Bryan Arguez loaned by the Impact to FC Edmonton

Just caught this on the Impact's website. I'm surprised this isn't happening more often for the three Canadian clubs. They each have a roster of 30 of which maybe 18 players are playing regularly:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2012/07/midfielder-bryan-arguez-loaned-fc-edmonton

MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Monday that midfielder Bryan Arguez has been loaned out to FC Edmonton, in the North American Soccer League (NASL).

Arguez, who joined the Impact on November 24, has not played in any MLS regular season games. He has taken part in four games in the MLS Reserve League and one game with the Impact U21.

In 2011, he played 19 games (2.065 minutes) with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, helping the team reach the NASL playoff finals.

Well, Well, Well ... Some folks from Edmonton, were calling IMFC cheaters for taking on MLS players, on loan at the end of their last NASL season.

It also seems that FC Edmonton is deviating from signing Canadian talent. I can't say I'm surprised. It's only normal that a club that is fighting for a playoff spot in a ''professional'' league, is going to try to even out the playing field, and put the development of Canadian players on the back burner.

Well, Well, Well ... Some folks from Edmonton, were calling IMFC cheaters for taking on MLS players, on loan at the end of their last NASL season.

It also seems that FC Edmonton is deviating from signing Canadian talent. I can't say I'm surprised. It's only normal that a club that is fighting for a playoff spot in a ''professional'' league, is going to try to even out the playing field, and put the development of Canadian players on the back burner.

Well I think a bout of J'accue would be fair If Edmontons Puppet Masters were Indeed the MLS. If I recall, didn't the Impacts draft in a whole bunch of MLS dead weight in an attempt to shore up their embarrasing Promotion to the MLS as Canada's least effective side of 2011.;)

Me Casa Su Casa?

As for Edmonton? Well, you offer 'em and well take 'em. Heck we'd even take a Norwegian Blue Parrot if If it was any good up front.

On the wing Maybe?:D

FCE has been high on Arguez and attempted to sign him in the offseason. I don't take this as developing Canadian players being put on the back burner, as he has been on their radar anyway. FCE still started 7 Canadians on Saturday (could have been 8 had Saiko not been suspended).

Well I think a bout of J'accue would be fair If Edmontons Puppet Masters were Indeed the MLS. If I recall, didn't the Impacts draft in a whole bunch of MLS dead weight in an attempt to shore up their embarrasing Promotion to the MLS as Canada's least effective side of 2011.;)

Me Casa Su Casa?

As for Edmonton? Well, you offer 'em and well take 'em. Heck we'd even take a Norwegian Blue Parrot if If it was any good up front.

On the wing Maybe?:D

Right you are. Beggars can't be choosers ...

Fast forward one year later, and FC Edmonton with a record of 3W, 4T and 8L is trying to shore up survival.

Well there seems to be a decent core fan base building. It would be nice to have the City lock in to getting the stadium up to snuff.

Currenty they (THE CITY) have snafu'ed the new seating in Permit hell. So they (FCE) have 1500 regulars shoe-hord in a 1000 seater venue... and to the Chagrin of some ESG-ers... NO BEER PERMIT!

Its a cracking atmosphere though.:D

Archived