2012 Olympics Match #3: Canada v. Sweden

Vic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO HAPPY FOR TANCREDI! What a great feeling it must be to be at the top of the scoring list at such a prestigious tournament. Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, work is getting in the way of my Olympic addiction. Looking forward to it and seeing Canada in the quarters.

Great team performance from Canada. I can't remember seeing them play better soccer. Sure they have played with as much heart in the past, but this was not the same team. They dominated Sweden for much of the game (although Sweden did not waste their chances in minutes 12-15) and it was not about physical intimidation. They controlled possession, moved the ball with speed and precision, and executed what appeared to be a relentless attacking game plan. They had several chances, the Swedish keeper and defence did a great job in keeping them out of the net.

But most impressive was their mental strength. Seconds after the second goal they were back in the game, controlling and attacking. No negative body language. They made their mistakes and put it behind them, immediately! Kudos to Herdman for bringing the team to this headspace.

I wish the negative bloggers and posters could take a break for a while, crack open a beer and enjoy the party. We're on to the quarters and not facing the US...pretty good outcome so far and lots of potential for the future of this tournament and the team.

Great team performance from Canada. I can't remember seeing them play better soccer. Sure they have played with as much heart in the past, but this was not the same team. They dominated Sweden for much of the game (although Sweden did not waste their chances in minutes 12-15) and it was not about physical intimidation. They controlled possession, moved the ball with speed and precision, and executed what appeared to be a relentless attacking game plan. They had several chances, the Swedish keeper and defence did a great job in keeping them out of the net.

But most impressive was their mental strength. Seconds after the second goal they were back in the game, controlling and attacking. No negative body language. They made their mistakes and put it behind them, immediately! Kudos to Herdman for bringing the team to this headspace.

I wish the negative bloggers and posters could take a break for a while, crack open a beer and enjoy the party. We're on to the quarters and not facing the US...pretty good outcome so far and lots of potential for the future of this tournament and the team.

Hopefully, the tears of joy that flowed yesterday are harbingers of beers of joy that will flow Friday.

Archived