (he says optimistically).

Zurrer and Gayle have been replaced on the roster by Nault and Booth. Things not looking good for Chapman tomorrow.

Well that is not the best news :( but I could see us being in good shape against GB tomorrow with the current line up and the tactical formation we used against Sweden. Maybe more of a factor for the following game.

I guess the other burning question is who starts in goal?? What to do; start the usually reliable McLeod who has been having a few brain hiccups this tournament or go with the presumably still injured LeBlanc who has not faced the same level of competition so far?

Archived