2012 Olympics Match #4: Canada v. Team Great Britain

Vic

NBC commentary is just awful.

"That might've not been a corner"

"This team is getting better improving"

"They have to they have a home crowd"

They just showed the US-NZ highlights, featuring a post match interview with Sydney Leroux. Puke.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canada having a good game V GB. I am British-Canadian and have to say I can not see GB scoring today.

this is all done bar the shouting. Teasing Lord bob about the bronze medal game. Anyone know if its a cupcake game or does forth place walk away with Nothing?

Hey, Im a Brit. I'm new to Olympic soccer okay?

Seriously, Canada has to but an end to that USA dominance. and Posturing C'mon Ladies!

SAD to see soo many empty seats. hope we can fill all of ours in for the Womens World Cup. I know some people view the olympics as a "minor" tournament and the WC as....the WC lol

Goes back to the old chestnuts of Coperate seats and playing games outside of the Capital(s) where the intrest is not that great I'm afraid.

Ever been to Coventry? the real place that is; not that thing when every body blanks you.... Actually it much the same thing really.

Its still looks like 20K or so turned up. thats a darn good crowd for a womens game in England.

this is all done bar the shouting. Teasing Lord bob about the bronze medal game. Anyone know if its a cupcake game or does forth place walk away with Nothing?

Hey, Im a Brit. I'm new to Olympic soccer okay?

Seriously, Canada has to but an end to that USA dominance. and Posturing C'mon Ladies!

4th place gets nothing.

Well done ladies, best game in years for them. Nice for a change to have the refs on our side.

Okayy Ladies, Time to charm the pants of the UK press. a Mancunian crowd should be up for supporting Canada. Be gracious in victory and the British crowd WILL follow you all the way to Wembly.

The Aussies nothwithsatnding, for obvious reasons, they would rather a Commonwealth County wins the Gold rather than the USA.

Why am I seeing similarities with the 1980 US Miracle on Ice (coming up).

I hope such an event would occur but a little early to celebrate. We were the higher ranked team in this game but the three

teams left beside us are all higher ranking and teams that we have not won against in years.

Archived