9 Point Weekend?

tmcmurph

Hopefully, there hasn't been a better set-up weekend for it.

Well we blew it. Had our chances and were in charge for most of the game but just couldn't hit the net. Too bad because Chivas were ripe for the picking. They looked very weak. Oh well a point on the road brings us to 4 out of 9 with 2 games left on this trip.

Not the worst result, but left yah a bit sour in the mouth with the missed chances. Have to take the positives though and realize the team is trying new things with a new face, that seems to be a bit out of place to start physically and emotionally. Next game should be a whirlwind 'Caps will be looking for some due reward after squandering the Voyaguers Cup to TFC, will be even better since TFC has picked up there game a bit.

Well we blew it. Had our chances and were in charge for most of the game but just couldn't hit the net. Too bad because Chivas were ripe for the picking. They looked very weak. Oh well a point on the road brings us to 4 out of 9 with 2 games left on this trip.

What did you and others think of Rochat's play in the holding mid position in front of the defence in this diamond midfield?

Well Montreal, with arguably the toughest match of the 3, get the full 3 points. Caps get one off the goat**** and TFC totally **** the bed against the second worst team in MLS. Come on TFC, we have Philly's first round draft pick and really want you to finish ahead of them so we can get first pick! Seriously.

As to Rochat I'm of the opinion he did great and his passes forward were excellent. With him and Gersh in the DM role it is like having 2 CBs in front of our CBs. I'm thinking Rochat is one of those great players who can be one of the best in MLS at 3 positions.

As to Rochat I'm of the opinion he did great and his passes forward were excellent. With him and Gersh in the DM role it is like having 2 CBs in front of our CBs. I'm thinking Rochat is one of those great players who can be one of the best in MLS at 3 positions.

Koffie is definitely a box to box engine room with strength in the challenge and good skills on the ball but not the best passer from what I have seen but he can do the heavy running while Rochat does the holding work distribution and the read and react defending in front of the back four. I ask about Rochat there because I always thought that Jakovic would be a good guy to use in a similar way with our MNT, allowing Hutchinson and Johnson to serve in the box to box capacities.

Well Montreal, with arguably the toughest match of the 3, get the full 3 points. Caps get one off the goat**** and TFC totally **** the bed against the second worst team in MLS. Come on TFC, we have Philly's first round draft pick and really want you to finish ahead of them so we can get first pick! Seriously.

My problem with Rochat playing as a DM in front of the back 4 is that it kills any offense down the 1 wing. I know they aren't pushing hard for goals in the past couple of games and Harvey has been just fine defensively but he doesn't offer the same going forward that Rochat does.

My problem with Rochat playing as a DM in front of the back 4 is that it kills any offense down the 1 wing. I know they aren't pushing hard for goals in the past couple of games and Harvey has been just fine defensively but he doesn't offer the same going forward that Rochat does.

Yea where ever you you put Rochat other than LB you lose a great LB. With him and YP Lee we have a serious 2 prong attack along each wing and can really stretch defenses width wise. Harvey has surprised me with his good defensive play the last 2 games but doesn't offer much going forward. Gersh is just a total greyhound out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the one? Caps play Chivas, TFC play the Union and the Impact play the Crew. All very winable games. Can we do it all on the same weekend? Give'em hell guys and lets all take 3 points home.

You were a few days early with that one. Looks like it will be a nine point day today, providing the whitecaps can hold on to this 2-0 lead.

I was hoping for a 9 point night after TFC & Montreal did their part. We got off to a great start and a 2-0 lead at the half so I was really thinking this was going to be it. Sigh. Not to be. LA got 2 and tied it. We put 2 off the crossbar and forced 2 superb saves from their keeper in the second half but just couldn't get that third one in.

LA have been on a roll recently and after beating us 3-0 earlier in the month and putting 5 past Portland I was worried. We played well but they are a scary bunch going forward. Lots of firepower and one slip or turnover will burn you. Feels like a loss but at least we got a point out of it. 3 would have been so much nicer. Sigh.

I hope Rennie starts to give Teibert some time as a sub on the left. Nanchoff was okay but didn't have the quickness to shut down players or recover as fast.

Man what I didn't expect was Henry to be making such nice runs up the pitch. One good play with a solid assist deal, but more than that, you'd constantly see him on the edge of the 18, waiting for balls from the left that didn't come. And he even threaded a couple solid through balls! I was like...where did THAT come from, those are supposed to be his weaknesses, not his strengths!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well we got 6 for 6 this weekend and TFC didn't play so we are at 100%. Maybe next weekend? Nice finish by Nyassi after a great steal and run. The highlights looked very one sided for the Revs but you got all 3 points. Good to be lucky some times. We had one woodwork save and you had 2 but in the end full points feel great.

Well we got 6 for 6 this weekend and TFC didn't play so we are at 100%. Maybe next weekend? Nice finish by Nyassi after a great steal and run. The highlights looked very one sided for the Revs but you got all 3 points. Good to be lucky some times. We had one woodwork save and you had 2 but in the end full points feel great.

Absolutely Huge win for IMFC. It was nice to have luck on our side for once, as the club as been on the short end in that spectrum. Take the three points, and hopefully understand that luck rarely strikes twice, especially when facing San Jose Earthquakes next Saturday.

Archived