FIFA 13 (Video Game) - Is Canada in?

killgod

(sorry wasn't sure where to put this thread...)

EA announced today they added international play into their Career mode. So guys playing as themselves will not only play club football, but will also be able to be called up by their national side for friendlies, qualifiers and major tournaments. Same for those as managers, who could move on and coach a national side as well as a club.

This is a rather huge addition for the FIFA game and one many have wanted for years.

Seems like they would have needed to expand their international team list to accomodate this, no? I imagine many sides having generic kits, but in order for these qualifiers and tournaments to happen, you'd think there would be most if not all international teams involved.

Just thought I'd share as people have asked us to pitch for Canada being added to the game, although usually denied, perhaps things have changed?

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-the-new-features/

Just thought I'd share, as it seems like this could finally be the year we're not just in the "World Cup" game...

EA announced today they added international play into their Career mode. So guys playing as themselves will not only play club football, but will also be able to be called up by their national side for friendlies, qualifiers and major tournaments. Same for those as managers, who could move on and coach a national side as well as a club.

This is a rather huge addition for the FIFA game and one many have wanted for years.

Seems like they would have needed to expand their international team list to accomodate this, no? I imagine many sides having generic kits, but in order for these qualifiers and tournaments to happen, you'd think there would be most if not all international teams involved.

Just thought I'd share as people have asked us to pitch for Canada being added to the game, although usually denied, perhaps things have changed?

Just thought I'd share, as it seems like this could finally be the year we're not just in the "World Cup" game...

It's a real shame that a game built-in Vancouver doesn't feature the Canadian Mens National Team...

But, they now have this Custom Team feature where you can just download what people share there. So atleast one keen person will make Canada and we all get to download it :D

What I've done for the past two years on my PS3 for FIFA games is made a Canadian squad in Ultimate Team. You can then use that team in online play. Have to agree with Zeelaw, not having a Canadian team in a game made in Canada is annoying.

Wow, international mode sounds really cool! That's pretty exciting to me, especially as I do enjoy all the game modes including Virtual Pro. Yeah, Canada absolutely needs to be there...but hopefully that means they are adding a tonne of international squads!

EA wants Canadians who buy the game to play for their parents nation in career mode, the game is getting scary real.

Parents' nation is Canada, grandparents is Canada, great grandparents is Canada on all sides...except a couple in Montana in the US! Damn! I do NOT want to play for the US! Guess I'll have to go back further and choose probably Denmark? Sucks!

Can we please start a petition to send to EA to include the Canucks in the next game!

That will take too long and be underwhelming, the easier thing to do would be to get the CSA to formally approach the damn company that makes the game in their own backyard. Hell, get Steve Nash to call.

EA ads for FIFA is also US centric with the United States tagline.

Yesterday's whitecaps match had a feature on 2 cap players visiting EA. Demerit & Rochat were gushing over having the Caps in the game and having people in Belgium playing with the Caps team. But no single mention that there is no Team Canada.

My guess is no. Canada hasn't been winning and there are many other countries ahead of them in the Rankings that are not in the game.

www.fifasoccerblog.com -> usually they have great updates on what is in and out year after year.

I believe the Czech Republic are being added to the game after not being in the last one. That's the only Nation addition that I have read.

FIFA '98 ("Road to the World Cup") was the best. All downhill from there.

Dude really??? Gave your head a shake FIFA is the best sports game out there the changes they make year and year out is amazing. I really cant see how you think 2001 and on being downhill. 2012 could be the best game play of any fifa game I have played I get it every year and it gets better every year. Last World Cup game was amazing

Hey man fifa soccer blog is a great site I was not able to check out all the new modes on fifa 13 yet the international play into their Career mode is pretty sweet but this mode is not the first time in the game. I believe in 2011 there was international play into their Career mode but it seems like in 2013 its more advanced which is deadly. In 2011 you could get called up to play for the country your v pro was. My bro and I made ours from Hungary so we could get called up to play International and help the team get to the World Cup.

I dont think Canada will be in the game EA really does not have enought fifa buyers in Canada and I dont think they can add alot of Countries and run the game as good as they want it to be.

What I've done for the past two years on my PS3 for FIFA games is made a Canadian squad in Ultimate Team. You can then use that team in online play. Have to agree with Zeelaw, not having a Canadian team in a game made in Canada is annoying.

I do this as well in FIFA Ultimate Team. I don't know how many kids I run into who don't take me and my Canada team seriously until they're down 2-0 off DeRo and Simeon Jackson blasts.

I concur that there is no excuse for Canada not to be in. But its not just us who are being snubbed. FIFA has a huge Europe bias they need to take care of. Off my quick math, 24 of the 29 leagues they have are European. As for national sides, they break down like this:

South America 7/10 -> Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru

Oceania 1/11 -> New Zealand

North America 2/35 -> Mexico, USA

Europe 26/53 -> Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Asia 2/46 Australia, South Korea

Africa 4/53 -> South Africa, Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Cameroon

In particular, North America, Asia, and Africa are horribly done. If they're approached with this perspective, they wouldn't have much excuse not to include Canada along with one or two more from our region. Their game series is called FIFA, not EURO. They should be making efforts to live up to that.

Having said that, I do enjoy BC Place in the game :D. At least Vancouver gets home-town treatment, even though Canada doesn't.

I think they pick the countries based on how they do in their world cup qualifying ...If we make it to the hex then we will be in the 2014 world cup game .... and if we ever make it to the world cup we will probably be in the game for a while.

Hey man fifa soccer blog is a great site I was not able to check out all the new modes on fifa 13 yet the international play into their Career mode is pretty sweet but this mode is not the first time in the game. I believe in 2011 there was international play into their Career mode but it seems like in 2013 its more advanced which is deadly. In 2011 you could get called up to play for the country your v pro was. My bro and I made ours from Hungary so we could get called up to play International and help the team get to the World Cup.

I dont think Canada will be in the game EA really does not have enought fifa buyers in Canada and I dont think they can add alot of Countries and run the game as good as they want it to be.

You must be thinking of Pro Evo, this has not been in FIFA before. Played many a seasons of virtual pro in both games.

For those claiming Canada won't be in, explain how you have qualifiers for major tournaments with only 2 CONCACAF or AFC sides? doesn't make sense. Something has to give here. All the players have always been in the game, slap on some generic kits and you're good to go. That's what I'm expecting honestly.

FIFA '98 ("Road to the World Cup") was the best. All downhill from there.

This is easily the best FIFA game created (certainly the most memorable/entertaining). You could play as any of the nations that participated in world cup qualifying for the 98 world cup and try to qualify for the world cup (and win the world). In addition, this game had the addictive indoor mode and the tackling you could do in this game was hilarious. If I remember correctly (on the PC), if you pressed 'q', you could literately push/punch your opponent and get a straight red (you could also dive in this game, something now found in Pro Evolution Soccer).

What's pathetic is that Pro Evolution series has included a Canadian national team for about 3-5 years now (unlicensed mind you, but at least it's there and easy to change the names of the players to their actual likeness), while the FIFA series has omitted Canada from their games for quite some time despite being produced in BC (only inclusion would be the world cup games).

This is easily the best FIFA game created (certainly the most memorable/entertaining). You could play as any of the nations that participated in world cup qualifying for the 98 world cup and try to qualify for the world cup (and win the world). In addition, this game had the addictive indoor mode and the tackling you could do in this game was hilarious. If I remember correctly (on the PC), if you pressed 'q', you could literately push/punch your opponent and get a straight red (you could also dive in this game, something now found in Pro Evolution Soccer).

Bingo! This game had a TONNE of national teams and you could try qualifying from the beginning.

Plus the "tackle to hurt" you are referring to was hilarious, and provided the teenage version of me hours of mindless giggling :)

Dude really??? Gave your head a shake FIFA is the best sports game out there the changes they make year and year out is amazing. I really cant see how you think 2001 and on being downhill. 2012 could be the best game play of any fifa game I have played I get it every year and it gets better every year. Last World Cup game was amazing

But it is all relative. Are the graphics and gameplay better in FIFA 2012 than FIFA 1998? Obviously. But relative to their eras FIFA 1998 is superior.

Check out the amazing number of different modes and customizability. Check out the national teams. And for the time the graphics and gameplay were awesome.

But I mean, if they are adding national gameplay to Virtual Pro mode, if they just come out with the same bloody teams as they have been year after year, that'll be a problem won't it?

FIFA 2012 came out with the Euros as an add on, which is basically a "whole different game" using the same engine, and they expected you to pay for the download fee as such. It was somewhat successful, but I don't think as successful as they would have liked. Considering they seem to have the same intentions for the World Cup when they introduce FIFA 14, it makes sense they start going more into the national sides NOW rather than as a last ditch effort in FIFA 2014. If they are smart.

That's a big if. If they are REALLY smart, with this initiative they at least double how many international squads you can play as. The problem is they are going to be REALLY REALLY smart and introduce features where you pay to download them. (Wanna bet?)

Archived